Basic Questions

So, I’m still relatively new to the game and have some questions I want to ask. I’ll just do them in list format, so here goes.

1. Why is gaiawolf considered so strong (indicated by tier list)? What is the strategy for him?
  2. If I don’t have that many monsters from eggs atm (probably pulled a total of 20 times so far), should I use my 25+ gems now so as to have more monsters for upcoming events or still save them for a festival which could be far away?
  3. For a death roulette frontline, is the strategy to just spam death roulette and pray? Who should I have besides puffoxin, rhynobrawl, and gaiawolf (death revenge + accelerate?)?
  4. Why are sleep/bloodthirst super epics considered so poor (again as indicated by tier list)? As a newbie, I find they are pretty strong once their TDS goes off and they have protection/stun.
  5. In general, how should I focus my ultra-evolutions? Should higher tier monsters be my focus or the ones that I think have the most use? When should I get my starters evolved and maybe even go for 5 star?

That’s about all for now, just some thoughts I’ve built up for a little bit. Thanks for any help!

So, I’m still relatively new to the game and have some questions I want to ask. I’ll just do them in list format, so here goes.

1. Why is gaiawolf considered so strong (indicated by tier list)? What is the strategy for him?
  2. If I don’t have that many monsters from eggs atm (probably pulled a total of 20 times so far), should I use my 25+ gems now so as to have more monsters for upcoming events or still save them for a festival which could be far away?
  3. For a death roulette frontline, is the strategy to just spam death roulette and pray? Who should I have besides puffoxin, rhynobrawl, and gaiawolf (death revenge + accelerate?)?
  4. Why are sleep/bloodthirst super epics considered so poor (again as indicated by tier list)? As a newbie, I find they are pretty strong once their TDS goes off and they have protection/stun.
  5. In general, how should I focus my ultra-evolutions? Should higher tier monsters be my focus or the ones that I think have the most use? When should I get my starters evolved and maybe even go for 5 star?

That’s about all for now, just some thoughts I’ve built up for a little bit. Thanks for any help!

1. Accelerate, deal a bunch of damage, die and take someone with him.

2. Save your gems. Almost all of my eggs have been festivals and I have 4 legends and a dupe. Spent $0.

3.Stick a stun revenger with them.

1. I don’t know of they have been updated. They might have been forgotten.

2. Ultra evolve stuff that fits in your team best.

1- death revenge is good by itself, always 1 for 1, also he has high damage potential with zelaus attack and sustain with life flip… However I don’t remember his ranking but he’s not super amazing… But for a new player he’s pretty good
2- always save for festival (note, festival eggs, not special eggs)
3- pretty much yeah, very luck reliant… Idk about Gaia, if he gets hit by roulette his DR doesn’t go off so it’s wasted… Never used that line up though so don’t really know
4- TDS is pretty hard to set up, and they are pretty squishy… There’s just better options… Of course if you build around them they can work, but there are better strategies… And as you get further into the game his power will decrease significantly
5- if you plan to play for long, don’t waste them on useles monsters an save up… You will benefit in the long term… But it’s gonna make it harder to proceede… Also get the 5 star starter asap since they are very strong… Galvbane is top tier even in high levels, earth one is great for new players… Rexkong is good but only if you set him up… Don’t go for the water starter since his pretty bad

I’m at work so can’t really spend much time on this, but hope I helped a bit

Ok, that makes sense to me. Thank you for the replies! If anyone has any additional thoughts or advice, feel free to let me know :smiley:

Well, I’m gonna share my thoughts on this too :smiley:

1: Pretty much everything with Death Revenge as passive can be considered decent at least. You’re always gonna get some value out of Gaia when he dies, one kill at least. Despite the recoil, Zealous Attack is pretty powerful and he is the fastest user of Accelerate Team in the game. He is not S+ material, but for new players he is fine.

2: Hang on to your gems for festivals always. I have two legends, both obtained on festivals. Also, I believe there will be a new festival in a few days, so wait.

3: Yep, you just pray and that’s it. Other notable Death Revengers are mainly legendaries, Taloknight, Cosmodragon, Nebelronix, Apollorexus…but those are pretty bad legendaries compared to the rest, actually.

4: I personally have Revan and I’ve played with him with poor results. TDS requieres a lot of time to work, and two kills for all that time is good, yes…but it requieres significant support.

