OLD Tier List

The new SE volcaiga is not S+ ,
I repeat not S+,
It’s a better version of blitzdragon,
I don’t or never go into in depth details regarding a SE ,
But putting it into s+ , naah !!!

First of all, given its in egg (very laughable by Devs) is funny enough that people might roll & get it,
Only ppl Rolling for this egg (no top, mid level players ) are who’ll need geo or dolphin.

Second; given its 56 speed, it’s olrite not too fast but not too slow either.
In battle I can’t tell what’s its damage is like , so we cannot just assume what tier it belongs to,
Yea tactical retreat is good but will it survive or does it matter given there are lot of stun counter/convertor legends , stun immune ones included ,
Even if it’s confident strike has decent damage , reducing it ls hp is the best case scenario,
You see as example, like ankou, I kill it at FL & I will keep on killing it until I wipe out the whole team. So volcaiga is useless with its tactical retreat , it won’t matter.
Only 2 things matter with its moveset, strike & it’s stunning entrance gimmick. It’s best at B tier
Plus there are much better options for a limited SE :joy::joy::joy:

And I would like to recommend arch (rhino -island challenge featured SE ) should be A or A+
It one shots thunder element legends but other elements is very questionable.
Like it couldn’t one shot cyclo which has low defence , left cyclo at 25-30% hp.
I agree with attack boost it will one shot most of the legends , but I would like to mention, with high octane speed involved in PvP, wasting 42 seconds on attack boost is rather mistake coz at FL you need to have control over the match .

I hope you’ll understand :slight_smile:

1 Like

As someone who has one of the biggest legend pools in this game and regularly tries to use odd monsters the following monsters are too high:

ashterios (fire just doesn’t have enough support past Shiva)
Tricranium (no way he’s higher than gryph)
Tezca (even with perfect set up, not as useful as anything in the tier below it, even with the passive)
Geartyrant (too hard to sustain)
Kattmander (lol wut, possibly one of the worst legends)
Nox (see above, but free so he has an excuse)
Soulstealer (absolutely unusable nowadays)

These guys need to be higher:

Ultimadragon (so versatile)
Auro (anyone who rage quit against me last pvp knows)
All 3 APs (poison is everywhere)
icefang (see everything @Yakuza said)
Shadowyrm (everyone runs something it can kill in FL)
Stag (stops so many new monsters in their tracks)
Skeleviathan (the number 1 player last pvp absolutely wrecked everyone bitching about skeleviathan being weak with a skeleviathan FL. Respect the game)

My 2 cents for now

4 Likes

If you give it a try in the test battle you’ll see what the damage is like. For easier reference, it’s got basically the same attack stat as Valzareign… so they do very similar damage. I know that for PvP it really depends on how common stun converter/counter monsters are in there. The more they are, the more stunning entrance becomes a risk on monsters and one like this can be a negative on your team. Volcaiga has a lot more to offer than I think you give it credit for. It deals incredibly high damage at 100TU with stunning entrance and okay speed then if it ever drops low on health it has a great healing move or can attack boost to be ready with killing damage again in 50s. I’ll be open to dropping the tier it’s in by one if it doesn’t prove to be as effective as it looks. Hopefully we’ll see it around so we can all get a better idea. I definitely get the feeling you’re expecting the damage to be low, which it is not.

As for Archa it doesn’t deal one-shot damage without the attack boost. With regards to what you say about Cyclo… remember that it ignores their defence so it literally just matters about their HP. It does roughly 3000 damage which means it will one-shot all storm monsters without attack boost but otherwise just do heavy damage. With attack boost it becomes 3750, enough to one-shot fast legendaries (80%+) and all super epics. It’s not as impressive as people would like and the 200TU is very limiting but the link accelerate team is brilliant and the high speed + hold ground makes it tough to avoid getting hit by. He’s an excellent counter for Drako (in the mid-game?) or for Stratustrike in the front line, which is why a couple were keen to have him rated high.

To write this post I just went to properly test the damage numbers. I thought it was more like 3300 damage and 4100 with attack boost, which would mean he’d one-shot a lot more legendaries once attack boost had been done. I will make him drop a tier for this reason. He’s a nicely balanced super epic with some good things to offer but not one of the best. Thanks for spurring me to properly check the damage. Also, yeah I totally agree about the annoying need for the attack boost slowing him down and definitely not a good thing for PvP but he is a super epic after all so I wouldn’t expect him to come in sweeping at 90% speed.

@NMEGaryOak
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot. Just picking out some bits:

• Kattmmander and Tezca both received very big buffs in the recent update. I tried my best to rate them as brand new monsters (putting aside all old bias). They actually have some potential now as fast sweepers but Kattmmander does have a distinct lack of passives.
  • Tricranium is a personal favourite. I think stun immunity + payback revenge has huge potential plus he’s a nightmare to kill with that shielding. People are very harsh to him because of the lack of high damage but I get the impression most either build around him too much or expect him to do more than he does. A common comment is “he spends his whole time making rockoids” and that makes me think they’re using him in throw teams and turning him into some kind of support monster rather than using him for damage and being a scary threat.
  • Stag / Skele, B+ in my tier list is still counted as very good. To give you an idea, Emeraldont was S+ in the old tier list and I basically knocked him down 1-2 tiers from his old position. With the overhaul things just look quite a bit different to before. So yes both these monsters are good and can be great in teams but I don’t rank them above the ones in higher tiers.

I didn’t want to put blanket classifications on the tiers but you can think of the bottom ones like this (for PvP):
B+ = Very good monsters with a lot to offer but don’t match up to the ones above in terms of the value.
B = Good monsters which can perform nicely and work well even in top tier teams but need the right setting to add great value.
C+ = Can perform nicely and be crucial to some teams but typically much worse than what you can get from other monsters or too situational/slow.
C = Typically outdated or don’t work well in PvP / as they should from the design.
D = Don’t work well in PvP setting. You’re better off going with others and forming a good strategy.

I’m sure that I’ll make small adjustments to a few of the monsters. There are ones I’ve marked as at the top or bottom of their tier they’re in.

So you’re telling me that Kattmander is better than Autopoisoners in PvP?

1 Like

I feel like I’m putting my head in a chopping block… yes.

I will never roll for Kattmmander but its ability to set up a ~50TU (when potted to +5) sweeping move only 150s from entry into the battle (30+1+50+50+20) is something which has to be alright. The moves to get there are okay, not brilliant, and the lack of passives is stopping him from being amazing but he’s nowhere near as bad as he was.

I haven’t heard from u in years. So keep it that way. If u got something to say to me than come to line. I’ll be glad to cuss u out again there :sweat_smile:

:joy::joy::joy:.

Havnt really gone through the lists yet but Skeleviathan is a top PvP mon. Even before he received his (unneeded) speed buff last update.

As unimpressive as his move set is he does his job as well as any legend in the game

Fastest protector in the game
Highest defence in game
Can’t be knocked back (which is perfect when paired with slayerbane or retribution monsters magma, angel, Fox, prisma, gyo ect ect)
His SS and passive messup sleep FLs, stratus gets death sentance, jackal can’t remove himself.
Can heal himself easily.
I’ve had him survive 3 protector killers from legends (shadow x2, cyclo x1) when his protect is up.

Skele for tier A, Tier B is fake news!

5 Likes

I agree. I think every leg protector expected turtle and grovo should be an A

Just notice Bitterbeast is S+ whereas water flutterdrake is S or lower. I disagree.

My opinion on what should be changed on your list with the current meta.

Stag, skele, icefang, auro, shadow, kami and doom are all better than their current tiers.

Tricranium, bovol, tezca, ash, polaboss, kattmander and nox are all well above where they should be, especially nox, ash and katt.

Was glad to see Deathgazer getting some love though, very underrated monster that isn’t in as many teams as he should be.

2 Likes

Appreciate the effort on the list KD, I would like to note that I assume this list is more for the newer players that dont quite understand the game and what certain monsters are capable of compared to the experienced players. So when u rank the legendaries with consideration of their combos it would be nice to note an example of the combos they excel in, that way there would be a greater understanding of why their ranked the way they are.

1 Like

He just thinks hes a god, best thing to do is to ignore :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can say that gryph is higher than tricranium, i have both and I use them both frequently. But tricranium doesn’t just give enough compared to gryph

1 Like

@Saul1417 suggested this before, but the thing tricranium and all other mortar monsters need is a way to do damage when they aren’t loaded. Damaging mortar moves should be able to do 1hp damage if they aren’t loaded, this would make them all a lot more useable independent of one another

Yeah I can’t remember what thread I put it on but it would make such a difference. Being able to use a move just to deal 1tu to finish an enemy off hold ground or to break stealth/shield or even to just pass time would help them out so much as not one of them can do anything at all unless loaded and 130tu is quite for something that HAS to be used before anything else

2 Likes

No need to get vulgar or personal, calling you a hypocrite isn’t an insult, but rather an observation.
Also how does ‘cussing me out’ do you any good? It literally proves nothing nor does it fix your morally unjust behaviour.

UPDATE
Since there are over 120 legendaries it was hard to redo this tier list swiftly. I did the PvP legendary list in about 4 hours, which is roughly 2 minutes per monster. There are quite a few adjustments I’d like to make, especially with some of the extra info I’ve got about certain legendaries. I have a feeling people will be a little happier after some of these adjustments! I’ve also added a “notes” section to this post to highlight some information about certain legendaries and their placings (pretty much quoted from a particular conversation I had).

