Comprehensive guide to PvP - by eddSter

Winvoster has got kami already if I recall correctly :stuck_out_tongue:

You do know that Siesta is NEVER certain, right? You’d be correct in your assumptions if siesta always put every arkadion to sleep successfully. However, that’s clearly not the case. Siesta’s success is not guaranteed. It was possible that I’d put everything of mine to sleep, leaving everything of yours awake. It was a gamble. It was situational. I was lucky (unlike the rest of the day). BAs are no different. Daydream is no different. Roullette is no different. Scramble is no different. Risky Heal is no different.

The difference that you apparently cannot see is that unlike permastun, siesta is NOT permanent OR guaranteed, as it’s completely random. NOTHING is ensured when using that. It was the optimal course of action at the time, and I will use it if it makes logical sense. And the opponent CAN do something about it. It’s really not that hard to counter, depending on the situation. And like I said, it’s entirely possible that the siesta can backfire. 

I understand your frustration as well as your perspective. I have provided you with my counter argument. Whether or not you’d like to accept it, counter it (in a civilized manner, of course), or ignore it is completely up to you. It matters little to me. I’ve been PvPing since day 1 of Hunter Island, and I’ll continue on with my beliefs that I’ve set for myself in the beginning.

Best of luck, and good night to you.

Siesta is not 100% guaranteed but it has a high % that it will occur. EVEN if it sleeps your own arks and opponent (meaning it sleeps all arks), it doesn’t matter as long as you pair it with the fastest ark in the game. Because that will mean that you will ALWAYS get to hit first. Your arks A B C will always be the first three to hit, whereas your opponents will always be the last 3 arks to act. Imagine siesta. Kill 3 arks. Siesta. Kill 3 arks. Rinse and repeat. Obviously it is not guarantee win, but nothing is. But it definitely gives you the edge 9/10 times.

This is my perspective of this and you have yours, which is fine. Keep using it, as nothing will stop you from using it.

Imagine siesta. Kill ONE ark at a time, unless you’ve got several dragons. Then you can knockback, sendback, siesta yourself, get rid of the problem, use a nice passive, stun skin. There are many ways to deal with it. And the fastest arkadions in the game are all fragile. VERY fragile

But two can play at that game…imagine Risky heal. kill three arks, take damage…heal…kill…take damage…heal…kill…take damage…heal…kill…take damage…heal.

It is…what, 60% chance of survival? That’s actually pretty high. And we don’t know the official % for siesta anyways, iirc. Besides that unsupported statement, you completely neglected the “something escapes siesta” argument.

Whatever. I was doing well for weeks before Mossgolem even existed. I hardly used it up until quite recently anyways. The next time I battle you, I won’t use siesta…if that makes you happy. I don’t need it… But know that PVP is mostly luck. Risky heal, scorpion placement, mine placement, BA…and siesta. Don’t get all upset over it. 

That’s why I said it’s not a guarantee win because of many factors (such as stun, counter ark (which I won’t mention names or skills), passives). But still, it is unbalanced mechanically and therefore abusive.

BTW, risky heal has lower % than siesta, even though it doesn’t say it. I’m sure with your experience, or anybody else that have the two arks can say this just with experience.

But again, this is MY opinion and you have yours. You do not have to justify you using this line-up any further. You think it is fair, so you are entitle to use it as much as you want. Have fun using it.

Cheers.

I’d like to try to get you to see my point, as I have yours. There is more than simply acknowledging the existence of another’s perspective. It is the acknowledgement of the perspective itself. This may be the debater in me coming out, but still…

Now then…It’s still an assumption, friend. Regardless, that wasn’t the point. The point is that it’s a percentage, and not guaranteed. We’ve both agreed that CharcaStun is very abusive. Yet even when Charca is paired with Stego, Kami, and hasters, it’s easy to crush their teams if you have a good strategy. The same thing goes for siesta. It’s possible to counter. I’m not going to release it just yet, but it’s possible. And OM arks will make the job even easier. The point is, it’s not broken because it’s possible to counter.

Figure it out if you’d like. Charca Stun was figured out, and now hardly anyone should ever lose to a Charca user. The same should be said about Siesta counters. You just need to know what to do.

Right back at you, mate. Good debate, t’was interesting…passed the time, sorta. More than I can say for other things, I can tell ya that.

Agreed. Everything has a counter and I see your point. Your strategy also has a counter, and it is not really hard to figure out once the opponent has experience and has seen that line up before. But it is still very strong which should win 9/10 times easily, simply because of its mechanics.

