Is one on One bugged? and auto-protect

every time I cast it, it never hit enemy who has ‘purify’ skill, specially tanks. I am not making post just to cry about it but I seen this happening with me 95% of time and now I am curious, is this happening with everyone else as well?

Also, 

What’s up with auto-protect? Why 5* and 4* auto protect are not 100% protecting? while 6* auto protect is ALWAYS protecting?  Is this designed or a bug?

Whenever i go up againts 1-1 i notice if you have a tt out when its used its like 90% of the time to leave tt awake so u are unable to accomplish anything, monster placement may have a factor but i dont think so,

As for auto protect, epic and SE have a chance to protect but it isnt garaunteed, as legend auto protect say aegis he has auto protect +,
Wich makes it a 100% chance to protrct hits.

So in summary 1-1 leaves tt or purifu awake 75-90% of the time,

Auto protects dont block every hit. Except aegis due to protect plus wich ensures they need to hit him.
Dont know if this helped or not :slight_smile:
Ps. Sorry for bad spelling there, was typing to quick and didnt check back to see if i made any mistakes, but i think you could understand the words i meant to type lmao :confused:

Yeah, Aegisdragon is the only monster in the game whose auto protect blocks 100%. And one on one does not choose to pick the worst monster, it only randomly picks the worst monster. No bad luck streak can last forever though.

I never understood why there are not any moves revolving around the order/monster placement during a battle. One on One would be a perfect move for that. The exact opposite enemy of the user is the one who stays awake, so for example left monster is using One on One, left enemy stays awake.

It would take out the randomness of that move to a degree that every player always knows whether the move is likely to be used/makes sense to be used.

You could also focus down the enemy monster that would stay awake if it has a critical move like purify or dreamhunt etc.

Would love to see that happen, although I cirrnetly am not a user of that move :smiley: Less rng, more strategy and reliability always sounds great to me.

Same with protect teammates, using one on one when it is up will always cause the protector to get hit.

RNA Lucrayzor the move «one on one» Almost always hit the same targets and it’s not random. For example the ultimate battle we have now with 2 Blizdyr, aurodragon and the stun absorber one on one always hit the same targets depending on when I use it. I used Oniblade with superepick portector/stunabs. If I used one on one before the protectors turn it would always let aurodragon be awake. If I skiped 1 time and let my protector have a turn first it would always let the Blizdyr witch havent had his turn yet stay awake. I tried many times and always got the same outcome.

Oh, we’re talking about one on one and protect in conjunction? Alright, I see. One on one is actually an exception, it’s not affected by protect. If a protect is active it could land on the protector, or it could land on something else. It’s confusing because it says “blocked” where appropriate, but it doesn’t truly block the move. If it seems like it does affect it, that’s just extreme luck.

I don’t think you understand what I mean. The enemy have this stun absorb + 400sec meganova legendary and that is the one I want to stay awake when I use one on one. After maybe 15 tries I found out it will never happen because well I don’t belive one on one is random.
Same with other «random effects» like sudden death and death revenge. I have started to believe the Ai actually target a monster with it because 4/5 times I can point on what monster it will hit. If I have Delugazar out with bloodthirst active it always hit him. No joke I can’t remeber a fight when he is out and dodge a dr hit… (not talking about payback revenge btw).

Well I’m sorry, I know it’s hard to digest, but you’re simply having very very bad luck. It just doesn’t make sense that the game would be rigged against your favor. Again, no streak of bad luck can last forever. Keep pressing on and it’ll work out eventually.

You fool, there are moves that depend on the order your monsters are in, like Team Turn.

Z19 ProfessorOakJr

I haven’t read all the posts so excuse me if it’s already been said. The original poster seemed to be saying two things:

1. One-on-one often seems to pick the purify monster as the one which stays awake, especially if they’re those SE protectors
  2. Monsters with the “auto-protect” passive seem to have a different chance to block depending on their rarity (i.e. legendaries with it seem to protect more)

(1) I’ve used a one-on-one in most of my front lines for the last year. I can safely say you’re right in noticing something odd with the way it targets monsters. I mentioned it in a previous thread but the targeting algorithm has a tendency to leave monsters with passive abilities to do with stun awake. It especially likes to leave those with the stun absorb skill.

