Jackalhotep

Hello everybody.

I have been doing a bit of research into PvP frequently used monsters, and jackalhotep showed up. After ultra evolving jackhammun, i realised that I did not know how to use jackalhotep to its full potential. Can somebody please tell me how to use jackalhotep efficiently?

Preferably with stratu, any monster that uses one on one can be alternatives

That litlle mofo needs a nerf :grin: i hate him sooooo much
Basically he is used to KB absorvers to setup stun lock then switch themselve to a shocker amd the party begins

1 Like

That’s just how I use him. ehehehe. ^^

Jackal is stun immune, sleep immune and has both high defence and health for a super epic. That makes him incredibly awkward for opponents to deal with and he counters quite a few things. His moveset is incredibly versatile since you can knock back anything you like or bring in your 16th monster. It should be clear why loads of people use him once you start thinking about it!

There are so many ways you can use him so it depends on how best he suits the monsters you have. Some typical uses are:

• Paired with a one-on-one where he doesn’t go to sleep and you can “switch friend” something to a purifier to wake up your team. (great with Stratu or Oni in the front line)
  • Knocking back protectors after they’ve used protect and sweepers that have their blood move charged.
  • Knock back next on things with annoying entrances like shockers, Bane and Motor.
  • Knocking back their stun protection then switching friend to a shocker. (as mentioned above)

A use I personally have for mine is a combo with TT and Lunartic. Jackal is good with Lunartic anyway because the knockback random is 160TU (compared to the usual 250TU of knockback) but if I get a TT off then it often gives me enough flexibility to mess up their team and sometimes take complete control. The mixture of knockback random and knockback (to the back) allows me to put enemy monsters where I want them, to some extent, which can further ruin their team. Edit: knockback random on a bronzeshell is a great move. I love finding a bronzeshell later on in their team long after my Lunartic died!

I highly recommend you invest the super epic potions to make Jackal+9. You want its moves being as fast as possible and if you have it in your front line it’s vital that you can match the speed of any opponent’s Jackal so it’s 50:50 who gets to knock back the other one first.

1 Like

I use Jackal with regalion and one on one, spamming kbn here. :smiling_imp:

When will Jackalhotep be available again?

Jackal is 100% op. He is better than a lot of legends

1 Like

Probably in a special egg, given its op status .

Didn’t he originate from a challenge of some sort? Can’t put my finger on it tho

Yea it was ultimate challenge reward monster.

Same is for robin, diredmon, cryptblade, all these were featured once & now they are in special eggs .

I remember when he was first release I said he was gone be OP just because he was sleep immune. its so easy to stun lock with him. people talk crap about motor but I get my stun lock with Jack all the time. its actually easier since I don’t have to run a cannil monster with him

1 Like