Comprehensive guide to PvP - by eddSter

I’m not complaining, I have my own technique against this stego/charca combo, but this combo kill the game, because it’s used by a large majority of players in master league (1 of 4 fight

approximately for me…) They no longer seek to find a good strategy since this one can win some fight.

Any combo without using ShadowStalker? Please share I want to know! ^^

It’s not the stunning/BA’s that Stego gets that I think makes it OP. I think that it should cost more TU, say, 225 (a simply little higher fraction of the TU it stuns for). That’d make a HUGE difference in the gameplay, in my opinion, even when hasted. This way, it’d still cost 140 TU when hasted (or 141, depending how it rounds). 15 (16) TU may not seem like a lot, but over the course of several turns, it certainly builds up.

If you guys want to talk about OP arks what about Kamiwyrm? Thats a pretty OP ark but I don’t see people complaining about it.

Stego by itself is not OP.

Stego + haste + BA = OP … especially with how often stego gets BAs…

Anyways, I think we should end the discussion about stego imbalance or balance in this thread :slight_smile:

I guess it’s because not many people are abusing on it nor does many people even have it lol

Kami is fairly balanced. You cant damage the stasis ark until it wakes up and even then, you have to wait a turn. Its really good for stopping a scramble or stasis on gremknight.

Kami can be OP because of how hard it is to get! All you need to do is time an egg to get stegos! And besides if someone earned kami they would have probably kicked your butt without it so why not let them make it faster haha

Thats not necessarily true. You just need A LOT of free time to PVP. You dont really need to win all your battles and you can simply swap diamonds with friends here using the chat.
So there is not really any hard work involved beside times. Its like someone bragging they got all 4 dragons farming. Thats does not require any skill, just free time.

Since you mentioned that stego is easy to get, you just have to time eggs, not everyone can time, so for some people would be easier to get kamiwyrm than a specific monster.

Not complaining about Kami though. Just mentioned that I dont understand why the complaints against some arks and not the others.

I have faced Kami plenty of times, and I can say it is not OP. It is a 12 star ark, so it should be the strongest available ark right now.

I remind you guys that this is a thread _ NOT _ made to talk about balance about stego or kami. Please leave that discussion to another thread. Thanks!

Great post eddster:)

I would like to add the followings:

1 know the moves of each arks. For example, if you have barry and Omega while your opponents has arks that only have magical damage AOE. You can No guard your Omega and attack them. When I use No Guard and I lost my Barry, I sometimes see players use magical damage to attack my Omega, which will still have normal Magical defense

2 know the defense of each arks. For example, Necrodrake has high Physical defense (1551) but low Magical defense (1047), so you get more damage attacking him with Magical moves.

3 know which ark to kill first using which ark you own, my starting line up has gear wolf. I know that it can 100% xenofang OHKO to Gremknight but if the opponent scapegoat chopper bug, it will be roughly 70-80% OHKO with chain claw. Gear wolf can also OHKO Chillqueen. I use him knowing that many pp will start with SS or Luxknight but I think the risk/return tradeoff is acceptable :slight_smile:

I think gearwolf is more of a 40% kill gremknight with chain claw…in my experience.

Winverstor’s post is pretty good. Thumbs up man.

By the way, over the last few days I have encountered 3 different people using my line up… and I have to say that you are all using it wrong. I beat all 3 without using my last 3 arks. I have to say that this line up I have built, is not an easy line up to use. There is not much fire-power (because I lack really good arks). I also encountered another line-up exactly like mine except they replaced Plasma for Gearwolf… good choice… I’d consider gearwolf an upgrade but not by much.

If anyone wants a line up advice or what arks to replace with in the line up, you can post here. I’ll help regularly.

I should probably update my current line-up since I have added Scorpionix and Osiriswyrm. And taken out 2 of my oldest arks in my various line ups. It sucks that we only have 15 slots :frowning:

Sucks to take out arks that you have used for a very long time. Benching them is hard, especially because they have given you so many wins!

Accidentally locked it

My bad.

But it’s pinned

Just got your “friend request” on gamecenter. Not really happy with the tone, as it’s bordering on offensive in my eyes.

It’s not abuse, hmm? It’s a legitimate strategy. Siesta was made for recovery.

Sorry if this is the wrong person, but the ID had “eddSter” in it, so…

Regardless, there’s no need to be sore about it. I have my share of matches that outrage me, but I always see it through until the end, even if it ends in a pathetic loss on my part.

Siesta is indeed one of the most annoying skills that I faced, especially when opponent’s moss keep using it and after like two minutes he finally got a lucky one that all of his arks are miss… That makes me want to throw my phone to the war :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that mossgolem can be annoying when used as a desperation weapon by constantly using it hoping for a good outcome. But it is a legitimate defense to recover from stun or stasis.

eddStar - this is supposed to be a comprehensive guide to pvp. You still haven’t described strategies for using my kami. :slight_smile:

@Tiberius: The ‘strategy’ you used is abusing in MY opinion. Using mossgolem siesta or SS’s is fine if it is a desperation move. That’s totally understandable. With those 3 arks that you use you use siesta and everytime your 3 arks will get the chance to attack first. Taking out 9 of my arks without me doing a move. Just because you use siesta and the fastest ark available, you ensure you get to attack first. That in MY eyes is just as abusive as the stego/charca stun team, because just like that one… your opponent can’t do anything about it. I see no difference.

@bvs72, I myself don’t have kami and I can’t say that of all people I have battle, any of them have obtained it legitimately except for yourself, Nick and Tajid. The next two legit people that are gonna obtain kami are probably Winvestor and myself (out of the top 15 PvP record). Once I get my hands on Kami, I will write something about it. Right now, a lot of hackers have kami and _ SUCK _ with it.

Eddster, do you have any advice for using Shadowstalker effectively? I see a lot of people talking about its power but I just can’t seem to get the most out of mine. Any ark combos (that aren’t pure evil, I don’t want to piss people off) would be appreciated!