OLD Tier List

Update

There are a large number of new super epics coming to the game so we better get this updated! This also includes the recent update which buffed four legendaries as well as some small adjustments I’ve made to a few of the mid-range PvP monsters which in hindsight I positioned very slightly off from my thinking on this pass over the tiers.

Notes:
Aeraider will get added later, once we know what an Aluminoid is all about. First impressions are good with the decent speed for a monster with a 100TU give turn, very high defence and other support moves.

Additions:
Elephantom goes in at B+ for general and A+ for PvP, relying completely on being in throw teams and having rockoids created by others while not being an element not known for throw this monster can appear useless. However, with good speed, stun immunity and unmovable Elephantom can represent a reasonably strong monster on the field in a good throw team. Catapult will give reliable kills but I believe the main thing carrying it is unwanted ritual. Bronzeshells in random places of the enemy team is an incredibly effective way of slowing down their rate of play, similar to the effect of Lunartic. However, the sheer number of rockoids required for this monster makes it awkward to use and ultimately not up there with the great SEs.

Elmowraith goes in at B+ for general and B for PvP, with very little to offer other than sleep and on a weak body with no passives this monster is nothing special. Link sleep double is too slow to give much utility above the normal sleep move and currently there are no good link fire combos which would benefit from a sleeper. Morphean bomb deals double the damage of dreamhunt but does not strategically play into anything.

Tezcatlipoca goes in at C+ for general and C for PvP, while very tanky, this monster struggles to get anything done for ages. It’s a fun design but offers much less than other monsters who do similar things. In order to perform well you will need to have the enemy team stunned or partially disabled already but even then Tezcatlipoca will be taking up a space on your team for too long with too little impact. The main use, I feel, will be the bomb rebirth (because protection from stun is so common) and we know from Doomengine how poorly reliable that is.

Igniscapra goes in at A for general and A+ for PvP, with overdrive this monster can one-shot everything with each of its moves. Link piercing blow for a single kill (plus heavy recoil) or assisted flare for a double kill (as long as 3+ fire monsters in your team). However, before overdrive is used this monster has almost nothing good to offer and so entrance + 80TU means this is slow to make an impact. It relies on being given turn lots, then can be a reliable sweeper in a link fire team. Without any passives and offering nothing unique this SE falls short of what others can do.

Simuronix goes in at S for general and A for PvP, with link revival being an incredibly strong move that gets you another monster this monster has quite a bit to offer teams. However, after that it simply offers periodic support that is not as significant as what legendaries can do. Hence in PvP it will simply get left on the field forever and bring down your team a bit. In PvE both the support moves can do good things for your team and Simuronix will naturally get killed off at some point.

Zeuswyrm goes in at S+ for general and S for PvP, crazily high speed and automatic setup for timestrike double makes this monster an incredibly good sweeper that can break many walls and have an instant impact on the battle. Without going through it all, this monster is among the best sweepers but has two big shortfalls… the first is that if the opponent has lots of stun immune/converter/counter monsters out then it is potentially neutralised but the biggest one is that the sweeping move is raw so it cannot be protected in most cases. This results in it being easy to kill off if necessary and hence you cannot rely on gaining huge value from it. For a full breakdown see posts above (roughly 15-20 posts back).

Centaureon goes in at B for general and B+ for PvP, insane entrance impact makes this monster a lot of fun but the power it holds is quite situational (earth opponents or sleep opponents). It can counter sleep lock, help counter stun and will give a stun to help your team but whether it follows up with kills is not something to rely on. Sadly that makes this monster too situational for a high tier but if played against the right team this is a bomb! For a large breakdown see posts above (roughly 15-20 posts back).

Jaguardian goes in at A+ for general and A+ for PvP, with lovely one-shot moves and stun immunity there’s a lot to enjoy about this sweeper. The 50TU setup is fairly swift and stealthing your opponents can easily be worked around. It plays into link teams beautifully but can also be used elsewhere as a solid all-round sweeper. I personally like the Last Wish passive a lot, both for PvE and PvP because it can add some nice value where there would normally be none on a monster like this. However, this monster does not compete at quite as high a level as some other sweepers or monsters with crazy effects and combos going on.

