Need Advice on gems

Hi!

I am a new player, been playing for just over a week, but I got really hooked. I started with a Penguini, which I am finding out is extremely good. I haven’t spent any of the gems I have received since starting and now I am sitting at 75 gems. I have heard that there are sometimes events that give you an increased chance at legendary monsters. 

I am torn because I am hitting a wall where it is hard to progress. I have ultimate upgraded my starter and am close to ultimate for penguini, just need the pixie(hopefully tomorrow.) 

but I feel I will not progress until I get some more monsters. Should I spend what I have or wait for an unknown amount of time for the next event? If I decide to wait to spend my gems what are some ways I can progress without them? Are there any monsters you can work towards by collecting certain monsters and fusing like in HI? 

Thanks for the advice!

Wait. It will be very worth your time. Penguini last bite will get you through almost all of the main story by itself. I really suggest waiting. The next festival egg will be soon. There is one once a month most of the time. It has been around a month since the last one. Next should be really really soon.

Note that you only want to spin on FESTIVAL eggs. Not SPECIAL eggs.

Definitely wait. There’s most likely a big event at christmas so hold on to them. If you’re struggling with penguini then try a combination of stun bomb and death revenge leading into him.

Could even be end of next week with thanksgiving

How far are you into the story?

So far in the offline story I have made it to episode 9. In the story missions I am at Chapter 5: Earth Realm. In Ultimate Challenge I have cleared floor 80, but can’t really progress any more. 

As for the stun bomb/death revenge combo, I have been experimenting with that per your suggestion. A couple of times it has worked pretty well, but it’s inconsistent. I can’t figure out how to make it work regularly against the level of monsters I am trying to fight. I have 2 death revenge monsters and 3 stunners. I might go back through the areas and try to find more. Are there any monsters that you can find that are useful besides those? 

Thanks for all the help guys!

Knockback mons are useful if you’re running stun, as you can get rid of absorbers

OK, I’ll look up some knockback guys to add. So far my team looks like:

Puffoxin

Rhynobrawl

Seabark

Redkong

Naga

Chronox

Leobolt

Stegospike

Goldram

Shadeswan

Archswan

Skyblossom

Islandoe

Stormfox

Seasteed

The Godfeather

I’ll probably switch out Naga with a knockback mon. 

You’re looking for http://neomonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Parasardon as (free to get) Knockbacker. The great thing about Parasardon is the high speed of 74% which allows him to get a quick knockback off, which is very nice. With accelerate team and ultrathunder he’s also useful beyond just knockbacking. Pairs well with Godfeather due to being ‘Storm’ type himself. So, for material farming and such you can have him and godfeather at the front and do well.

Awesome! I got him now.
What should I do with friend points? Are they worth saving for anything?

You can get youth fruits when it reaches 400 you will get 1 fruit.its an extra saving slot for them.

OK, stegospike and Naga are out. Another stunner and parasardon are in. Any tips on progressing in UC? I can’t get past 80 or so. Too many poison, death revenge, sleep, etc. Monsters that destroy me. God feather is the only guy I have that can do any real damage outside of death roulette.

It just requires extreme luck really. I mean, you get slept or poisoned once and you’re done for usually and when even the weakest imaginable mons 2-3 shot you, there’s often nothing you can do. 

hmm… 

My game is acting really weird today. I can’t go online. I get the message “You have been blocked from accessing the online section. If you think this was done in error, please contact us.”

I have only been playing normally, so I can’t see why I would be blocked. I don’t use any other apps with this one (except spotify) and I downloaded the game legitimately. I wouldn’t know how to cheat if I wanted to. 

Contact them. There is a pinned thread that says how. Sometimes they make mistakes like this.

OK, I’ll be patient.

THERE IS AN UPDATEE!!!

??? There isn’t an update.

After one week of playing you reach UC floor 80 with that posted team of yours??

I can hardly believe that…

Godfeather can and will do it if you use it correctly.

Actually, before I was blocked from accessing online content I reached UC 91. I haven’t cheated at all. I believe that my last login bonus was day 10, so about a week and a half. My team is exactly what I posted except I dropped stegospike for Rai’jin and Naga for Parasaurdon. I think if I faced the right monsters (not poison or sleeps) I could almost clear 100. I got close once. 

I wonder if I was blocked because they think I must have cheated? I didn’t cheat, but I progressed quickly because I happened to have a lot of time to play over the last week and I tried to progress efficiently. I made it to rank 36. But I didn’t spend a single gem, so I think that they must realize that if I was cheating I would have used a lot of gems and built a really solid team.