Disaster is waiting to happen

Guys, I think we’re about to see the next Zibgazer. Maybe not quite that bad, but this needs to be dealt with before the next exhibition. Unown mentioned this strategy, and then when I thought about it I realized that the new upcoming super epic Nectareon is totally broken. Imagine a FL of Leo, aegis, stratus and zib. Zib cannibalizes himself, which brings in nectar, poisons allies, stratus does a one on one, boom. Four on one battle. I don’t see any possible way to stop this, since it’s basically impossible to kill stratus before he gets it off if aegis is there. All I can think is that you just have to hope you’re lucky enough to have it land on your purifier or expendable mon with bane behind it, or hope your own zib(with bane behind it) is faster than theirs. If you think there’s a reasonably doable way to get around it, then by all means, share it. But I just think we need to address this before it sees the light of day in pvp.

The problem I see is the follow up. Yes you can charge double survivor but that’s about it, you can’t really go ham on the enemy team and if they have aegis you can’t even charge leo off them.

Part of the reason zibgazer was so powerful was because it was a relatively compact engine, it only took one slot in the front line meaning you could run some terribly powerful sweepers with all the support that entailed. With this you’re not only forced to basically use one sweeper but to also wait out the sleep before you can even kill anything.

I can see the potential, but it’s just a little too clunky I think. Making it more lethal opens up the stun counters and as it is you don’t get enough value from setting it up imo.

Then again I might be completely wrong and it could be completely busted. But I can guarantee it won’t be anywhere near zibgazer, that much is certain.

1 Like

Its not broken as you think there are ways to counter it.

Such as drako for example with a second purifier.
Zib into this monster and wake up ur team or bane

Don’t forget about OP sleep immune eggsecutioner, the great equalizer

New Flying bug Would be helpful for detox blast lol!

Also, new black hole bug would be helpful in killing Gilgam once and for all, and getting all the monsters. He won’t be able to access his time machine, so awesome

Thats not bad at all lol, 1 on 1 on front is overrated AF, you can still do stuff with the monster that is left awake (which will always be a team turn if you have one), that front is also missing power as buck said, if you kill leo then its weak to stun, there are lots of things you can do, its a powerfull front, but its not broken in any way

Hmmmm. . .

Ziberius
Sanctistag
Goldtail
Stratustrike
Nectareon
Oniblade
Motordragon
Chromera
Armavolt
Stormloch or metatherion
Drakozord Z
Shadowhunter
Lavaronix
Penguinator
Flarevern
Tiamazus

Absolutely terrifying with the instant goldtail setup. That might be even more worrying then Luc’s frontline.
Drakozord isn’t the 1 sided counter to the strategy either. By running drako, you are essentially building your team in such a way that he is either wasting a frontline slot, or he is an essential part of your frontline. By not protecting with him, then you are opening up your frontline to retaliation. Along with the fact that leogeist can just crecendo strike, then ultra thunder to get rid of the stealth. Drakozord Z slows down the strategy, but doesn’t stop it.
the instant sleeplock is totally broken guys. And that linup isn’t waek to stun because of knockback next. Eventually, you will eat through the enemy team so that the stunners are all at the back. Then you go through them with stratustrike and motordragon.

The thing needs addressing ASAP

thank you for building me a new team

Stratus is op before this monster has even been released

Easy stun zard, drako does actually stop some times, if u cang 1 on 1 you are pretty much done, bane exists, deo tk tk can counter it…
Those nectar/stratus fronts are good, yea, but keep in mind everyone will use it and there are lots of counters, this is not even close to a zibgazer, its just another top strategy

i hope thats sarcasm saul :v

Frontline stun doesn’t happen very often in this meta. Stunning entrance doesn’t happen either because of knockback next. So while it has said weakness, it is very mitigatable.

Deo TK TK kills itself on the midgame. Chromera + oniblade + motordragon gains a huge advantage off of it. Motordragon has knockback next as well. So no stunning entrance.

Drakozord doesn’t stop it. Zib ultrawave -> one on one leads to charged stratus. Sanctistag will also get woken up. Leading to fast twin death sentence as well.

Bane exists, but only works a little over half of the time. The other half you get one on oned and hosed. This team can play around bane. Also, it has chromera and motordragon to stop any gains you get from banedragon. If you get it off.

Tridrakhan gets countered by knockback next.

If you think through the team you will realize that it covers almost all the other meta teams. It goes faster than SS, TKTKDeo kills itself on it, bane can be played around, drakozord still doesn’t prevent double survivor. Vs any other team goldtail sleeplocks in the first 100 seconds. Literally nothing they can do about it.

The thing is broken.

Stratus is OP. I agree. It is just miles above any other sweeper in terms of nearly everything.

Lol oops :joy:

No it isn’t sarcasm. One on one that outspeeds most monsters with unlimited self protect at a low tu, stun immune with hold ground and a one second self heal is OP which easily sets up double survivor. He needs altering in some way. Self protect should be one time use. Still keeps him a great monster but at least killable.