Movements:
(first four gained buffs in a recent update see here)
Emeraldeus moves from B+ -> A in PvP, an increase to the damage of link double retribution has made this more PvP viable as a sweeper.
Triviathan moves from A+ -> S in general and B -> S in PvP, with a huge overhaul of the skills and addition of sleep immunity this monster has got crazy power and some strong combos.
Megaiasloth moves from B -> B+ in general and B+ -> A in PvP, some great improvements so the moveset supports link earth nicely and it is more focused around survival than it even was before.
Staticsphere moves from C -> B+ in PvP, after a damage increase this has become surprisingly viable. If the opponent doesn’t deal with it then it begins creating some very good value. It deals roughly 1/3 of all enemies health with explosive revenge.
Raizen moves from S+ -> S in general, not as reliable for killing as other S+ monsters, no way to heal and doesn’t offer the best support.
Celestrion, Cybereon and Nightlord moves from S -> A+ in PvP, with an increasing number of stun converter/counter monsters being seen in PvP and generally stun protection these monsters are more frequently adding less value. They’re slowly losing their dominance!
Kattmmander moves from A -> B+ in PvP, while quick and with good attacking power it offers less for a team than others because of the lack of passives.
Midasdragon moves from A -> B+ in PvP, explosive quartet is great and link team turn can work brilliantly in teams but it doesn’t match up to other newer monsters.
Regalion moves from A -> B+ in PvP, a huge counter to a number of things and offers some good things for your team but there are other counters that play into strategies and do more for your team.
Sanctistag moves from B+ -> A in PvP, a big counter to lots of common things, e.g. multi-hitting attacks and good support for your team.

1 Like

Jaguar is S rank. He a upgrade fox. That deal more damage. He can one shot a tt. Regalia should be an A. He counter everything and he does harm you if you know how to build a team.

A comparison to Hellfox is a good one actually. Both double retribution but Jaguardian has stun immunity… what Hellfox has always dreamed about. However, the payback revenge and rebirth is what makes Hellfox brilliant. I think Jaguar is a great sweeper and he may jump up after we see him in practice. I do like stun immunity a lot and the good speed + double retribution can make him a brilliant mid-game monster. He’s on the border of S/A+, it depends on what people are able to do with him.

Regalion I have always loved lots, mainly because it’s such a massive pain to fight against. However, with stun protection being so common in top tier PvP right now I don’t think seal is working properly. Regalion works more as a disabler for the opponent than anything else and I think there’s more you can get out of having a different monster there instead. Sanctistag disables the opponent more frequently than Regalion.

I don’t expect everyone to like some of the shifts. I will always be trying my best to separate the monsters out over the 9 tiers rather than bunching them all together in the top 5 tiers. That means inevitably I will be moving some monsters down as time goes on, the ones I feel are on the lower end of their tiers.

Jaguar will be a nightmare in Fl for pvp.

I still don’t believe zeus is s+ material, way overrated. And I think you should wait before putting jaguardian in any tier

1 Like

It’s rare someone comments on the “general” section! He’s S for PvP but when I started comparing him to all the monsters in S+ and S for general I saw how actually the value he often gives you plus his ability to be a sweeper and stun bomb curse combo with OoO make him more like S+ material.

Jaguar I wanted to get in early so I had all the current stuff done. I have a feeling it will bump up to S once we’ve seen it in combat. However, I didn’t want to go “it’s a good sweeper, that makes it S” without seeing it used properly.

Same , Zeus is glass cannon basically, I think it should be A+ in general, and S for PvP is ryt I guess,

And for jaguar, agreed with @Unown, we should wait , as PvP is just around the corner

If stun bomb curse into OoO makes something s+ then you might as well move chronotitan to s++. Hes got a defencive passive and heal to pull off two of them without problem

Stun bomb curse is typically more useful than bomb curse in PvE plus he has stun immunity and can choose to double sweep if you want. For the case of OoO I compared him to Ultimadragon more than Chronotitan.

Anyway, you just picked out one of the three things I said for why he’s S+. It’s all the things combined that made me put him up there :wink:

I still disagree. Stun bomb curse is worse than bomb curse in general, as it might fail the stun because of stun immunes and absorbers. As for normal one, only shield and hg prevent it from killing something, and not to mention it doesn’t trigger revenges so it keeps you safe from dr or other revenges. And stun immunity is a pvp passive imo, it’s not needed as much in pve because you can usually keep your absorber in field without any problems as ai don’t know how to stun. I’ve run titan in most teams since stratus was released and i almost always pull off 2 bomb curses without problems. That’s 8 kills at least and I’m not counting what he could do with survivor and desperate bite. And it can be used efficiently in every single event, even uc, which makes it much more special. I can’t even imagine zeus doing that well

2 Likes

Sloth is A for me…after his buff

I put sloth in A for PvP. Were you talking about General? Without access to him I can’t tell how well he’ll survive in PvE and if you can get lots of value out of him. In a link earth team he’s bound to be brilliant but, that said, the “general” section tried not to put too much priority on combos (it assumes you don’t have a large pool of legendaries).

P.S. I’ve spoken with Unknown in private messages about Chronotitan in OoO versus Zeuswyrm in OoO. I’m going to test out his strategy because it differs quite a bit to my own.

However, the reason why I put Zeuswyrm S+ for general is not simply because of the way it plays into OoO front lines but also the way how it can jump in multiple times for lots of lightning entrances and can deal far more reliable killing damage than most other monsters for slightly buffed enemies in PvE. It’s on the lower end of S+ but is incredibly versatile and always good even if it’s certainly not overpowered. I believe it’s better than Raizen for general which is why he got demoted and Zeus took the spot.

I’m really curious to hear people’s thoughts on Nulltron and Novadrake. They seem to work well together, but Raw Bloodthirst seems like a significant drawback compared to Bloodthirst. Which is better? What do you think?

I’m definitely going to hold off giving them a rating for now. Novadrake needs a lot of testing before we can say for sure, luckily I have him so I can get a good idea of where he stands. Nulltron has an incredible combination of moves to go with his stun converter passive.

Both have great potential but have one huge drawback… raw bloodthirst. Neither has a reliable way to get two kills unless you carefully build your team around them. I feel like they work mostly as support monsters for your average team then in the right team can become decent, but not top notch, sweepers.

Novadrake wants you to play link shadow (not just link, a full 4/4) and Nulltron wants you to play with one or two stun monsters and other stun converter monsters.

As someone without my preferred PvP shadow legendaries but with a number of stun converters I am probably bias for Nulltron. However, I do think Nulltron is better.

I agree with that. I got lucky and opened both but haven’t ultra-evolved either. The 60TU stun wave is pretty crazy and combed with another stun it gives easy timestrikes. Execute also seems like an excellent way to set up for bloodthirst. Their secret skills seem to complement both nicely. I gravitate mostly to monsters with self-sustain playing mostly PVE right now, but they are both scary.

Update

There was an update recently with lots of monster changes and secret skills added. Also, the anniversary has added a lot more monsters into the game so it’s about time I do another update here. This is A LOT to take in, mainly because of all the secret skill additions!

Notes:
Freezecobra got a change of poison siphon -> poison drain. Ultimately this doesn’t affect much, even though it’s a little nerf it does not knock it out of any tier.
Tricranium got a slight buff to the secret skill where it now purifies. This makes the shielding far better, but does not change the monster significantly enough to change which tier it’s in.
Malwing got a cost increase from 15 -> 16. However, it’s insanely powerful so still worth the cost and this doesn’t affect the tiers.
Ankoudragon got its true potential unlocked with higher speed now making the SS worth it and a cost reduction from 15 -> 14. However, due to the very particular setup required this doesn’t boost its tier position in general and in PvP I feel A still reflects its strength well.
Captain Canine got a change to the repent skill which barely affects him. His tier is not changing.
Doomengine got a secret skill which allows for single-target bombing. Great for general usability but ultimately doesn’t affect where it can be used or make it much stronger. It’s simply a good thing to switch on when you have spare team cost and it will be annoying when we face it in PvE.
Revenarchion got a brilliant buff with the secret skill that made it even more effective for PvE but it’s already S+. Sadly the secret skill doesn’t affect PvP much because the issue is the first Reven can’t always do a lot and after being killed it’s a bit slow coming back as well as messing up your line-up. It simply doesn’t work so well in modern day PvP where things often happen a lot faster and anything slower or messing your line-up is bringing down your team.
Solariel got a secret skill which sadly doesn’t add much, has link condition and adds 3 to the cost. It’s very unlikely you will use it and hence does not affect the tiers.
Aegisdragon got an incredible secret skill that is very powerful. However, it is already S tier for both and is susceptible to counters which pretty much stops it from going into S+ as well as its slow speed meaning you can’t rely on it getting a turn without proper setup. The secret skill is a great option when you’re using the right team for it.
Lavaronix got a secret skill of instant overwatch. This is a great addition and makes it technically better than Mechaviathan. However, it does not affect the tiers because it’s already so high and the vast majority of its strength comes from the team turn.
Mechaviathan got a secret skill of instant shield self. This is a nice addition to the moveset but not worth the cost increase of 3. In most cases you won’t use it so it does not affect the tiers.

