New player: need tips

So just found this game. Played hunter island a few years ago and loved it. Been reading the forums but just wanted to ask some noob questions.

1. I heard I should save gems until I reach 1800 or so. How long will that take and do most people spend money?
  2. any threads I should look up for new player comps
  3. what should I focus on in the short term if I don’t want to spend my gems?
1 Like

Answer 1) u need 1800 gems approx to awaken a mythic which is completely not compulsory to succeed in the game. If u still want to do it might take 9-10 months considering u are new and have ton of stories to complete it might take 8-9 again depends on how much you play.
Answer 2) there are no threads to look for new player comps. But u can use this threads.
Team building thread.
Lemons guide to team building.
Killerdog tier list for selecting powerful monster to go and hatch for.
Best thing : go click on @Killerdog icon and there will be all useful threads linked .
Answer 3) try getting all those free SEs in the game . Evolve galvboss into galvbane.
Try to save 6 star ticket till 6 don’t waste in buying 3 tickets mons at the start.
Try to go for stun monsters . Novadrake in new comer festival is the best monster to get Try to get that .

1 Like

Yeah KDs guide has all you need to advance as a new player

Unless you’re planning on spending I recommend you focus on collecting legendaries for now. You can save up a few hundred gems to target the eggs which look best but focus on expanding your collection (numbers-wise) because this will help you most both short-term and long-term.

If you go to the guides and tutorials category on this forum you’ll find a bunch of useful threads. “KD’s New Players Guide” is probably the best place to start. There’s also a lot of help in the game you can find. Check out the new section, it’s one of the last pages has sections of information.

For hatching banners id rrcommend to try hatching some on first newcomer banner that has novadrake and after that u should try and go full out on delugazar/cynthia banner. Its the best banner u can find in newcomer fest. Ofc if u dont want those two go for day 14-15 newcomer fest banner but still u could see that cynthia is op pvp and deluguazar too

1 Like

My kind of person!

I don’t think that the majority of people spend any significant amount of money(it’s hard to tell exact numbers because the forums and discord have a significant survivorship bias), but even if you plan to eventually, I’d recommend at least trying to beat the offline and online story f2p, just learn the basics of the game, and to improve.

Killerdog’s threads are obviously the best, but there are plenty of other ones if you need more specific help. I plan to make what is basically a new player guide for the battles up to the khanate invasion, so be on the lookout for that.

1 Like

Can someone give me a breakdown of neo monsters festival eggs dates, anniversary date and if there are any other special banners for world holidays other than the common valentines or christmas(those two I know).
If there is a link to some post you can share that instead. I just want to get a better idea of banners and saving thanks a bunch ;))

Summer solstice is potentially something special, which is in exactly a week. It’s hard to know exactly when festivals will be. They vary from year to year

1 Like

And anniversary? November?

23rd October I think. We usually get two festivals in a row… one for the anniversary then one for Halloween

1 Like

ok, thanks