Luckily I have already thought of the perfect counter. 4 poison massacres in frontline

yea, your argument is as week as that team :v.
1.knock back next?, look at stag’s speed, also seems like u have never used knock back next lol, people have more than 1 stunner around their team, even if you are able to knock something there will most likely be a stunner close and not like kbn has low tu, even considering the monster is +9 and accelerated, you are also considering that the enemy is just sitting there waiting to get kbned.

2.yey, deo gets countered after half my team is dead, wasnt this the reason u wanted deo nerfed in the firss place?, mid also doesnt seem too strong aside from chrome

3.zib ultra wave, then only stratus is awake and its pretty much the same as a normal stratus front that no one was complaining about

4.again with the mid game argument, you really expect the enemy’s team to be filled with puppies and let u make an easy comeback?, also 50/50 sounds like nice odds to me :v

5.i never mentioned trida, even though he might help make a comeback mid game

1. You are really expecting the enemy’s monster that is left awake to stay there watching?, as i said, one on one front is overrated, unless u hit a TT (so always lmao)

And finally, stratus isnt op, there are ways to kill him, while it can be hard, he can be killed, lets say he charges double survivor, unless the guy has an amazing set up with a TT/GT he kills 4 monsters at most, also killing 2 monsters at a time can screw u over.
If we are talking op there are many better monsters than stratus, geo, chrome, raizen

1. I have seen stag’s speed. You forget the nature of the team. Which is to take control of the fight, then keep control for the rest of the game. +9 KBN has a TU of 137. Which is about as much as a bloodthirst. Only this gives you more control of the game. If the enemy is asleep, then you get to choose when they get to move. Sleeplock is powerful for a reason. If they are asleep, then you can literally just KBN your way through their team. Controlling when and where the stun come in and the effect they will have.

2.last I checked, you will be down 4 monsters, you will have 2 bronzeshells coming next in their team, and oniblade will go off. Meaning you literally control your opponent now.

1. Normal stratus still puts you rediculously far ahead. He needs a nerf.

2. No, I don’t expect an easy comeback. But the tools are there to make one.

3. During a sleeplock, tridrakhan gets kbn.You can’t kill things when your stuff is sleeping.

4. The left over monster isn’t going to do much to a sanctistag.

Lastly: every monster in the game can be killed. If we simply say “it can be killed so it’s not op” then zibgazer wasn’t op by that logic. As it had a theoretical counter.

Stratustrike can be likened unto a monster that has double bloodthirst and gains an automatic kill every 150 seconds. While it waits, it gains a shield every 130 seconds, poisons a random enemy and uses sleepbomb without sacrificing the user.

That is OP and that is stratustrike.

again, your argument is as weak as that team.
1.every team is made to control the fight lol, stag is relatively slow, 137TU, nothing, im right?, well, thats actually a good point considering you got the front to work perfectly (which will never happen in 50 or so, unless its the counter to the enemy)

2.yep, 1 on 1 is sooooo reliable, also deo tk tk is never paired with a team turn that will get the next turn (unless chrome kills it which is like 50/50) and will obliterate your next 4, also keep in mind the enemy wont have a team made of only bronzshells (unless its aki)

3.normal stratus is a normal freaking front and does not need a nerf, and if you cant deal with him you are a noob, the number of stratus that cause me trouble last pvp (and im not bragging, im talking for many top 50 players) where like 2 or 3

4.yey, u admit it, have fun in this situation, its gonna be a nice fight

5.you are considering everything goes right, and as i said, a good player wont let that happen unless that team completely counters.

1. Sanct isnt that hard to deal with when he isnt paired with aegis, but yea, you make a good point

Yea, its diferent, you can build many teams thqt will work effectively in pvp that counter that, with zib gazer it had to be a team just to counter it

Yea, stratus is strong, but take a look at other monsters like geo, raizen, chrome… stratus is top tier, but those 3 i mentioned deserve nerfs more than stratus for sure

Really not that op guys everyone will have nectarine pretty much, so just put nectarine in 5th spot on your team. Stops the other teams sleep lock.

Also could use own cannibalize strategy with TK in frontline and nectarine in 5th spot. Then you have a stun immune and sleep immune TK which would wipe out santistag, one on one frontlines.

Nectarine is more of a counter to stratus and sleep teams then a benefit. If you have Bane and nectarine then you can destroy sleep teams.

Really looking forward to this monster as it will counter santistag and one on one teams quite well

How about camou front, Heaven, Emerald sancti,X :slight_smile:,

Honestly the team above is off the top of my head and can be drastically improved. I don’t have almost any of those monsters so I personally can’t test the team out,

My problem with the general strategy is that it is a strategy that requires limited legends in order to counter. Aka zib. If I have no zib, then I lose the game because of my team being unable to respond the aegis + stratus + charged leogeist. The enemy team also has the initiative at that point. So they can just tear through your team due to the two walls(leo and aegisdragon).

It’s starting to feel more and more like zardecil vs the limited legends now at high level pvp.

And due to my very limited budget, it feels like a big kick to the face. If the power creep keeps up then I may end up quitting. The one thing I love about the game is that my own wits and strategy can keep me in the top 50 no matter the monster pool. If that gets taken away, then I have another game that I enjoy where I can do just that if I put my neomonsters time into it.

We cant play neomonsters forevah :joy: