MI Question

Exactly that - and it may open opportunities for an ark to become more powerful without actually leveling or anything. Even with games like Pokemon, you can choose what moves they get, and with strategy, you can beat someone who’s just putting brute strength into it all. 

It’s always been dependent on the trainer. You have a bad trainer and the ark will not preform well. Custom movesets will allow the trainer to familiarize themselves with it and will also provide an incentive to actually learn how to fight with the ark and not just do with whatever the game gives you. Also, it adds more exploration. lol.

Even if that makes no sense, things don’t stay the same forever. Sometimes, change is good. I think this is a very good idea and it should be a definite change, and I don’t see why it shouldn’t be.

I like how the monsters are , its kinda like when you get the monster you want it to change what it knows just because you dont like its movesets, you are practically telling it to be someone else… But if they do end up wih custom movesets, goodbye PvP…

“if the story never really “ended” it could help.”

We are addressing this with the online section this time. As for shiny etc, maybe this is a possibility as long as its not stronger than the non shiny version.

as for custom move sets, while its cool, because we decided to put a huge focus on PvP for MI, this won’t be possible. it will simply be impossible for us to balance the game from a testing perspective.  

I don’t understand why custom movesets would “goodbye PvP”. If anything, it’d strengthen PvP and make it more immersive, although, I see admin’s point about being it hard to test.

As for changing the monster, no, not really. You can take a kid and teach them to stop eating junk food and instead eat healthier food. It’s not like you’re going to grab the child and yell at them to stop talking a lot or force them to change some other aspect of their personality.

Yeah, I honestly think custom move sets is a cool idea, but we have close to 1000 monsters this time, so if each gets 4 possible variations, then that’s 4000 monsters to test. Not to mention combinations with other monsters…we are waaaaaaaaaay too small for this. 

That is a good point, I can see it being hard for a smallish mobile company. You guys should make PC versions of your games as well, and even consoles! Well, give it some time… But yeah, its an option

Woah, that’s a bunch of monsters. I suppose that many would still introduce a lot of variety into PvP. :slight_smile: