Change odds of rare egg

Hey devs can you raise the odds of getting a legendary in the rare egg. I know everyone gets SE dupes but given i have only 11 hatched legends and less than half the SE roster in said egg is it really reasonable to get 2 SE dupes in a row. Come on. That’s just cruel

40% is really quite nice. However, my brother is on 6 SEs in a row (or more) which is a bit frustrating. 2-3 in a row is fair enough but when it’s more it disappoints players.

I think the place to improve the rare egg isn’t to increase the chance from 40%, that’s good enough already. What should be done is add a counter so if 4 SEs are got in a row from the rare egg then the next one is guaranteed legendary. That removes the 7.8% chance of getting 5+ SEs in a row. With a minimum of one legendary every 5 rare eggs it should keep everyone happy.

The numbers for anyone interested. From 5 rare eggs the chances are:
5 leg, 0 SE = 1%
4 leg, 1 SE = 7.7%
3 leg, 2 SE = 23%
2 leg, 3 SE = 34.6%
1 leg, 4 SE = 26%
0 leg, 5 SE = 7.8%
Making the last case give a legendary guaranteed increases the average from 2 to 2.08, an equivalent change from 40% to 41.56% but helping where it matters.

2 Likes

When i started the game i had 6 legendaries from eare eggs in a row, and now you telling is less then 1%? :fearful: miss those days :joy:

Anyway i think the odds are fine, if anything add a pity timer like others asked for before.

Haha yeah you were extremely lucky back then! A pity timer is literally exactly what I just asked for (I’m saying because people often seem to use the term pity timer to talk about getting a non-dupe, which is not what it is).

look whatever happens the hatching system aint improving. deal with it or complain. your choice. devs don’t care either way

That’s my third SE dupe in a row. I’m note am joking its actually more likely to get a legend from a single egg. I got 2 out of 6 single hatches I did on my second account as legends. And 6 legends out of 4 10 packs today. And yet still nothing from the gold egg. Come on mate