Egg banner artwork!

The Dev team very kindly shared a large collection of their egg banner artwork and said I was free to share it with the rest of the community. Some are even unused images because the featured monsters were changed before the egg was released!

Feel free to use this artwork for YouTube video thumbnails, profile pictures or whatever else you want!

How we’re going to do this is I release them once a week (at the weekend) so we’ll keep this party going for a while. I’m going to start with some old school banners and may release more than one each time.

The banners have each been posted throughout the thread but also added here at the top. For some I have added a small bit of trivia with it so you can find a link to the post next to the image at the top here.

10 Likes

^ For trivia on the four above, check out this post.

^ For discussion of this check out this post and below.

^ For discussion of these check out this post and below.

^ For trivia on this, check out this post.

^ For trivia on this, check out this post.

26 Likes

Placeholder post for future artwork

To start us off, here are four! They come from many years ago in a summertime period where they tried to push these first mortar monsters out onto the community. If I remember correctly, this was when Sarcrosphinx first came out and the “kind of mortars” was a festival, then the other two were to help you pick up the other mortar monsters it supported.

The first image is one where I tested out some editing to remove the annoying grey bit on the side. I think I did a reasonable job, but it was a lot of effort. I’ll be doing it for a few others where I particularly like the art and may use it for something.

1 Like

I’ve changed this thread so it’s now open for discussion. Feel free to leave whatever comments you like! All the egg banners will be added as both a new post in the thread AND posted at the top of the thread.

Here’s another banner. Don’t have much information about this but I do remember that backdrop being used a lot back in the day. What do people think it’s meant to be?

To see all the other banners check out the top of this thread

3 Likes

I really enjoyed the cool but a bit cheesy titles they used to give each featured mon. I understand why they stopped, but I liked them nonetheless. I wonder if the old banners still have them

This week we have another old one. It’s a backdrop we’ve seen loads over the years, used for many of the rock type monsters (as you can see here it was the first time with Bovolcus and Magmarinus). We didn’t see the monster types for a long time but they were there and you can see they were taken into account for banner themes.

4 Likes

This banner background has been used far less I think, which is a shame because I love that star-filled sky look. It’s also one of the few banners where we see the monsters almost interacting in a way, by how they’re positioned.

1 Like

Pass by, :honeybee:

Here we have one of the few banners which is just the background. For that reason I did an editing job to try and remove the bit on the bottom left. This banner also comes from long ago and not sure if we’ve seen it recently. Personally, I think the artwork here is quite basic. It doesn’t have the same technical prowess of the others. Sorry that my editing isn’t perfect. I’d need to literally recreate the style of artwork the artist did and that would take me a long time.

1 Like

This banner was from something they started about 2.5 years into the game… the “PvP all-star” eggs. We didn’t see many of them but I believe this was the first one to kick it off. At the time Delugazar, Penguinator, Cyclozar and Chromera were all among the best things to pick up for PvP and obviously the other two were good for it as well. If I remember correctly, this festival was pretty successful at getting a lot of people these monsters.

4 Likes

I don’t have a whole lot to say about this one. I’m not even sure if this egg ever happened. At the time this probably would’ve been the best two PvE monsters, best PvP protector and one of the best PvP stunners. Sorry for the break in posting these. I’ll go back to once a week now.

4 Likes

Some editing I did for a full mythic featured banner & NPC banner… hahaha

7 Likes

Well… the bottom half looks great!

1 Like

The top one is :star: DIVINE :star:

The whores of the Club vs The correct wives and their husbands :v::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (great edit Bro :fist_right::fist_left:)

1 Like