Additions:
Aeraider goes in at A+ for general and S+ for PvP, creating huge annoyance with an Aluminoid (shield entrance, auto-protect) and a 100TU give turn move this monster can support a team beautifully. It is one of the few monsters that is strangely better in its second form, because it has all the good moves and only gains a 200TU purifying mist in final form. It plays perfectly in an aggressive meta where you are constantly trading monsters and can keep using the fast give turn. Pull back is often one of the best support moves, especially when you have an auto-protect monster you’re pulling in. However, it has a notable weakness to stun and does not perform well if you’re looking to control the field for an extended period without losing any monsters.

Fluffydra goes in at C+ for general and B+ for PvP, with long TU forgive and repent moves there is unfortunately not a lot this monster has to offer. Unless great combos open up, forgive is pretty much a weaker repulse and repent is very situational. The passive is also very situational, just slightly annoying for opponents to face sometimes. Ultimate sacrifice is the only serious part of the moveset and it can play into reincarnation strategies. High defence helps with that but the speed is slow. Overall a very mediocre monster.

Reapolantern goes in a D for general and D for PvP, tied for worst SE in the game with Ogremaster this guy has nothing going for him. Low speed, no passives and the only unique and useful bit of the moveset being a 200TU move. This halloween kid dressed up to be scary is just fan service, bringing lifeflip enemy to the game after it being suggested many times. It needs a serious overhaul like 130TU lifeflip enemy, 50-60% speed and solo bloodcrave rather than thirst.

Spectrefox goes in at S for general and S for PvP, with a ridiculous combination of moves and passives this monster has loads to offer. It’s an efficient sweeper with purify all for support and passives which create a huge deterrent from killing it. This SE is probably the no. 1 addition to any sleep team as long as it doesn’t have shadow monsters. Unfortunately it relies on heavily on your other monsters to sleep enemies, especially if it’s come back with 10% health. Because of its slightly niche use I’m hesitant to put it above S tier but it may go above once it’s been tried out in combos. High speed (90%) stealthbane can also be incredibly useful for dealing with camouflage monsters in the FL (goodbye Heavenswyrm).

Gaiarymid goes in at C+ for general and B for PvP, with such a niche moveset this thing is very awkward to use. You need both rockoids and other mortar monsters to use it properly. It doesn’t help set up any other mortar monsters, only functions as a weaker sweeper than all the mortar legendaries. Unfortunately that makes it very undesirable and it probably won’t be used much but it does have some nice passives (stun immunity and hold ground). I think C+ and B are very fair tiers for it to be in, respecting it’s potential in the right team.

Zephyrin goes in at B+ for general and B+ for PvP, with shocking entrance being incredibly powerful you’d assume this is higher but the lack of entrance control means you can’t use this like the standard shockers at all. One of the big parts of them is setting up your team and giving a second stun at a later time. Baby summon gives a lot of stun but it all comes at the same time and so Zephyrin is very weak to stun protection at that time and without entrance control on other monsters you won’t actually get the baby in when you want it. Getting kills is hard with the low attack and raw bloodthirst so it’s quite a poor sweeper. Ultimately this monster can do lots if it comes at the right time and you’ve built around it but it’s not as easy to use as the other shockers. Strangely it’s almost best to keep in its first form where it is only 5 cost but has stunning entrance and stun burst. It even comes with max speed when you play in PvP (all monsters automatically have their speed pushed to max in PvP).

