Potpourri of Lyrics

Recently, one of my friends introduced me to an interesting little “game.” In this game, you take a playlist and shuffle it. Take the first line of the first few songs that has words and then mix them together to make a new song. It’s sort of funny, because you can have a gentle, happy song at first and then a dark song next. Post yours here!

Example:

Do you remember standing in a broken field? - First line of War by Poets of the Fall

How can you see into my eyes like open doors? - First line of Bring Me to Life by Evanescence

Another head hangs lowly, a child is slowly taken. - First line of Zombie by The Cranberries

Hold me now, because I couldn’t even if I tried. - First line of Crash by Sum41

It’s shame that it had to be this way. - First line of Goodbye by Secondhand Serenade

Of course, you can rearrange words, choose your own line from each song, etc., but it won’t be as random. But anything like that is fine. There are no limits!

There are not many rules except for these, which you have probably already guessed:

1. Don’t make fun of other people’s music tastes.

2. Don’t include inappropriate lyrics.

And that’s basically it. If I think of anymore, I’ll add them.

Extras:

Try Grooveshark, Spotify or Pandora if you don’t have access to a jumble of songs you can use. You can also use the radio. 

Note that Pandora only serves the U.S., New Zealand, and Australia. If you aren’t in any of these countries, you won’t be able to use Pandora.

Mind oh Mind …reset

You wants us to tear out our Hair thinking of the lyrics huh…lol

Yo listen up here’s a story, about a little guy that lives in a blue world…

Kinda interested on how this’ll go :slight_smile:

Oh, well, I didn’t expect it to be each person giving one line. But I guess it can work. :>

@philiplyc: oh no :o sorry lol

As sly as a fox, as strong as an ox. -Everything at once, Lenka

so:

Yo listen up here’s a story, about a little guy that lives in a blue world.

As sly as a fox, as strong as an ox.

I’m just a little bit caught in the middle - The Show by Lenka

Yo listen up here’s a story, about a little guy that lives in a blue world.

As sly as a fox, as strong as an ox.

I’m just a little bit caught in the middle.

**WOAH! I just took a random song and added the first line! But I didn’t notice Blix’s song was by the same artist. What a coincidence. I’m stunned. xD

Hello *wub wub wub*                                                           - “Hello?” Going Quantum

Jump up and down on                                                      - “Top of the World” Stephen Walking

The metropolis, the metropolis, metropolis…               - “Metropolis” Stephen Walking

On it! On it! On it! On it! **** better have my money!     - “Full Grizzly” Going Quantum/Stephen Walking

That’s actually a pretty cool one! I was thinking maybe you guys can incorporate some of your hobbies with these. If you like the draw, you can draw a picture relating to your thing. If you like to sing, you can try to make up a new little tune for it, and if you like to make music, do the same. You can write short prose based on it too.

Just something you can do if you find yourself bored with nothing else to do.