Who is your favourite monster and why?

It had double survivor, double siphon and siphon was not buffed at that moment

Yeah, as MonkeyDluffy says. Oakthulhu was the same but dual poison siphon was weaker (it had bad damage) and there was no secret skill. It was called “poison siphon” even though it hit two targets because it was the first move which did this. It later got a name change and “single poison siphon” (on the poison fairy) became “poison siphon”.

I think Oakthulhu was quite mediocre before the SS and the damage boost. It was an auto-poison monster that could heal and tank but the healing was small and it didn’t have a lot to offer until 300s had passed. It’s always worked nicely in PvE but since the damage boost it’s become excellent for PvP too.

I hate oak in pvp

4 Likes

I know I’m tough to beat @Xyzencross

3 Likes

Nah not you, your dad oakthulu :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No oaks first release was aoe, single survivor, double siphon and double repulse

That’s the buff. The only thing they did to him after that was siphon damage which I didn’t think it needed but oh well

1 Like

People forget it was buffed 2x

1 Like

You guys are absolutely right, my bad. The Oak buff slipped in during a massive update and I didn’t pay enough attention to it because there was too much going on plus I didn’t have Oak at the time… Update History 07/25/2017

1 Like

Mine is probably one of the flying waifus.

…actually, why not all of them? :thinking:

You need to be back on line -_-
It’s like … About to make Ars… Joke…

1 Like

When I got it from rare, due to its slow speed it was really hard to make it work (no pots as well)
I didn’t know it was single survivor :flushed:
But can’t complain now :ghost:
Well, honestly I was also taken aback by the siphon buff,

Not too keen on being roasted. :joy:

But oh wait… cough Ajax cough :wink:

2 Likes

:neutral_face::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: ohhhh
Clears throat*

It’s about to go down now #publicly :triumph::joy::joy::joy::joy:

The greatest: pulls out meat scepter

1 Like

The first rule of the forum is all threads will eventually be derailed due to buffs or nerfs, one way or another

@Woodward please try to stay on topic. The purpose of this thread is to discuss buffing/nerfing Oakthulu.

If you derail the thread you will be given a warning.

1 Like

Oakthulhu*
If you’re going to mod a thread at least moderate properly :wink:

P.S. On the actual topic of this thread…

Novadrake takes a close 2nd place for me. It offers so much to a team and every time I use stun wave followed by a one-shot timestrike I feel like I’m playing some kind of cheat mode for the game. The relentless attacking would make it fun but add stun wave into the equation and it’s a thing of beauty.

Novadrake is criminally underrated, I think because its poor state at release and it looks like a link shadow AoE spam monster.

3 Likes

Novadrake has to be one of those top tier monster. It’s just crazy in dark team

3 Likes

It’s good outside of one too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hate nova end games a lot more than them in a full dark frontline