2 Year Anniversary: Worth Spending Gems?

Hi all. I’ve been fortunate enough so save up 430 gems up until this point and was wondering if I should use 300 of them this festival to get one of the featured monsters. They both look alright (esp BB) but I feel like the price may be too steep because both of them are link monsters and moji seems like a glorified healer/support monster. I’ve already opened up one pack and got 2 great but not limited time legendaries (I don’t have a single featured one right now which may be an inscentive to buy), but I’m just not sure if these monsters are worth going all in for.

Does anyone want to make a case for or against this festival over other festivals. I’m level 124 so I could wait it out. Alternatively I could open 2 more packs for a guaranteed legend and hope somewhere along the way I get Aegis or Penguinator (fingers crossed) and still have about 300 gems when something else that’s good shows up!

I’ve just been saving a lot and don’t want to blow it because these monsters don’t seem so crazy OP like some others

If you are in need of good new legendaries because you lack them or whatever go for it. If you don’t mind e waiting wait then

I wanted moji or blackbeast so I told myself I was doing 300 but if I got either before 300 I would stop as my 6th pack would be 50/50 dupe or the other. I didn’t get either until my 6th pack when I got moji. I’m now on 95 gems and keeping them.

My opinion is do 300 and that’s it. Blackbeast is amazing. Moji is great support. Peng can be a game changer. Fox is a beast and baby peng is really good and so are the others that’s featured.

Except prismaryx he’s trash

I think it’s worth it solely because of bb. Moji is a pretty insane monster but it requires a good team to make the most out of it. BB is very standalone, and an amazingly powerful sweeper if it gets going. 

The question you have to ask is what other opportunity are you waiting for? Anniversary is 90% of the time better than christmas since the devs cherry pick popular monsters for the eggs rather than going for seasonal ones like jingledragon etc. I don’t see a better place to spend them imo

Yeah, I think I may go for it then partially because BB would be a nice grab and partially because I’m hoping for something limited time too. I’m just curious about why a lot of people say that moji is an “insane” monster. I get that purifying mist and his moveset may be pretty nice as a 5th or 6th monster but he also can’t really do any damage and just kind of seems like a weak monster that is more of a nuisance than a threat.

If anyone would like to comment on why they think pulling moji would be a good outcome, I’d really appreciate it though! I guess the issue is that if I get BB I’m through the moon, but if I get moji, I can’t really justify putting him in my team really at all from what I’ve seen. Maybe that’ll change with all your helpful comments though!

Well he has roaring entrance so he will come in and instantly use purifying mist or salvation which is a heal all but doesn’t kill himself so he is a great support monster. The problem is that when he dies and you get the unevolved version he’s more of a problem because of his speed than actually being of use. If he had a speed boost it would be really good

But that is like many boosts now, there is no room for slow mons in the meta and they will die out. There should be variations, such as Penguinator that just owns immediately if he gets a turn.

The trick with mojinator is to cannibalise it. So not only do you get a roaring entrance heal or purify, but if you cannibalise it your opponent has to deal with the moji chain, which believe me is allmost as bad as motor shells if not worse

this is so mean. Please don’t hurt his feelings.

BB is an enormously good mon (he also does not have any link moves). However, either moji or BB need to fit in your current possible setups. Otherwise it is a waste to get to the 6th pack. If you don’t need either, just don’t do it. If they are, however, of value for your further gameplay, just do it. If you need further help with that decisions, I am pretty sure that the people in this forum will take a look at your monsters. But since you are already level 124, I think you know what you need and what not: support or DMG or neither; pvp or pve related.

Trash dosen’t feel…

Delugazar aka black beast is crazy good… pair him with give turns and team turns and you got yourself 12 mons dead on other team, considering you get double bloodthirst and all mons alive… and also no stun poison f’ers or him bejng dead in the first two seconds… But, he is good for sweeping.
Aaaand also no death revenges;)

Sorry all, but I’m still having some second thoughts. Would you all mind taking a look at my team below me telling me if it would be better to go in now (aka moji would be pretty helpful) or to wait a bit (some other 6th pack would be better)?

https://imgur.com/a/5VyO1

I know I have a bunch of unevolved legends. I was waiting to open a bunch of packs and then reassess my evolution situation at that point. I’ve got tons of ingredients though so ultraevolution is not a concern. The beginning of my team is the pretty classic soulstealer death sentence all followed by warca. Then I try and put some sleep mons in followed by stun and at the end is mostly cheap death revenges (having a give turn and a TT by my Nebil pretty much guarantees 1-2 create duplicates in pve which is pretty nice sometimes). Any general or specific thoughts would be great!!!

Soul Stealer is a scum.
Z19 IDFWU

Opss

Ultima would be more reliable than warca.

I think you’ve already answered your own question if your aim is for one of the two guaranteed limited legends. Mojo would be helpful as a support mon. I don’t think BB would be helpful in your lineup. He’s a killer sweeper, but he wouldn’t be a good fit for your current team. So what you need to ask yourself is do I want to take a 50/50 shot with one outcome being beneficial and the other giving you a solid mon, but not really useful.

In saying that, I wouldn’t pass up the BB. No way I wasn’t rolling for him.