Suggestions to the Forum Site

I’m not good at the HTMLs and the CSSs and the Javas…

Well i am! I wrote my own parallax script!

…I totally know what that is…lets us not get off topic again…please…

Point is I wouldn’t mind throwing my time at web developing for these guys.

I was going to say, I’ve had it for awhile now…

IP. Board is written in PHP mainly (while, of course, HTML and CSS to produce what we see here). I’ve run IPB forums for about 7 years now and I can code in PHP. I can offer advice if necessary as well.

Well to be fully honest the first time I cheaked was the day I signed up and bombed you guys on the random discussion page, I look at your tag thing 4 days later: MODDERATOR!!! *well that escalated quickly* then it hit me ( I haven’t been on DIB forums since the HI Facebook started) and I remembered you as a mod there and *facepalm*

It would be nice if we were able to delete our own posts on topics.  I mean if I accidentally post something twice I can’t remove one of them, or maybe if I post something I might simply want to take down.  It would be a nice feature of us users to have.

+1 support because i has double posted by accident 3 or 4 times now…

Might be something they did on purpose because they don´t want to miss anything happening here.

You might have a point…

We can edit our posts, though, which is essentially the same as deleting. You just edit out all the content in the post. Though that doesn’t solve the double posting issue, I only meant that as a response to the idea that the developers block the ability to delete posts so that they can keep track of what we’re doing.

On my forum, I disallow deleting as well but I put a merge feature so that double posts are automatically merged into one. That way the post can be edited and the second copy can be removed.

Another option that I like is allowing members to delete posts but count it as “hidden” from all members except staff, rather than actually deleting it. That way the staff can check it and permanently delete it or restore it.

I’m not sure if their forum provider allows for this but it would be a very welcome feature if doable!

Yes, both of our forums use IPB. I’ve coded quite a few modifications to mine, though.

Well i’ve never used IPB so i wouldn’t know, but i do know php which i assume is what most of it is in, so i might be able to help…

Can we add a new section or subsection entitled “Other Games” so we have a place to talk about them rather than in off topic?

There should be an emoticon to represent waffles since they are spoken about so often on the forum. Maybe connected to (#) is that possible?

If someone makes the icon and the devs feel like sticking it in, it would be pretty easy.

My suggestion is that waffles become spoken about less often. I think it’s somewhat of a turn-off for many people visiting this site.

Well you may be right there Ashley, but they are spoken about a lot less often as they used to be. Besides, as the forum progresses, they will kind of vanish into the days of Internet past. The emoticon being there would be more of a little inside reminder of the beginnings haha