Interesting idea.

I like this idea, it would add some more depth to the multiplayer aspect of the game. But at some point you are getting into an area that historically has been avoided here, in that the game advertises itself as fully playable while not online. If you start adding clans and other online components to the game then you are basically negating that selling point, if those online components add anything significant or exclusive to the game play. PVP is essentially a seperate component currently, as are the online missions, so clans and contests and the like would have to be seperate as well. And for people who cannot participate in these i would expect significant complaints to arise from that.

You can possible replace the OM with a manually held contest once in a while. Say, you can get S Infernowyrm through an arts contest (not just visual, but literature, photography, music, etc etc)? So maybe an arts contest is flawed example, but you get the point, yeah? 

Or perhaps a trivia. “What is the desert’s full name?” You will be able to send in answers once, and ultimately this allows 1) people to use the forums/wikia [when it’s done] 2) to explore 3) to learn more about HI. And it doesn’t have to be about the game. Maybe a trivia question could be “Where did the name Duskroc originate from?” for users or optimize Google or “What do grades do?” for people to understand the gaming system more. Etc etc.

Both will take tremendous moderation, however, so they are only tentative suggestions (that… are sort of off-topic… but still has to do with giving prizes away)

In a perfect world, we would be able to talk in the app, hold contests there, and have mods transfer stuff.

But yeah, it’s not gonna happen. But I’m glad you brought that up, as that’s a good point.

Well, the game isn’t completely focusing on the forums, and there is a page that tells the player to check out the forums anyways, so…

If anything, they would join because of the contests.

Anyways, I’m getting off topic…PVP is indeed online and “separate” like online missions. Everyone seems to appreciate those. I don’t see how contests would be any worse.