Who wins?

Since most of the ppl on the forum have been playing the game for quite sometime and are well aware of setups in the game, I’ve come up with an interesting idea:-

Every 2 days, I’ll post two team setups consisting of 16 monsters each. Your challenge is to guess which team would emerge victorious in a head-to-head battle.(these teams have fought against each other in PvP so you simply have to predict which setup won)
To participate, simply comment with your choice and reasoning behind your decision(if you want to)
Let’s see who among us has the keenest eye for monster matchups and strategy!

(In the match Eornax was left awake in 1v1)

What will u give if my guess is correct?

The greatest prize of all- Bragging Rights about your keen eye for monster strategies :grin:

6 Likes

Who’d you guess won?

If these are battles from your perspective vs someone random then that also requires you + the enemy to have perfect decision making, otherwise any side can win

2 Likes

True, but I don’t think anyone would purposely like to lose, you can see the setup and guess the skill both players have to come to a conclusion! If everyone could play perfectly what would be the fun in guessing!

it was a draw.

First team wins

1 Like

both lose. i will not try to guess when both teams are built very poorly

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you want discussions about a probably played match or just a winner guess?

Who has to play this teams? AI or top PvP players?

I recommend a simple poll if you just want team guesses, else the thread might flood up.

Not everyone has legs and mythics , plus everyone makes deck according to his/her own understanding…it’s just a fun contest to see who can predict winners by looking at lineups.

Eh it was a real match played between 2 players (my friend and other online PvP player) to just engage the community a bit in a fun contest, tho I’ll probably scrap the plan as except exu others are just focusing on how teams are not good or just asking questions instead of looking at the setups. Looks like it’s not intresting to the community tho I found the idea quite unique.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s quite sad actually. Someone comes up with a nice and fun idea but people just purposefully focus on the wrong things. The same thing happened with Lemon’s PvP tip thread. That’s just classic “internet people” -behaviour.

Btw can you reveal which team won at some point? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I see, so I guess team 2 won :muscle:

1 Like

Na keep it going :blush:

Just give people their money back if they’re not happy :joy:

1 Like

it all depends upon decision making and potions. if 1st team didn’t take out the green crystal worms then it would demolish half of team 1. if team 2 didn’t take out scarleguard then it would demolish team 2. if the moji was allowed to live rather than being thrown it would be a game winner and would single handedly take out Moku and Lionheart.

Yeah that’s where the guessing comes to play

Team 1 should thrash team 2.

I’ll name the players (1) and (2). Here’s what happens…

(1) toxic killer Vulcaroth.
(2) waste a killer move with Scarleguard.
(1) Bomb curse+ whatever.
(2) EMP the Chronotitan.
(1) Void counter slash the crystal worm that was in 5th.
(2) Bloodthirst to kill the Chronotitan with green crystal worm (assuming it went ahead of Regalion, otherwise would’ve been bad choice to EMP - if bad RNG here then (2) would have an even more devastating defeat).
(1) Seal the V.D. Zeta. Toxic killer the Tiamazus.

From here you’re looking at (2) stuck with a VD way out of play, a Scarleguard with 0 kills and not targets, a CW with 1 kill not accelerated and no targets. (1) has a Tortogeist set up, a Regalion that will live to do double drain survivor, a charged Scarleguard and a pretty useless CW with 1 kill. Team 2 has no way to come back from this so (1) will simply kill the newly entered monster each time and will even start doing a bunch of drain survivor stuff (Scarleguard or VD Zeta is the second monster to target with Regalion).

Presumably at some point player 2 will manage to kill something but I doubt they could get through more than the first 8 of team 1.

In hindsight, if player 2 knew this is what will happen then they could potentially ignore the Chronotitan and instead focus completely on killing Scarleguard (e.g. terminal virus). That would give them a better chance but it’s basically because they want the bomb curse to kill their useless FL (useless for this matchup).

3 Likes