Devs, please review the Chronozeros evolution process.

After struggling to get Chronozeros on my new account, I came to the realization that the requirements to get this rather average monster are preposterous. Chronozeros isn’t very strong to begin with and with the new hatch system, new players will probably get stronger monsters from eggs before even getting their hands on him. How I see it, he should be quite quickly available for new players to facilitate their progression a little bit at the very start of the game. Maybe in the past, a grind of this magnitude was justifiable but comparing him to other monsters today, it feels totally pointless to even bother going through the ordeal.

First I will list possible counter arguments.

1. It’s a free legendary, it should be rather hard to obtain.
  2. You can pot him easily to +9 with SE pots, +9 Legendary for free is great!
  3. He has stun immunity and Faststrike with Bloodthirst, quite a strong combination with a high possible damage output. He can even summon the guardians to the end of the team, generating throw food. And this move would possibly be really strong against newcomers.

Now I will list all the requirements for obtaining him.

1. 4 Moaliths, which can take more than 12 weeks to farm through guardians of the statue. At the start you might not even be strong enough to beat the battles. I don’t remember if one is required to unlock Chronozeros’ SS. On top of that, you will lose all your SE Guardians and will need to wait 12 more weeks to re-evolve them.
  2. 4 of EACH Epic starters. As you can do only 1 guardian beast battle a day with 60% (why???) success rate this whole ordeal will take 16 days at the very least! And too bad if you get unlucky, you might need to spend double the days which is more than likely to happen.
  3. Heaps of elemental ingredients and on top of that, over 400 training points and more than 1,800,000 Silver for a Chronozeros with SS unlocked.
  4. The starskies, which you get during a period of 50 days if I remember correctly.
  5. You need to complete the Chronox quest to even obtain Chronox which is already rather high in ticket consumption and has a success percentage as well.

I hope I didn’t forget anything. Now, to me this sounds like an AWFUL lot more than enough trouble to go through to evolve this legendary, as players tend to have other monsters and events to focus on as well while trying to evolve this guy. I personally can’t see anymore why obtaining him needs to be as restricted as it currently is. If you ask me, there’s no point in extending the time it takes to evolve him beyond 50 days. For me, 20 days would be more reasonable, as he really isn’t that strong! What is most likely to happen is that most players will never bother to get him as the level of requirements do not meet the reward.

I think the step of needing 4 SE Guardian beasts to evolve Chronozeros should be removed, as it might also cause confusion as far as potions and bonuses are concerned. Obtaining the 4 SE Guardian beasts is a hard enough task by itself and to be honest, Wolfrozor and Galvbane are in most situations better than Chronozeros…

Thoughts from other players are also appreciated!

2 Likes

Just make his TU lower and give him a good speed

5 Likes

I like the evolution requiremements, it gives new players something to look forward to.

Instead I’d give him a small power buff (speed seems like a good idea), mostly because otherwise after you finally evolve him you realize he’s actually kinda meh. Also the starters are better for the most part, which is kinda weird since you need to give them up to get him.

2 Likes

or you forget it, I don’t even evolve. why? because when I didn’t have it I found the skill set to be very useful but when I achieved it I had enough power and didn’t need it anymore

1 Like

Keep in mind that he’s a free legend, which is an extreme rarity in this game. The pupas hardly count imo, leaving Nox as the only other option. He’s much easier to get overall and can pack a punch in link shadow fronts, but for beginners he’s honestly nearly worthless. Chrono is hardly a juggernaut in pvp, but for newbies, in stark contrast to Nox, Chrono can be a lot more effective in the sort of environment where everything’s not nearly as calculated, and the luxury of being able to spend most of your turns being able to kill something can be highly valuable if your luck in hatching other legends is running dry… so honestly, for the amount of benefit he brings to the table, the trial in obtaining him is rather justified. And it IS optional, bear in mind, so people are hardly obliged to put in the effort for him if they already have solid pvp options going.

2 Likes

Lol why do people always complain about things they get for free in this game :joy:

1 Like

Remember that guy who was complaining about getting a free mythic for the anniversary? I forgot who that was lol

2 Likes

Prob some broke boi who will complain if his free $1200 from the government doesn’t come fast enough :joy:

I recognise all the points. However, I have a hard time to accept he is worth a six month grind (keeping in mind the SE guardians need to be evolved again). Also, good thing you brought up Noxdragon. He’s so much easier to obtain than Chronozeros, a free legend and arguably as good or even better!

In other similar games (such as Langrisser M) you can obtain a free SSR (which is really useful) in about a week. I simply don’t feel Chronozeros is a good enough reward for 3 months of time, all the ingredients and silver, but still would like that people would have a better chance of trying him out.

Honestly mate I would rather buy him than spend 6 months recovering and grinding…

2 Likes

For all the veteran players, like this post if you find the irony of people wanting Chronozeros to get a speed buff in 2020 to be hilarious.

2 Likes

Yeah, pre nerf chrono would be genuinely balanced at this point lol. APs would mess him up hard, and there’s honestly far more egregious stuff anyway lol. The nerf was indubitably necessary at the time though.

I’d be totally down for at least a partial return of the original chrono, may be quite fun.

1 Like

I haven’t bothered to get him after three years lol. Unnerfing it would be cool tho

1 Like

All this game does is nerfing.My heart broke when they Nerferd MEGALODRAGON

You gotta admit he was damn powerful. Although sonic strike is a lot more restrictive than fast strike, it’s essentially identical in function. And no monster with that move has had anywhere near this much speed, not mention he has an easy answer against protectors that normal faststrikers don’t.

1 Like

megalodragon is still used pretty often so that goes to show how powerful it was before since ppl are still using it after it was weakened.

Where I disagree is your use of the term “grind”. There’s very little actual grinding at all, just patience needed. Chronozeros is a great monster to work towards over time and gives people something to look forward to. I don’t think people need it any sooner.

In the future we’ll probably have a couple more free legendaries for everyone. If each takes a bit of time to unlock that’s a lot better than them getting dumped on a person only, say, two weeks into the game and them being way stronger than the other monsters they’ve been playing with.

Chronozeros is great for new players and you can still get the 2nd form very quickly which is a good sweeper in the early stages of the game.

Instead of speed give final form of guardians . I was depressed after use all resources to full upgrade him and spend extra resources for open its hidden skill and see Epic form of Guardians :expressionless: instead make it ban in pvp if you are worry its would be over power! In this state it’s not really useable to help new comers (like me) to go forward in story line .

I think that it would help if they made it easier to get the super epic forms and chronozeros because since the super epic variants are actually better than fusing all of them into one legendary, it would take over half a year to get it and by then you should have better monsters anyways.

He could do a skip and get a kill which was nerfed. I really Killed many scorp just my skipping a single turn which was fun.

Actually if Chronozeros SS summoned the SE versions, that would be quite the buff, imagine how OP a double Galvbane endgame would be

6 Likes