Novadrake goes in at A for general and A for PvP, while incredibly niche and requiring assisted shadow this monster is a power house. I’m hesitantly putting it as A for both, it may change once properly tested and it will highly depend on other shadow monsters going into the future because it really requires 4/4 shadow. With shield entrance and 72% speed it’s very hard to stop the 150s stun and it then chains into some very nice moves that can devastate the enemy line-up. Unfortunately this mostly revolves around assisted dusk because it can be immensely powerful with 4 shadow monsters and only being 60TU. That makes it hard to play with strategically, but it can pay off very well with the devastation. Having the ability to choose whether or not to stun is also very important when we have so many monsters with stun passives, timing it right can potentially help you a lot more than a shocking entrance monster.

Nulltron goes in at S for general and S+ for PvP, boasting one of the most supportive movesets and sweeping potential on top makes this incredible for controlling the field. It plays into a particular type of team building, the “no protectors + stun converters” style aka raw, so will not fit every team but for the teams it does it will very quickly put you into a good position and help you sweep through their team. This is currently the fastest monster (81%) with repulse, opening up some great potential, as well as the unique execute move being very effective. This may change tier once we know better, but I am quite adamant about its strength.

Maggatsuoh goes in at A+ for general and A+ for PvP, with two immunities and fast sweeping moves this monster is a great sweeper. There is some very interesting combo potential with toxic conversion and Maggatoids which may push this up to S in general but we’ll see what’s possible with time. The only thing truly holding the monster back is the speed, which makes it slightly less impactful in PvP but far more balanced than it would be with higher speed!

Pumpking goes in at B for general and A for PvP, with a fast poison eater, sleep immunity and 58% speed this monster is a surprisingly good sweeper. It’s also one of the few poison monsters that can be effective in PvE, but suffers because it is a little awkward to set up and kills itself with bloodcrave if you don’t keep poisoning the enemies. It fits best into PvP where poison strategies work well and it can be one of the fastest poison monsters that can sweep quickly and consistently.

Movements:
(first 10 gained buffs in a recent update see here)
Bahamuzar moves from C -> C+ in general and C+ -> B+ in PvP, a huge buff to the secret skill has made this monster have a massive impact on its first turn and with tanky stats + shield it’s harder to stop than you’d think. This affects PvP most where throw strategies are more viable.
Regalion moves from B+ -> A in PvP, a huge overhaul to the active skills has made this monster much easier to use effectively. It’s true strength still comes from the passives but it’s now far harder to kill, a huge weakness before. In hindsight I should’ve rated this lower before but the teams which used it were very well made so that messed with my perspective.
Tezcatlipoca moves from C+ -> B in general and C -> B in PvP, with a huge speed buff this is now actually possible to use. Still not great, but there is reasonable potential. It’s not reliable so I would personally not recommend it.
Abyssraider moves from A -> B+ in general and S -> A in PvP, with the Nereida combo nerfed Abyss’ one claim to fame is gone. It can still be performed in PvE by skipping and in PvP you can use Freezecobra’s auto-poison all to get a quick detox blast off but the combo potential for Abyss has been hit harshly.
Magmarinus moves from S+ -> S in general, with a nerf to repent Magma is no longer giving you everything in one package. It’s still S+ for PvP but on the lower end now and definitely not one you want for every team because of the random targeting.
Oniblade moves from C -> A+ in general and C+ -> A+ in PvP, a second OoO was exactly what this needed to jump straight back into the game at a high level. It’s susceptible to counters but there are a large number of combos that work brutally with it. It would be a little higher for PvE if it didn’t require specific monsters for the combos.
Motordragon moves from D -> C in general and C+ -> B in PvP, after being nerfed to extinction Motor has made a slight comeback with the SS. Unfortunately shells aren’t the best thing in the world so it’s still outclassed by a lot of other monsters.
Serapheon moves from C -> B in general and C -> C+ in PvP, an incredibly useful secret skill which only adds one cost has helped boost this up a little. It’s still trumped by many of the better support options available.
Soulstealer moves from S -> S+ in general, with a perfect secret skill that only adds +1 cost this monster got a huge buff. However, it’s reasonably tricky to use in PvP because of all the stronger and faster monsters around these days so I’m hesitant to improve its tier without proper evidence.
Drakozord Z moves from B+ -> A in general, an incredible 1TU link stun flash makes this monster have a huge impact very early because of its high speed. I haven’t increased it in PvP because it is already A+ tier and stun isn’t quite so reliable in PvP. However, it definitely moved more to the top end of A+ tier and may perform perfectly in link storm teams.
Jaguardian moves from A+ -> S in PvP, now tried and tested… the stun immunity, good speed and double retribution proves a very powerful combination plus a fast sweeping move easily gets this among the top tier of sweepers.
Dolpheonix moves from S -> A+ in general and A+ -> A in PvP, with more and more monsters having protection from stun this isn’t quite as effective as it has the potential for. Additionally, it has no defensive passives. Its high speed means it remains very good.
The Penguinator moves from S -> A+ in general and S+ -> S in PvP, too easily countered and not always giving you the sweeping damage you want is making this monster slowly comparatively worse compared to other monsters, especially when you consider the combos they can be a part of.