E.g. If they have a team of…
[stun absorber, stun immune, normal, normal]
then you’re probably looking at a 70-75% chance of it leaving one of the two stun passive monsters alive. Probably 40-45% absorber, 30-35% immune and then equally 12.5-15% on the other two.

If they have no stun immune monsters and then a SE protector / Bitterbeast (as many teams often do) then you’re looking at a very good chance that stun absorber is the one which will stay awake.

This is incredibly annoying in some cases but I’ve found Galliodragon is a brilliant way to exploit it since he can do a quick stun flash, taking the stun absorber out of the game. You could use Galvbane for the same effect. Exploiting it in this way means you have a more reliable way of making their entire team be out of play for 320s.

It’s also good in the case of Team Turn monsters. These often get left awake with nothing to do!

As for an relationship with purify monsters, that’s nothing I’ve noticed and believe me I’ve looked. However, I have seen a HUGE amount of evidence regarding stun passives and the one-on-one leaving them awake. Try it against Leogeist and you’ll see… that thing loves to stay awake!

(2) The chance is 60%. I’ve never heard of it being any different between legendaries and other monsters nor have I felt like it’s any different.

You have:
Protect teammates/focus = 100% once used, disappears if knocked back
Auto-protect = 60% chance of blocking
Auto-protect plus = 100% chance of blocking

One very interesting mechanic about blocking is when there are more than one. I believe it works like this…

Protect teammates/focus and auto-protect:

[Case 1 = 1x protect teammates/focus, 1x auto-protect]

1. Target a different monster - two lots of 60% chance to be blocked, if both fail then automatically blocked by the protect teammates/focus. Result = auto-protect 42%, other 58%.
  2. Target the auto-protect monster - automatically “blocked” by the other, then 60% chance to for the auto-protect to “block back”. Result = auto-protect 60%, other 40%.
  3. Target the protect teammates/focus monster - 60% chance to be “blocked” by the auto-protect, if true then 60% chance to “block back”. Result = auto-protect 24%, other 76%.

[Case 2 = 2x protect teammates/focus]

1. Target a different monster - clearly 50% either.
  2. Target a protect monster - 60% chance to be “blocked” by the other, if true then 60% chance to “block back”. Result = one targeted 76%, other one 24%.

[Case 3 = 2x auto-protect]

1. Target a different monster - two lots of 60% chance to be blocked (with no priority order that’s obvious to see). Result = 42% for each one.
  2. Target a protect monster - 60% chance to be “blocked” by the other, if true then 60% chance to “block back”. Result = one targeted 76%, other one 24%.

[Case 4 = 3x auto-protect]

1. Target the other monster - three lots of 60% chance to be blocked (with no priority order that’s obvious to see). Result = 31.2% for each one.
  2. Target a protect monster - 60% chance to get “blocked” by second monster, if true then 60% chance to “block back”. Repeated again for third monster. (No obvious priority order for second and third). Result = one targeted 57.76%, each other one 21.12%.

[Case 5 = 4x auto-protect]

1. Target any one - 60% chance to get “blocked” by second monster, if true then 60% chance to “block back”. Repeated again for third monster, then fourth monster. (No obvious priority order for second, third and fourth). Result = one targeted 43.9%, each other one 18.7%.

What’s really interesting to see here is how protect teammates/focus work like auto-protect when there are multiple monsters protecting. However, they also have the backup of guaranteeing the attack gets blocked. This makes sense from a design perspective to have them the same but with protect teammates/focus have that extra layer of blocking any attack which hasn’t already been blocked by a monster.

In practice this means that a protect teammates/focus monster will draw more of the attacks when targeting neither of the protecting monsters, as seen in case 1. But in most cases there is very little difference with the outcomes.

Auto-protect plus:

This works very differently to the others. This simply draws ALL attacks to it, regardless of other protect monsters. I would assume that what they’ve done is add an extra step after all blocking calculations where the auto-protect plus monster blocks it and is uncontested. Hence it is 100% block rate no matter what situation but if there are two auto-protect plus monsters it will be 50:50 between the two.

Anyway that’s enough for one post! Everything written here is purely my own speculation and there may be inaccuracies. However, this most aptly describes what I’m seeing in-game. If anyone knows better please say. I was a little hesitant writing my analysis on blocking because it’s not complete analysis yet, I need to do more tests. EDIT: Just done some testing and found a contradiction to my analysis on protecting. Don’t quote me on any of it, I’ll get more accurate findings soon.

1 Like