OLD Tier List

I see, thanks for clearing the air regarding a few areas.

I would agree with everything youā€™re saying except paw patrol would be at a b+ Or A at most. Weak against chrono and assasinate and protect killer. But is definitely a sweeper not protector. Overwatch is useless against poison and thatā€™s been running pretty frequent with cobra.

Pawpatrol can change the tide of a game if youā€™re extremely lucky.

Keyword: ā€œifā€

I mean who is crazy enough to build a team around RNG :joy:

1 Like

Update

Iā€™m going through the process of writing an update to this tier list where Iā€™ll add the new monsters and make some notes/changes based on the recent monster changes. However, before I do that Iā€™d like to do a re-balancing of the tier list for some of the monsters I got wrong or have ended up in slightly the wrong position. Protector monsters need fixing because a number of them got buffs and the meta has shifted a little with protectors (raw monsters, the new rockoids and some other bits). Poison monsters also need fixing because the usual good ones are no longer facing up against the top teams. What you want from poison monsters is slightly different now.

The normal update will come right after this. I just wanted to split this out of it so itā€™s not one huge post!

Movements:

Protector monsters

These monsters are ordered by their new PvP tier with the old (general / PvP) tiers showed first then the new tiers. Where the protectors have the same tier Iā€™ve ordered them by which I think is the best in that tier.

Megaiasloth (B+/A) -> (B+/A+)
Drakozord Z (A/A+) -> (A+/A+)
Voodoom (A+/A+) -> (A/A+)
Aegisdragon (S/S) -> (A+/A)
Sanctistag (A+/A)
Cosmodragon (B+/A)
Nebelronix (B/A)
Tortogeist (S/A+) -> (S/B+)
Skeleviathan (B+/B+) -> (C+/B)
Grovodeus (B+/B) -> (B/C+)

Protecting can often be done by SEs at cheaper cost and many of them offer useful extra things like purify, stun absorb, desperate attacks, etc. Megaiasloth and Voodoom are both extremely tanky and offer good support for the team, while Drakozord Z has high speed and has a nice mixture of moves.

Poison monsters

These monsters are ordered by their new PvP tier with the old (general / PvP) tiers showed first then the new tiers. Where the poison monsters have the same tier Iā€™ve ordered them by which I think is the best in that tier.

Oakthulu (S+/S) -> (S+/S+)
Deathgazer (C+/S) -> (B/S+)
Tagosenshi (A+/S) -> (A+/A+)
Pumpking (B/A) -> (A/A+)
Maggatsuoh (A+/A+) -> (A+/A)
Terrordragon (B/S) -> (C+/A)
Banedragon (A/A+) -> (B/A)
Vulcaroth (A/B+) -> (B+/B+)
Flarevern (C/C+)
Omegasdragon (C/C+)
Tiamazus (C/C+)
Tridrakhan (C/C+) -> (D/C)

Poison is currently not top tier in PvP, mainly due to the high TU moves and low speed of the monsters in general. However, auto-poison remains one of the strongest passives for countering lots of other monsters and is, in my opinion, one of the biggest reasons to use poison monsters. Oakthulu is very dominant as the best legendary with auto-poison. Deathgazer has a ridiculously powerful passive and entrance speed for the end-game, with the SS it is practically a TT. The next few monsters all have strong skills at reasonably low TU with good passives. However, the rest of the monsters (Terrordragon onwards) are falling behind the monsters we are seeing in PvP these days.

Other monsters moving UP

Jaguardian moves from S -> S+ in PvP, an extremely aggressive moveset with stun immunity is a big positive right now and itā€™s easy to set up either with protectors or the secret skill. I didnā€™t fully appreciate the strength of the secret skill and how fast it sets up a kill originally.
Celeshine moves from B -> B+ in general and A+ -> S in PvP, with link only required for the first (roaring entrance) attack then bloodfury from then on this monster is a great sweeper.
Heavenswyrm moves from A -> A+ in general, with this monster being incredible help in a number of events/situations this deserves a higher tier.
Icefang moves from B -> B+ in PvP
Aurodragon moves from B+ -> A in PvP
Zephyrin moves from B+ -> A in general
Ziberius moves from B -> B+ in PvP
Lavamane moves from A+ -> S in PvP, with retribution front lines becoming more viable this is a key player that probably deserves S. I originally put it A+ because it doesnā€™t do much other than being a fast cannibalise.

Other monsters moving DOWN

A bunch of these are monsters being pushed down a tier to make more room in the higher tiers. My general plan is always going to be that the monsters bunch around B, B+ and A with ones higher and lower being the monsters Iā€™d like to identify most as being strong/weak.

Nulltron moves from S+ -> S in PvP, an extremely aggressive moveset with a powerful passive makes this a top quality sweeper but is a little too weak to chrono killer because it cannot be protected and the moves need a bit of setup.
The Penguinator moves from S -> A+ in PvP, itā€™s not working enough in the fast meta.
Terragar moves from A+ -> B+ in general
Goldtail moves from S+ -> S in PvP
Magmarinus moves from S+ -> S in PvP
Bovolcus moves from S -> A+ in PvP
Tezcacoatl moves from S -> A+ in PvP
Bunkerbeast moves from A+ -> A in PvP
Polaboss moves from A+ -> A in PvP
Tenebris moves from A+ -> A in PvP
Cosmodragon moves from A -> B+ in PvP
Geartyrant moves from A -> B in PvP
Nebelronix moves from A -> B+ in PvP
Timberlord moves from A -> B+ in PvP
Albakhan moves from B+ -> B in PvP
Chronotitan moves from B -> C+ in PvP
Phantomaiden moves from S -> A+ in PvP, in hindsight the low speed is a bit of an issue and otherwise Iā€™m making room at the top.

1 Like

The list has improved. Something to keep an eye on in regards to monsters that rely on stun is that they are becoming less viable with the release of yet another stun convertor. Pretty sure Infernicon is gonna be popular in PvP now. We have got a whole heap of stun Immune and stun convertors at the moment. Often find the whole gang in one team.

Waaaay ahead of you :wink: Ever since the release of Angelion and knowing that weā€™ll get more stun converters Iā€™ve been pushing down some of those stun monsters like the shockers are now A+ (eventually I would like them A) and the monsters with stunning entrance/revenge are pretty much valued as it being a negative, unless they are going to utilise it well. Slapping stunning entrance onto something is not a good thing these days, as Centaureon has found with his low tier rating (months before his release people were calling champion entrance the most OP thing coming to the game and Centaureon the best monster coming).

I am not a fan of Infernicorn and donā€™t think others will be either due to the lack of synergy in link fire. To get proper link fire synergy you pretty much have to use SEs, which isnā€™t viable in top tier PvP. Itā€™s also missing key things like 7/22 fire legendaries are stun immune/converter, there are 0 stun absorbers, 0 protectors and 0 with 5800 defence. Iā€™m glad that weā€™re getting a fire stun converter because fire really needed it!

Update

Up above is a lot of reshuffling of the monsters. I know itā€™s a huge amount to take in but I decided to write them all just for later reference (anyone can search for particular monsters in this thread and see comments about them or changes to their tier). Here we have a few monsters that have been added in the last month plus some drastic movements with the buffs we got to Novadrake and the Christmas monsters which are coming again soon.

Notes:

Igniscapra got a reduced TU on overdrive from 80 to 60. Itā€™s a good link fire monster that can sweep very easily but is already A in general and A+ in PvP, I donā€™t believe it has much more to offer even with the faster charging.
Blossomight has been buffed by the addition of Dracorosa. For PvE it is already S+ but for PvP I would now count this monster S+ (rather than S) if you have Dracorosa. The only thing bringing it down before was the Sanguinymph being such a bad monster for PvP. I will keep it S because I donā€™t want to assume people have Dracorosa.

Additions:

Blazerider goes in at S for general and S for PvP, with high attack and a good entrance passive this monster can add good offensive and defence value to your team. Itā€™s not so great as a poison counter because it has no poison immunity plus quite low speed means the opponent can remove it before it gets a chance to use toxic killer if that will be a problem. However, slayerbane and toxic killer do high damage and solo bloodfury is one of the best sweeping skills weā€™ve seen on a SE.

Aviaeronix goes in at S for general and A+ for PvP, probably the most fun monster design (and artwork) weā€™ve seen all year! It directly counters death/payback revenge, can get rid of an annoying protector or immediately send itself back (roaring entrance + sendback) if there is no target. Itā€™s worth noting sendback is 50TU so it can also help your team if theyā€™ve been stunned lots. Iā€™m being tentative with the PvP tier but it may go S or S+ after weā€™ve seen it in practice. Payback killer cannot be used on any other targets and wall breaker is 200TU, so it may suffer. However, if you have an enemy on 1HP when it enters you can instantly charge the 100TU raw bloodfury.

Bronzoid, Aluminoid, Goldoid and Diamonoid have all been added into the ā€œnotable monstersā€ section. Diamonoid is an exceptionally strong monster for stalling the opponent. Using one of these allows you to get a lot more secret skills in your team and they add a lot of worth for just 1 team cost.

Pawpatrol goes in at C+ for general and A+ for PvP, deceptively this monster is more of a sweeper than a protector. If you can get a kill on its first turn it has instant overwatch + double bloodcrave which is very brutal. The versatility is what makes this monster so good for PvP and the passive which gives a teammate a turn can be very strong if you get lucky. Itā€™s lack of a reliable method for first kill and weakness to protector/chrono killer is what stops it from being S tier. However, itā€™s worth noting that because of such high defence, hold ground and the other passive itā€™s very reliable at giving value to your team (best protector in my opinion).

Atlantyrant goes in at B+ for general and A for PvP, being carried mostly by auto-poison and the highly aggressive moveset this monster is a great addition to poison teams but a little too slow with the moves to make it into the top tiers. There is potential for some strong combos in the future, especially with epidemic.

Dracorosa goes in at S for general and S for PvP, despite seeming to be a counter to poison or fire this monster has a lot more to offer. Stun immunity + hold ground is one of the most solid combination of passives and purifying mist is one of the best support skills. Add in the fact it has high speed, double sweeping moves and surprisingly easy ways to charge itselfā€¦ itā€™s not surprising this monster is up in S tier. The secret skill adds a very strong combo with the two fairies that is especially powerful for PvE. You can count this monster as S+ for PvE if you have the fairies. The thing stopping it from being S+ in PvP is that you can have times when you canā€™t grab a kill easily and purifying mist isnā€™t going to help plus Dracorosa canā€™t heal.

Infernicorn goes in at C+ for general and B+ for PvP, while boasting stun converter with a 70TU sweeping move this monster relies totally on link fire and is quite slow to do anything because it often needs attack boost first then once it attacks it may have to wait 160TU before its next move. After using double piercing blow Infernicorn is left on very little health a lot of the time so can quite easily be killed despite its shield. This is clearly a good monster in link fire teams but not a reason to build around the element and is not particularly reliable.

Movements:

(these are from buffs/nerfs in a recent update see here)
Malwing moves from S -> A+ in general, the change to blowback has lessened the combo opportunity with a few things (shockers) but Malwing still has an incredible moveset for PvP so it remains S+ there.
The Saintfeather moves from B+ -> S in general and C -> S in PvP, with such a crazy buff this might even be S+ worthy in PvP but we need to see it in practice first. It gives you so much control and is a counter to many other things because of sleep immunity + ascension.
Tinkerclaus moves from C+ -> B+ in general, the buffs have made this a great survivor monster for PvE but in PvP is basically a weaker version of Oakthulu. Itā€™s good with HG + double repulse + stun flash but doesnā€™t add as much to teams as others so Iā€™m keeping it B+.
Novadrake moves from A -> S in general and A -> S in PvP, the addition of HG has buffed this monster crazily and the 50TU on skills is absurd. This monster is better than the shockers because you get to choose the timing. After testing this monster far more Iā€™ve come to recognise that timestrike and raw bloodthirst are a big part of the moveset and you only need other shadow monsters at the start then can get sweeping with raw bloodthirst. Itā€™s S / A+ for PvP, before anyone freaks.

1 Like

Zib S+. Everything else fine

I know thatā€™s where I differ to popular opinion. Thing is, Zib can be disabled in any way you like, has high TU moves, an extremely restricted moveset and low damage with double retribution so there are many monsters it will not kill. Plus, stun revenge is now a negative in some situationsā€¦ it gives him almost no gain due to the large amount of stun protection people are running in teams today. Zib is a combo piece that can be a part of some strong teams. I may push him up to A because the secret skill can be used to skip past the opponentā€™s next monster but I really donā€™t think Zib deserves all the attention it gets.

If u got lavamane S than zib a S. He faster. Can skip turn. Heal team. Kill and he the fastest entrance monster in the game. You canā€™t make him a S tank. You being basied

The super epics are rated in relation to the other super epics. In PvP legendaries are typically FAR better than super epics. The only SEs worthy of using in top tier PvP are S+ or S, go take a look at the tier list for them and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll agree. A+ SEs are useful in particular situations or teams, thatā€™s it. Lavamane was A+ for that reason but Iā€™ve made it S now.

Lavamane can be unevolved and so cost only 7. Ziberius is often used with the secret skill now so thatā€™s 7 cost vs 16 cost for a monster which youā€™re most likely going to use to cannibalise itself. Ziberius is better for countering things and has 5% more speed but I donā€™t think thatā€™s worth it, certainly not when using double retribution is putting Zib back 160TU.

You gotta think of pot with monsters. Zib pot 9 is fast. Itā€™s 135. Plus it counter so must. Zib a S regardless but itā€™s ur list. Keep it as u like. But most of the community will agree with me. Itā€™s a reason why itā€™s a LIMITED monster

I say 160TU but yes Iā€™m thinking with +5 (or +9 in the case of Zib). I accept my opinion is different to the majority and Iā€™ve given my reasons above. Azuraidos is a limited monster and itā€™s C tier lol. Thanks for holding back in your responses, I can tell you feel strongly about it.

Tinker got drain survivor not double survivor :wink:

Thanks, I couldnā€™t remember which it was and the update news was gone by the time I came to doing the update. I had in my head that it was single and that he would be lower than A tier for general. Iā€™ll quickly take a look to see if he needs pushing down.

