Monster Bonuses

Yeah, the new potting system is something I’m not a fan of either.

It helps Awakened Mythics, top tier monsters and LINK strategies, which really didn’t need it.

On the other hand new players got hurt both because they lack potions and because they need to rely on standard rotation monsters more than others, which were already hurt by the power creep and have higher tus for the most part.

Higher tus monsters are sometimes needed for those that like me have a niche pet strategy too, and I won’t hide that this change hurt my team directly.

Speaking of high tu monsters, while low tu moves seem to remain unchanged tu wise at +9 (poison gas is still 42tu), I can’t say the same of higher tu moves.

I really liked the patch in general and I’m interested to see what they’ll do with monster types, but this change is just awful.

Helping awakened mythics is definitely something it does and I really wish it didn’t. Why LINK strategies specifically? I can understand the mention of “top tier monsters” being mainly because they tend to have lower TU moves and they’re safer to pot, which further boosts the advantage they have other others if everything else is not potted as much.

Banedragon +6 should have 172TU double poison eater. Not sure where you’re getting 164TU from because even at +9 it was 168TU.

I said they help LINK strategy because LINK moves tend to have lower tus compared to their non-LINK variants.

As far as Banedragon’s poison eater, I did have doubts after watching your tables. I was going by memory, so my bad. I’ll correct it right away.

I would say the best is to lower all legends to potting step +0 / +3 / +6 regarding which one is the nearest and refund the legend pots the legend had over the fall back step.

For example legend is on +5 --> fall back to +3 and refund is 2 pots. So everyone can decide which stategy she / he will go on with that legend under the new potting conditions and to have the chance to redistribute the pots which are useless now.

btw. I am also a little bit angry because most of my legends are +2 or +5. For every +2 legend I wasted 2 pots for nothing now.

@Devs I am sorry but this was not a well thought out move.

1 Like

True, but since everything gets reduced by the same percentage I don’t think that actually factors in at all

Higher tu moves benefit more from potting than lower ones.

50tu moves being the exception because you can straight up get a turn before the enemy monsters get in under the right circumstances.

I was going to write that myself, saying you could argue it. However, I don’t think it’s easy to make sweeping statements like that. Percentage-wise, all TU skills get the same reduction. It depends on the overall moveset on the specific monster whether they need turns regularly or not. E.g. A move like 160TU faststrike doesn’t matter so much on Tygoron because stun converter can give it a turn straight away anyway.

The only real arguments there are with 50TU skills getting a turn before the opponent can (slightly not true in PvP because we can have potted monsters) and high TU skills opening up a monster to timestrike moves. However, that’s only relevant on 200TU+ skills and it’s very rare people use those anyway, plus timestrike is not a large part of the metagame.

I do use 200tu moves in my team. Gotta make some sacrifices to keep it “purely poison”.

That’s what I meant with the bit I said about this change hurting those with pet strategies, since of course you won’t have the same problems if you run top tiers alone.

Newer players also have to rely on higher tu monsters simply because they don’t have anything better, and now they’re expecially going to have a bad time since early stage potting got nerfed super hard.

Ohh man! new potting system is really very awful, my most of the good monsters at +4 and +5 and now with the new potting system I need around 25-30 6 star potion to go +6 :triumph: and it’s not that easy to get 6 star potion. I’ve kinda lost interest in the game.

2 Likes

Yeah this change is quit considerable. I don’t wanna grind 50 more pots just to make monsters +6 when i already have a priority list of what mons I’m gonna pot next as i always stop at +5. That means whatever monster I was gonna pot next have to wait. ■■■■ this ■■■■■■■ change

Edit: i was robbed for exactly 90 pots from this change…

1 Like

This is the kind of change which needs to be communicated a long time BEFORE it happens so we would have more time to adjust and react to it (aka allocate pots to monsters that really need it instead of spreading them around). I agree with you guys, it’s super annoying as now we all have “useless” +5 potted monsters. Scummy move, Devs.

1 Like

It is true, the changes really went against the players, I remember the words of Killerdog recommending the use of +5 in potions haha! I think there are 2 ways to solve so much badly done, or soon they give us access to many legendary potions … (which I really doubt) or they retract with this change and we return to normality (which I really doubt xD). This change really did make the gameplay very bad. I hope the Devs hear our prayers :pensive:

4 Likes

I think I was the very first person to encourage that practice actually lol

1 Like

@Dev_VKC and the others in charge please reconsider this I worked hard to obtain potions and shared them through out my legends most are at +2 and +5 it makes my hard all for nothing it’s really hard for new players to pot legends to +3,+6,+9

WAIT I havent checked but you’re telling me that +5 mons became +3 and 2 potions vanished!?!?!?!? but in a way we get way more gems now so maybe it’s not that bad

So basically this was one of the best updates we’ve had in a long time but there’s one feature regarding bonus pots that most ppl agree is really really bad. It makes the tu reduction for moves linear and only increases in increments of three. So +1 and +2 increases entrance speed just as usual but doesn’t affect tu reduction. When you get +3 it twice then by 5%. +4 and +5 reduce entrance speed just as usual but still reduce tu by 5%. When u get to +6 it reduces by 10% and it continues. It’s pretty obvious why no one likes this change, but the rest of the update was great.

2 Likes

well ok I tought they took potions off monsters lol it’s not that bad considering the bonus gems we’ll get

We only get 5 or 4 leg pots per month if you’re not a top 10 in PvP and you complete all PvE events so to +9 a monster you need 2 months (for a player who can complete all PvE events) so in 1 year you can fully pot 6 leg and in top of that we have a crazy update coming up every 2 months which changes the meta and always affects some of your potted legs this is too much. I mean the fact a lot of old timers complain is huge, it gives an idea of how big this awful mistake is.
Please @Dev_VKC fix this

1 Like

When roughly did you do this? Any idea where we might find the post? I’m genuinely interested because I remember before I worked out the numbers and rammed it down people’s throats there were a lot of misconceptions. It would be cool to see someone else early on promoting +5 bonus and maybe I missed it.

A couple of members of my clan decided to count up their number of “potions lost”, or otherwise “the pointless potions/bonus on their monsters”. E.g. If a monster is +5 then that’s 2 potions above +3, if a monster is +6 then no potions lost. Only legendaries count, but count them all.

I thought I’d count up mine too… I count 104. Anyone beat that?