Hi all, I have decided to post a guide to PvP that even dummies can follow. I really love this game. So, I want to improve the overall PvP quality in this game. I personally enjoy long battles that requires player’s skill - and yes, I despise stego/charca users. So without further adieu, here is the things you guys should be looking for in PvP.
The reason I’m posting guide: Too often I see people with far better arks than me in PvP and they lose to me too easily. If we had equal level of understanding in the game, I should lose 100% of the time to these people. Why? Simply, because my arks are weaker and therefore SHOULD lose.
1. Understand the TU: If your opponent has 3 monsters A B and C and C has a TU of 300 and the others are somewhere in the 100, then you should kill monsters A and B. C is not an immediate threat to you, since it won’t be attacking soon. However, there will be some cases where you might want to kill C. Ie. A = chopperbug that has already scramble, B = halopard and C = Omega. There are many other cases that you have to consider, but you should get the idea with this.
2. Know the arks: make sure you know the TYPE of the arks, so you can use bane skills effectively. Countering arks is the key to ONE SHOT your opponent arks. Ie. Vegicat = beast and Snowja = humanoid. Also make sure you know the arks’ passives. Ie. Raioh = stunskin.
3. Plan a strategy: a strategy can only take you so far, simply because it is limited to the arks you currently have. Therefore plan a strategy with your best arks (best doesn’t mean most powerful arks) that have some kind of synergy together. Plan a strategy that COULD potentially counter your opponent’s strategy. Make sure you use SUPPORT arks, support arks will decide weather you win or lose a battle, most of the time.
My list of some current OP arks that if you have, you MUST use (1: being the most OP):
1. Shadowstalker (SS): a smart player using scapegoat is very hard to defeat. Specially with an ark giving defense boost. ie. the famous team of chopperbug + SS
2. Stego: Stego + hasters is REALLY annoying. A smart user should be able to kill at least 3 to 4 arks before you can get to kill his/her stego. ie. stego + gremknight.
3. MineSpider (MS): suiciding 1 ark for 3. The math is pretty good. Make sure it appears after they are stunned or after a tank. ie. they kill chopperbug and MS is next.
In my opinion, you must have at least three of these support arks in your line-up (especially because they are easy to catch):
1. Chopperbug : scramble is PRETTY good. Bolster is a good skill as well. Its stun skin is amazing. Timestrike a water type is not too shabby.
2. Gremknight: Knockback and haste are incredibly strong. Stun skin + timestrike are bonuses.
3. Halopard: my favourite support ark. Reinforce + haste + offering. It doesn’t get any better than that… oh wait… it does… it has brilliance skill, which can help you kill some shadow arks.
4. Raioh: haste + stunskin + stun gift. Amazing skills. Raioh is much better in any situation compared to its ‘upgrade’ Raijin. It also has ally spark which is pretty strong when you have other wind arks next to Raioh.
5. Knighthawk: Much like halopard, except it doesn’t have offering. But it has wanebreak which lower 2 opponent arks defenses + guardian. It is a pretty good support, if used smart.
Honourable mentions: Pegasion (I really love pegasion), Luxknight, Angelon, Kentucky and Snowtag.
My Various line-ups since day 1 to now:
I was very hesitant to make my current line-up public simply because I didn’t want to face my own team in PvP. Specially because it is rather unique and I wanted to keep it that way. I have NEVER seen anyone open a line-up like me in my +1500 games of PvP, except ONE player. Also, my end-line-up is unique and I have never seen anyone use it. I don’t want people to copy me, but what the heck, I will make it public anyways for educational purposes. On a side note, my line up has been constantly changing, and yours should be too. Everytime I get a better ark, then I upgrade my line up. As of right now, I don’t own a SS, stego, destructor, mossgolem or minespider, so my line up would definitely change if I had them. So, if you are like me and you don’t have these VERY strong arks, I suggest you to look at mine.
March 3rd (EDIT): Took out my line up for now because I have obtained better arks after I created this thread.
I was in Masters with a team of non-OM arks for a very long time. It is quite possible and rather easy, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t even have an OM ark, you CAN be in masters and beat dummies with better arks than you - I have beaten teams where my opponent had Kami (check my thread out: http://www.hunterislandforum.com/index.php/topic/2076-kami-on-pvp-not-rare/#entry26645). I started doing OM missions when golderhorn was being given out. I believe it was week 7. I have to say that once I got golderhorn, I was REALLY happy. Golderhorn made a HUGE different in my line up back then (obviously I used it differently). And I instantly improved my winrate. Then I got pegasion and snowja, both which I used for a period of time. Not a fan of snowja at the moment, but pegasion… I really love - its send back ability is really good, just got to use it very smart. I just took it out of my line-up when I got vegicat (I got the diamonds for vegicat today… in a 38 win-streak once I started using vegicat https://imageshack.com/i/gh61sgp). I also used luxknight for the longest time ever, I recently took it out of my line up because I got better arks to put in my line up. Luxknight is amazing simply because it can tank + one-shot any shadow ark. I won’t go into detail about my current line up, because it can be played in MANY different ways.
I strongly believe that a team with SS has a REALLY good advantage over a team that doesn’t have it. So if a team beats you when they have a SS, they are supposed to beat you. So, really… don’t feel bad. I feel really good when I beat teams that have SS + Mossgolem. I feel even better if they have destructor + minespider. And I feel even much better if I beat abusers using the stego/charca team. Oh yeah… it also feels good when you beat people using Kami.
My personal tips, aside from the ones already given:
1.Don Penguini: Take him out of your line up once you have better arks. In all honesty, the Don is not really good vs players that know what they are doing.
2. Arkwing + haste is really STRONG. His tail wish will take out many arks if used smart. I think anyone has Arkwing at this point, which is why I’m talking about this ark.
3. Starters: Tremorback + Dreadwolf are bad for PvP.
4. Puffoxin: not really as good as you think.
5. Metallodious: sometimes you will use watervoid, even when you don’t need the water protection. You are doing it to get an ark out and be able to use its skills before being hit.
6. Shadow arks: don’t use too many in your team. Holy arks are very popular in PvP (at least in Masters). Quite ironic I say this… because in my line up I don’t have a single shadow ark hitter except for my Angelon. In masters, I think 90% of players have SS. So, be careful using shadow arks.
7. Orcow + Skullwraith : Only use it if you have a SS and you are 100% you can use this combo. Otherwise take this out of your line up.
8. Don’t group similar types of arks together. Unless you know what you are doing and why you are doing it and if you have a counter for their counter.
9. Halopard: if you can only use one skill before it dies, in most cases I would use reinforce over haste. It really depends on the situation. Think smart.
I will add more if I remember more.
Hope this guide helps dummies and master players alike. I hope that the quality of public PvP improves.
Feel free to ask any questions or advices here.