4 Likes

Thanks for all that effort. Nice update. Lol at Nulltron S+ hahaha. Would have been better to hold back two weeks. The upcoming PvP will give him and Nova a more accurate picture. But it’s not my list.

Honestly though awesome effort and much appreciated. I agree with Doomengine for the most part. Although his SS helps a bit more for PvP, overall though not particularly viable. I haven’t bothered unlocking my Drako’s SS yet. Aegis is an epic monster. Would love to have one.

Can’t way to see how people use the New releases including the Halloween ones this PvP.

I wondered if you’d be the first to comment about Nulltron :wink:

To make things a lot easier on my end (each update already takes hours) I put the monsters in close to where they will finally settle. You can see with Jaguardian I put it A+ for PvP with the comment it will probably be S. People said to increase it to S but I held back until it had seen some PvP, and have now moved it to S.

Nulltron is S+ but may move to S if it isn’t as powerful as I hoped. The PvP tiers take combos into account a little more as well as team building, so I’m assuming it’s being put into a team where it will perform properly or maybe being used in an interesting way. One thing that convinced me to put it S+ for now is that Tygoron is up in S+. Nulltron has more potential than Tygoron, even if it isn’t as easy to use, so in theory should be S+. I hope it doesn’t let me down!

Novadrake is definitely one that may get moved. I’ve tried him out a fair bit and still can’t get the measure of him. I reckon I’ll need to bite the bullet and try to make a somewhat viable link shadow team during this next PvP to see how well he does.

I’m glad to see you agreeing mostly about Doomengine. I have no doubt that as you rise through the ranks of PvP you’ll see how hopeless he becomes. Anything with slow speed better have some crazy control/sweeping otherwise it’s letting your team down… that’s the way it is at the top level. Monsters with stun immunity or shield/HG can sometimes get away with slow speed because they’re not so easy to kill/disable before their turn.

There were many secret skills added this time that barely affected the positions of monsters. It felt weird to review. I absolutely love Revenarchion’s secret skill but when I came to boost it in PvE I found it was already S+ haha seems a shame to not be able to display just how much it’s been improved!

Nova will be dropping. I bet he is rarely seen at all

I just thought it was funny. Glad I didn’t let you down with being the first one to reply about Null😉 offcourse it’s rated with team building in mind and having the right support monsters. S+ PvP and S PvE? well time will tell. Hopefully high end players will report back how he performs for them. Same with Nova. I was a bit more surprised with the high PvE rating you gave Null to be honest. His repulse and stun pulse has helped in some battles against the AI, but I’ve probably had more success with my 4 star cloning Ninja in PvE. For me he is B+ PvE hopefully others can utilize him more.

I don’t really use Doomengine in pvp, but thought he might go up one level with a lower TU requirement single attack SS. But if anything he probably only moved up within the same tier for PvP. So on second thought you are right for keeping him in the same tier as before.

Thanks again for your hard work👍
Edit:
I had another look at your list and notice you got Onigeist S and Leogiest A For PvP? Surely they are better than that! Onigeist is S+ right?
@Killerdog