Hello mods

As an avid reader of the original forum on Hunter Island.I was wondering if anyone is still on from back then. I would love to talk to Ashley or Kookaburra or anyone else who used to be part of that community, so if you know any, or are one, please feel free to comment.

2 Likes

idk if this counts but I lurked on the forum for a while during 2016

Did you meet anyone from the HI forum? I am trying to find out about the old forum.

1 Like

I didn’t read much on the HI forum I mostly looked at stuff about neo monsters. There are a few ppl like @Killerdog @Lucrayzor @NMEGaryOak who were active during that time I think.

ah yeah… I still miss the old forum tbh. Was a lot easier to navigate and keep track of… but oh well. I certainly don’t miss the absolute nightmare that was customizing your pfp.

Yeah, you’re gonna be REAL hard pressed to find a whole lot of proper veterans that are still around. Buckingham, Alucard, Lochi, Saul, Scotty, Hidan, Giappo, Michael N… they’re all quite long gone. And definitely whoever was around back when Hunter Island was in its prime. I haven’t been around for the entirety of Neo’s lifespan, but I still find myself coming back to it time and again. It just has that undeniable charm to it, despite all of its glaring shortcomings ya know?

1 Like

I completely forgot about that! Yes I do not miss that.

I absolutely love this new forum. It’s got much better functionality and live replies (don’t think that was a thing before). The only thing I miss was how pretty the old forum looked.

Btw I joined Neo about 9 months after it was born. So I’m not one of the originals but I’m one of the few from years ago who’s been devoted to the game for the entire time since. Many of the names Lucrayzor mentioned above left during the first year, certainly by the second year. Buckingham was a notable face for quite a while but even he left more than two years ago now. The playerbase is always changing with time.

1 Like

Whoa. Two mod replies within 30 minutes on the forum. Thanks a lot, everyone

1 Like

I just did some investigation for you. Kookaburra was with the forum for two years only, during 2013-2015. It looks like he was back in Hunter Island days and he never transitioned to Neo Monsters (the last activity is literally at the release of Neo Monsters).

Ashley was around for 2.5 years, same kind of timing. He quit shortly after the release of Neo Monsters.

You maybe knew this stuff already… but since you were asking after these guys I can confirm they stopped at the “end” of Hunter Island.

1 Like

oh ye I forgot to mention I played hunter island and got all the monsters in dragon island blue but I only started reading the forum in 2016

1 Like

Thanks for the fast replies

1 Like

I believe Ashley was there till March 2018 and later. Not an old user but I saw her account and she recieved ‘Autobiographer’ badge in march’18

1 Like

Thanks. Always appreciate new information.

1 Like

Although, looking back, her bio says that she occasionally mods on the forum, but she hadn’t posted for months when she got the badge.

1 Like

Strange. Probably a glitch like her <1m of read time

1 Like

This forum is bad at saving old data

1 Like

That time only counts since the start of the new forum.

@X_CHEEMA_X That “autobiographer” badge was only added to Discourse (this forum) in March 2018 and was retroactively granted to anyone who already added a bio and profile picture. That’s why Ashley has it… not because they’ve actually logged in.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense

1 Like