EDIT: Yup I pushed it down a tier from A to B+ and corrected the post above.

1 Like

Hey Killerdog recently caught another new mythic in an egg named drax. Didnā€™t know if it was brought to you attention yet.

Yeah thanks, no worries. Iā€™m not sure when Iā€™m going to add these mythic monsters because we donā€™t know the secret skills yet. However, what we do know so far is theyā€™re like this:

Shadow mythic (scorpion)

• Shadow, 67%, 17?, stan atk
  • Assisted blight, Elem healing, Raw bloodthirst, Fatal sting (deathmark via poison)
  • ???
  • Stun converter, Sleep immunity

Earth mythic (throw serpent)

• Earth, 50%, 17?, full atk
  • Gigastone, Faststrike (50TU), Bloodcrave (50TU), Elem healing (50TU)
  • ???
  • Unmovable, Ancient rule (sacrifice ā€œrockoidā€ with each attack)

Fire mythic (TK dragon)

• Fire, 75%, 18?, full atk
  • Gigaflame, Raw bloodthirst, Protector killer, Sleep killer
  • ???
  • Excessive force, ???

Storm mythic (short stun field)

• Storm, 80%, 17?, stan atk
  • Gigabolt, Chrono killer, Iron wall (focus without the protect), Double survivor
  • ??
  • Ion field (entering enemies get stunned 20s), ???

Holy mythic (bloodbath deer)

• Holy, 56%, 18?, stan def
  • Ultralux, Payback killer (DR), Ritual VI (backstab legendary), Bloodbath (blood all, 3 kills needed)
  • ???
  • Camouflage, Shield entrance

The movesets might change a little when they awaken. For example, the storm one might go from double survivor -> survivor all, the shadow one might go from raw bloodthirst -> raw bloodfury and the earth one might go from unmovable -> gravity field.

My general impressions are:

Shadow - A monster to combine with OoO. With bloodthirst itā€™s not too great, despite the OP passives, but if it becomes bloodfury when awoken this monster will be A+ / S as a great sweeper similar to Angelion.
Earth - A huge payoff for going with a throw team but ultimately dies very easily and can be disabled easily too. Most likely B / B+.
Fire - A TK with excessive force is brilliant but itā€™s a bit slower and, like the TKā€™s, lacks targets. I believe it doesnā€™t have stun immunity (correct me if Iā€™m wrong - donā€™t know what the second passive is) and thatā€™s a big issue so I reckon itā€™s only a tiny bit better than Shadowyrm, if at all. Probably B / B+.
Storm - Ion field is a cool idea but there are too many stun immune/converter/counter monsters in PvP. I believe this is probably B tier but in PvE it will be incredibly good with itā€™s survivor all + ion field.
Holy - A lot hinges on the damage of bloodbath after 1-2 kills so I canā€™t pass proper judgement yet, also the secret skill will probably add a move to get a kill or two which will make a big difference. However, shield, camouflage, high defence and reasonably decent speed make this a huge problem to take out and it has crazy potential with its moveset. If bloodbath does good damage after 1-2 kills and the SS is good I reckon this will be S+, otherwise A+ / S.

As for Kuraokami and Mistletormentā€¦
Mistle is an overcosted SE that I canā€™t see going much above C+.
Kurao has a very interesting moveset with great sweeping potential and support. He should be great when used well in teams but probably wonā€™t stretch higher than A+ / A. Itā€™s worth noting that his SS does 150k damage, enough to one-shot anything in the game. Potentially he could be a great mythic to keep unawakened if he has the final skill because heā€™ll be 12 cost but could still sweep easily and the secret skill is just situational anyway.

7 Likes

The shadow mythic can be a great addition also to dark link teams, as there are no stun converters with dark element until him. It also can be useful with his healing move to refill novadrake for example. The TU on his moves donā€™t matter so much as he get a turn if stun enters the field. Single assisted move makes more sense because of OoO. Also his poison-death-sentence could be useful to kill sleep immunesā€¦ (of course thats Not useful for angelionā€¦)
Its Not that necessary to awaken him. Its useful in 6star stage too

Yeah heā€™s a very nice monster without awakening. Thatā€™s a good point about him having an assisted move, could be a good way to grab a kill if thereā€™s stun around. I still think it will benefit a lot from awakening because, even if it doesnā€™t get bloodfury, the bloodthirst will do great damage from his higher attack stat and probably be good enough to kill many weaker things after just one kill.

I think quite a few mythics will be great to use without awakening. A 12-cost ā€œlegendaryā€ is brilliant so any which donā€™t have essential secret skills should probably not be awakened.

1 Like

Diredemon, this myth, and oniblade maybe work fine togetherā€¦ I think We will See a Lot of unawakened myths in special teams if time goes onā€¦ most of them work fine for specific team setups