5: IMO you should focus on Ultra-evolving your monsters either by how much you need them, or by how much you gain by ultra evolving them. The cost increase is pretty noticeable, so it must be worth it more than just an increase in stats. Useful new moves, passives…this is especially true with legendaries, that jump in cost from 8 to 13.

Hmm, I understand the set-up difficulty for them, but I personally at a lower level have beaten things far beyond what I could do otherwise using his TDS and bloodthirst to swop, supported by stuns and give turn from halowolf. Since I’m getting such good answers, I’ll go ahead and ask a few more if no one minds!
6. My two legendaries are Tiamad and Coalknight. I was using Tiamad, but I don’t have strong poison monsters to support him in addition to poison eater becoming too weak at times. Would it be worth it to ultra evolve the epic octovine to work with Tiamad or should I just save my resources?
7. At lower levels, is it worth it to farm trials and labyrinth to + skyther and Clio and get more starters, or should I wait on that and focus on doing ingredient runs, story missions, and side missions?
8. Do you guys see any good use of Coalknight? He seems really disappointing for a legendary and atm I’m just using him to make throw fodder for a bloodcraver.
9. I have a +1 water epic with stun absorb/protect, and a fire one as well. Is there any point in investing in these when I already have skyther? I guess for assisted line ups, but I don’t have any of those.
10. Does pyrowyrm get a lot stronger eventually? At the moment, his survivor and desperate strikes are pretty weak but I see a lot about how good desperate double can be.
11. I have the epic Glazio which appears to be the same as the water starter. Is there any difference or is he pretty useless?

That’s about it for now, I appreciate all the answers! These are just some thoughts that I’ve been having and figured why not get some help from this great community.

Concerning the Sleep/Bloodthirst super epics. If they are ultra evolved, they get sleep all, so just take a protector, a sleep bomb monster(auto protect guys are great, because they usually take the first hit from a possible twin killer in the opponents starting 4) a purifyer/heal all monster even better with stunning entrance. So, before i continue explaining, i have to add that this works only because of the Way the AI acts in PvE, so its a pretty good strategy for beginners which works really good for me in one of my teams. Nevertheless in PvP a experienced player will absolutely destroy this tactic within seconds, so you probably should not expect too much when youre testing it in pvp :smiley:
Use Protect teammates with the protector (he should have hold ground), attack all with the sleep bomber, TWD with the super epics, sleep the most dangerous monsters for your TWD Monsters (in case you havent ultra evovled them yet and they are only able to sleep one monster) or use sleep all if they are ultra evolved. Pretending youre sleep bomber is still alive, use sleep bomb and purify with the monster after it. Now youre monsters are awake and the opponents team is sleeping. Just skip turn until they die and you have two monsters with charged bloodthirst. Stun revenge or stunning entrance from enemy monsters following afterwards dont matter because your protector has stun absorb.
If there is a twin killer (a monster who has sleep killer and protector killer) he is going to kill your sleep bomber/auto protector first, so your heall all monster is next. 70 seconds later he is going to attack your protector and will put him to hold ground, thats the moment where you heal your protector with the heal all monster. So the twin killer has to start from the beginning. In most cases, thats enough time to put him to sleep.

6- you can of course build around him with other poison monsters, but he already sets up himself with his poison passive, so he can just be a stand alone filler/sweeper withouth any particular set up… just place him in the middle/back of the team with some protectors/give turners… And epic/super epic poison monsters are below average, but in lower levels they are fine I would say
7- +9 Clio is pretty important I would say… I would not spend to much on the protector since you will eventually get a super epic stun absorber and those are much better… Also he doesn’t really need to be plussed to be efficient… Although is always nice. Story mode is pretty important too since it’s the best way to earn xp and gems… Go for the ingridients only when you need them, and once you unlock the pyramid missions do them since they will boost your level pretty fast
8- don’t really know, haven’t used him nor seen anyone use him
9- typing doesn’t really matter much, especially in PVE, so just go for skyter… Also see point 7 about super epic stub absorbers
10- that’s one super epic you should ultra evolve… Desperate double is a great boost, and it can sweep with it and survivor, while also providing support with purify… He’s also very useful in some events both PVE and PvP
11- just as useless xD