I’m not arguing it is invisible. I’m arguing that 90% of the time it leaves the opponent helpless for a few turns, where he/she could lose many arks before given the chance to ark.

I’m not releasing your strat, it’s up to you to do it. It’s yours. Which is why I didn’t want to give any specific examples or names of the arks you used. People could guess, but they won’t know for certain. I’m assuming you haven’t published it yet, but I could be wrong.

Good nites tibs. Gotta work tmr

Right. But it’s up to the devs if they wanna nerf or buff. In my opinion, nothing needs adjusting, with the exception of Hydrablazer and Mysticbane. Everything else is fine. I follow a philosophy similar to…err…“a strategy is a strategy…period. It’s your job to figure out how to beat it, no matter how hard it may seem.”

Know what I mean? But yeah, I get what you’re saying.

And I don’t mind. Lol. I was actually planning on releasing it in a Tib’s Favorites section. Lol. Later, though. WAY too tired. 

Ah, I hear ya. I’ve got a full schedule tomorrow as well. Ain’t life just a peach? Hmph.

Well, rest is indeed important. I just hope I’ll be able to wake up tomorrow morning. G’night.

@jassnology - nah not yet. Hopefully within a month from now :frowning:

@Eddster & Tib - correct me if I’m wrong. When you use siesta and assuming all arks are put to sleep. Since every arks will sleep for the same amount of TUs that theoretically should put all arks back to the same position before using Siesta unless Arks are put behind the others because they skip their turns…

@sapcez52 - the way I use SS are as follow

1 Scape goat stun skin arks but I rarely use it as my line up don’t start with SS and stun skin arks

2 SS + buff like those of chopper bug & Halopad. Make it incredibly hard to kill

3 my favourite - scape goat ark that is put to sleep by Kami. Your ark will be waken up and will still be invincible for another attack :slight_smile:

@Winvestor: no, that’s not how it works. It depends on TU and how fast the ark is.

In the description is says puts all arks to sleep for 125 tu, therefore, if an ark is put to sleep then it wakes up 125 Tu later. Mossgolem isnt the fastest ark, and in what I’ve seen, it always wakes up first because its the one that casted it…

Mossgolem is not the fastest ark but it always is one of the first 3 arks

Lyrux - It also depends on placement - how many TUs each ark has, and where it is on the “board.” There are a lot of variables that go into play, which is why siesta is so hard to understand for newbies…hence, why you don’t see everyone running around  with SiestaBash instead of CharcaStun. People will copy easy and effective strategies, not ones that are variable and require knowledge.

If you play it right, Destructor will awaken first. IF you play it right. And even then, it’s risky. And that’s where the facts end, and you get into varying opinions.

I’m so glad Vortrex is hitting the PvP scene, cause its going to discourage the stun teams. Placing stunners to the end of the lineup will be a hard hit to recover from. 

I love the fact that it counter stun teams and SS but I hate the fact that because of BAs… it can get to knock back more than 3 arks… knocking back 6… 9 arks… kills any strategy in PvP

Well enough knock backs and your actually HELPING the opponent get back to where he was to begin with. I find it IDEAL to knock back arks that are strong in front like stunners/stun skins. Or it can be used to opportunististically to separate the lovers: Stegospike and charc. My winning blueprint for this week, and seems like each OM is going to change the meta, is to seize control early, with a high powered front, that if knocked back will acually set up my control strategy. I have Vortexor placed at the 5 spot so I’ll be likely to counter-banish. I realize this approach may need refinement but it’s working 3 out of 4 times, so there is much good to be said as well.

Janto, that’s why I mentioned sending back up to 9 arks max. Because sending any arks to the back after that would be very noobish to do. No one with some *smartness* (for a lack of a better word) would send more arks to the back.

About the only times I use Siesta is to recover when my team has been stunned into oblivion or when my team is poissoned.  I love to be poissoned because it makes the poissoned arks immune to siesta allowing SS to go crazy with dreamhunt.  I would like an ark that can poison my own team.

It is amazing how many times my team has been poissoned and then the opponent tries to use daydream.

bvs, very smart!

I would love to see an ark with a passive skill called “Deflect” where it deflects the enemy’s attack back at them maybe 20% of the time. Or even more hardcore, a skill called “Cloak and Dagger” where it has a 30% chance to block an attack on ANY of your arks and counter with a simple attack based on its attack stat.