Can We Talk About Turbotusk?

This is the newest monster being featured as a reward for Ultimate Challenge and I gotta say, I couldn’t really ask for more, especially from a Super Epic.

Speed and Attack leave a bit to be desired, but the moveset backs it up quite nicely without mattering too much. Passives first.

Frontline Shield - Grants the user a shield if used in the FL of your team.
Off the bat, amazingly niche effect, but shows that the desired area for this guy is in the front of the team.

Thundering Shield Thingy - Absorbs all stun effects, and when stunned past 400s, it sacrifices itself and applies a shield to all teammates.
Just wow… What an ability. Thundering Rebirth on that Sturgeon is great, but this ability is on a SE. Just wow.

Moveset in general -

True Hit, Fast strike, 200s Double Bomb and Give Turn.

They have essentially made a monster that cannot be dead weight. Give Turn is the last resort if you have not targets for True Hit or Fast strike, which is great because it further supports your FL this way. True Hit deals with the Skeleviathan FLs and some of the more oppressive AP Spam tactics early on and Fast strike, while I don’t necessarily feel it will one shot anything major, is still a nice move to be able to fall back on. 200s double bomb, lol, Doomengine is sooooo upset and jelly right now hahaha. Poor legend.

All in all, I think this is a fantastic monster design, and I definitely see it being used in PvP by new players and maybe even veterans. Discuss.

2 Likes

i dont wanna

9 Likes

Yeah don’t tell me what to do

10 Likes

its to 29 speed. its to slow.

there is simply better stuns abs for fl

and the moveset of truehit is more useable on fast mons so you can remove whatever the APs are there to protect

i dont see him as very workable could be fun in PVE but for PVP i have no faith in him being workable by veterans as there are far better options

1 Like

I respectfully disagree a bit. The 29 speed definitely is terrible, but then again having that slower speed stat will help this monster catch super speedy mons like Megalo, Scarleguard and some others after they use a move with Fast strike.

I agree it’s not the best Stun Absorber out there, but for 10 cost I feel it’s pretty good having a diverse moveset and having a shield in starting the battle, practically guaranteeing it to get off one of it’s moves or forcing the opponent to deal with it.

i mean sure it will catch the faster monsters of guard with fast strike as they will move about 80 seconds before this monster

and tbh having 80 seconds to deal with a monster is more than enough time if you run something he threatens

and if it threatens nothing with its measily 2k attack i dont see it doing much to anything unless the monster it targets is at 10 secs or less to get a turn

what i wanna see is a stun abs with the passive unmovable that would make for a new dope fl mon as hogs suck

2 Likes

@GMagic dont listen to this. It’s a trap!! Prepare for the Tusk!

1 Like

FFS LEMON

1 Like

:rofl:

I know your game! Tusk and Purpie

1 Like

yeah but you dont have to give away my plans to @GMagic

We just can expect there would be another deer smash monster that negate revenge effect more often

Cannot at the moment. I’m speeding in front of my local elementary school. Maybe later today

2 Likes

Too late :smiling_imp: I just hope y’all are prepared for the frontline Moku coming your way

2 Likes

Why is the word “turbo” in his name and he has 29 speed?

12 Likes

I used to run that :joy:

Ok I’m back

True Hit has one of the highest damage multipliers among all moves. Even on a Superepic it will still deal tons of damage

He’s very fast by walrus standards

6 Likes

I meant more as far as Fast strike goes lol but yeah True Hit is great. I think this guy will be a sleeper to watch out for.

Can we talk about why stats and moveset are not been shared? :thinking:

Looks like a really nice SE. Very happy to see it come to the game! Nothing too overpowered but, as LuckDragon points out very well, it’s got really nice options (particularly give turn). In practice, it should do some decent enough stuff then either be killed (taking two hits because of the shield), stunned (it shields the team) or it will sacrifice itself to kill two enemies. Chrono weakness does make it less good if you want stun protection that’s very hard to kill, but the shield should do a good enough job of making it take effort to get rid of. At least, enough effort you feel like you’ve got value out of this super epic.

3 Likes

Sorry @DonT89 I thought I had put the pics up. OP has been updated.