Island Challenge is frustrating

I’m fairly new. Been playing a few months now and I really enjoy this game. But one thing Ive noticed and it bugs me is how strong the AI monsters are, especially in events (Specifically Island Challenge).Usually, I play until i get the right mix but the island challenge makes this impossible!!!

1. i only get 6 tickets and those dry up quick so i have to wait
  2. i gotta wait hours to draft new monsters
  3. 95% of the monsters in my draft are trash or just dont coordinate well
  4. the AI’s monsters are OP as Heck. i got 4 and 5 stars getting 1 shotted by 2 stars. and their defense is better the 85’ Bears. My water typed 5 star monster use poison eater on 3 star fire type that was poisoned and i barely got 25% of its health.

im not saying the event sucks or the game sucks or anything negative. I really enjoy this game but there’s got to be a better way to do this. I’m not saying it has to be easy but this is ridiculous.

Just try SoTF or Showdown tower. I am not playing these events

What level are you at?

Island challenge is quirky. You need to go for bombers or easily charge bloodfury/thirst monsters.

If you get a legend draft in the first 24 hours its a lucky draft - don’t redraft or they wont be legendary.

Save your draftts for legends.

Poison is the short cut. It doesnt work after 80/90. Sleep/dreamhunt BloodTHIRST/FURY will cary you past that.

SE and Legend bombs are the ticket, though.

Also don’t settle for monsters that have killer moves to charge bloodthirst. Ie chrome and shadowyrm wont be useful.

I thought you had some problems till I read “poison eater” and I knew exactly why this thread was made

We’ve all been there, brother. Don’t select poison monsters next time :wink:.

2 Likes

im at 106.

i didnt start using poison until my entire team was getting wiped by the AIs poison team. i quickly realized it doesnt work. thanks for the advice. ill try it

poison wasnt my original team. i only switched because my team was getting mud stomped by poison teams.

lots of players makes the mistake to pick the poison epic and super epic. But once you reach 100 the AI will have increase stat ( that’s why they hit hard ) and they will become worthless. The best pick are sleep monster, stun bomb and also the epic stun revenge with duplicate.
When it comes to legendary avoid monsters with killer move ( protect killer,…), also always pick delugazar if you get luck enough to draft him. And always check if the secret skill is unlocked, some legendary will be much stronger with it like tenebris.

1 Like

Definition of frustration :unamused:

1 Like

Haha poor @rctuga bro Gyo is the bane of your existence…

1 Like

haha this is pretty much my luck as well

thank you

Mine too. Oh well. Got the new SE. Thats all I ever do with this crap event anyway. Bring on the showdown tower and lets get them gems :sunglasses:

I had an incredible team this time, I’m really happy! Up to 300 or so I had only three losses (1 being a stupid mistake, one being winnable but didn’t play perfectly and one no chance - Freezecobra). In levels 300+ dreamhunt starts not one-shotting so now I’m starting to lose quite a few matches. Up to 371, going to stop at 400.

300 is achievable almost every time as long as you pick the right kind of monsters and have enough free time to use the tickets. 400 is a push that’s only possible if you get great monsters for IC. 500 is a very rare possibility and you need to be great at the game (I’ve never got it before). I’d recommend aiming for 200-250 if you’re a newer player and know which monsters to pick. It’s often possible to rush up near the end after getting some good legendaries.

If you get a chance to pick Onigeist or Blazebones make sure you do! These are brilliant for IC.

I drafted Onigeist and Dusicyon, they work really well together.

I focused on building a sleep team this time around and have gotten to 180 before starting to have some difficulty. I havent had great luck though and have only been offered one legendary so far and only a couple super epics. Much less frustrating than when I was trying poison teams though

Just 1 legend!? Im on 4…

Okay! Now I have two legends and two s.e. Hah! Well whatevs, still one of my favorite events, it’s fun to play with totally different monsters than my usual lineup

incredibly fun to play but id be lying if i said watching my team get easily mauled and one shotted didnt make it a little less fun for me