Best rock in the ticket store?

I currently have six 6* tickets, and am finally at the point where I’m genuinely not interested in spending it on any of the available Legendary monsters in the store.

So, here’s my question:
In your opinion, which is the best low-cost monster in the exchange shop?

Currently I’m thinking of Meatoid, since the effect is reliable and the cost is extremely low; in a lot of ways at high levels I imagine he will be more useful than even clioseraph. Spookoid feels like a gamble at only 30% chance of doing anything, and Musashoid is almost a guranteed kill but the 7 cost gives me pause. The other rocks don’t seem worthwhile unless I am missing something.

However, I have never used any of the 4* and 5* offerings (and I don’t know how they are generally used), and so I have no idea if any are worthwhile. I already own most of the classically handy 5* mons in the standard egg pool (Scarleguard, Shieldragon, Dreadmoth, Armadiator, Vulpink, Djinzar, Lordstag, etc) so I am guessing that most of the ones available will cover a niche which I do not really need covered.

ANYWAY all thoughts are useful. I got a Bomboid a while back because I misread the effect and thought it only damaged enemy mons… and then immediately afterwards realized he is patently useless (oh well). So I would really like to avoid wasting half-a-year worth of tickets in one go on something dumb if better options exist.

I love Spookoid for PvE, low cost and can give you a massive advantage when mirroring a buffed opponent.

2 Likes

Personally I like Sherloid and Musashoid. Sherloid can really cause problems and purify is nice.

But Supershell and Gandalfrog are good choices depending on your collection.

1 Like

What is it about sherloid that causes problems? Just because you have to waste a full attack to get rid of him?

best low(ish) cost monster in the shop is aviaronix. unless its been nerfed in the last 5 months.

i find spookoid to be pretty useful with its stealthing the team because lets face it the rockoids are supposed to be support/defence not offense.

i don’t know if lebroid is in the shop yet but if it isn’t i would say wait and get him. very useful monster.

Gandalfrog can be good if you are planning on doing things with charge or mortar.

Mushashoid is just a DR monster. though at a stretch he can be used in poison setups.

i don’t know how storm is faring these days after stun nerfs but bulbieboom used to be a vital part of them. also just a decent stun absorber tbh.

those are the ones i rate highly.

2 Likes

It’s camo can make it difficult to remove and it’s tanker than people expect. Of course if the enemy is charged then it’s an easy kill like any other. Tbh there aren’t many bad choices. Eklypz raises some good points too.

Lebroid is also solid.

2 Likes

Thanks. LeBroid is indeed in the shop, I had the impression after reading his skills that he’d be able to use dunk or rebound once and then be killed.

Pass sounded a little silly since you’re likely to give turn to someone who’s about to get a turn either way. Rebound would be awesome if it shielded the monster with the highest seconds… Anyway, since the two require 170s that seemed like longer than a rock would survive anyway. Have you used Dunk with him during play?

I’m still figuring out how to value low-cost monsters teambuilding-wise… If I replace an SE with this guy, I reduce the cost by 3, so I get to turn on one legend’s SS. If I use Spookoid/meatoid I free up 6/7, which will let me turn on 2 or 3 SSs… Butif LeBroid is more valuable than Spookoid maybe it doesn’t matter.

I think maybe I’m overthinking this, lol.

LeBroid was really fun in Island Challenge. I had two of them and if they passed to each other, they could start dunking really fast. And it’s just so silly when they get 3 kills each xD

1 Like

you would be surprised how often you can use dunk. i regularly do it in PvE and occasionally PvP as well. also pass can be handy sometimes. unlike dunk pass is more handy in PvP where every second counts.

he is a really good rock until he runs out of moves.

1 Like