Notes:

Elephantom will be ranked once we play around with him. I’d quite like some input from people to hear what we all think of him.

Metatherion is B tier, lower than some others thought he would be. I got a chance to test him extensively this PvP event and have to say that he’s brilliant when used alongside a TT and other good monsters but otherwise he struggles to do much. He’s tanky but he’s simply too slow with both his speed and moves to add value to your team by himself. The secret skill is far more useful than I expected, even for unusual things like removing sleep from an enemy so you can refresh it. Meta is one of those monsters that can do great things in certain circumstances but he’s B because he’s so reliant on a TT.

Sanctallion / Cryokaizer are both hated for their super epic moveset but can do 2500-3000 damage to all opponents when running a link team which is often forgotten. However, what makes them ranked as high as A is because they have huge versatility. They can heal allies, deal heavy damage to a single target or multiple targets and can serve as a good teammate to cannibalise/backstab for a stun revenge because they can clone themselves first. In PvE these monsters focus on the cloning and get hits where they can but in PvP you use them based on the situation, usually for damage or healing. I found that a great way to use them was to attack boost, hit all then cannibalise them (taking out stun protection with their attack).

Tricranium was put a bit higher than it should’ve been. I went through the monsters in element order and alphabetical within each element. Earth was first and Tricranium was near the end of it. I had no earth monsters in S+ and felt like he had the most to offer. I thought about moving him down later on but never did. His damage is annoyingly low so it makes it hard to put him high but stun immunity + payback revenge is super strong along with the fact he regularly shields himself and does regular damage. I feel like his best place is alongside a team that is already strong, much like where Magmarinus should get placed. Without poison in your team he can be a nightmare to kill and soak up lots of your time when you do want to take him out. You could simply leave him, but alongside a strong team he can give the damage support they need to get through your monsters. I will put him A+ until I’ve seen him more in practice but in theory I think he’s borderline A+/S.

Gryphking is a great monster and I think is well placed in A+. The two lots of double give turn in rapid succession is excellent plus it’s not restricted so can be used with a TT monster. Therefore, it has the potential to cause huge destruction but requires a charged sweeper, a stun absorber/counter and possibly a TT. Without those things you either won’t do much with the give turns or you’ll get put into a terrible position. I’m generally not a big fan of give turns anyway (or TTs much) because they can leave you very open afterwards as your monsters are on high TU. They need to be used well or else a strong opposing team will simply take control afterwards and win. I have seen people have some great success with it but I haven’t seen it reaching the level which S and S+ monsters do. I feel like Gryph kinda gets hyped because it can feel great to sweep through loads of monsters in rapid succession and when it pays off it can win you the match. I personally build my teams so they’re very adaptable and the opponent can’t use a TT to kill off particular monsters then leave me with nothing to fight with. I find that’s often the best way and I always abuse those players who use many stun absorbers or monsters that can’t deal much damage (which is most players to be honest).

Triviathan was hated at release but got a decent buff. However, his lack of a good combo and the huge recoil from raw double bloodcrave (which I only just found out about) makes him far worse than the A+ I gave him. In hindsight I think B+/A borderline would’ve been best for him but with the new info he’ll be B. I forgot to mention it recently but the thing which people are missing on Triviathan is his FL combo with Zhulong/Tenebris (which I actually wrote about when originally asking for a buff). With his 67% speed, identical to Zhulong, you can use them both in your front line and fit him into a link shadow team. Here you could stealth him then immediately double sneak attack and from there you have a 100TU double sweeping move or you could do the opposite where you do link water and set up Zhulong. I’m sure people could play around with front lines like that and find some good things. However, since the recoil from raw double bloodcrave is 4x what I thought, he’s much worse than I hoped. I figured you just needed one kill then you never needed stealth on him again but sadly it’s the opposite… raw double bloodcrave is just the one to use when you’re in a tight spot. For the effort it takes to build around him and charge the blood move that doesn’t seem to be a big enough payoff. I mean unless they start giving water a reason to be stealthed then Trivia is all about charging the 100TU double sweeping move then using that over and over, which isn’t what it can currently do.

Tezcacoatl is up at S tier and I’m not surprised people asked me about this one. He’s a very unusual monster that not many people use. Here’s a link to the recent changes he had: Complete list of buff/nerf update on monsters, I recommend you take a look. He’s now been made MUCH faster with consume being 30TU and his single-target move being sped up to 70TU. For reference, the damage is roughly 1k * charges. So do 4 charges and you’ve got a 70TU sweeping move for killing the vast majority of monsters in PvP. In the tier list I gave a bit more favour to fast sweepers because I feel like that’s where the meta is heading and the ones which are either hard to kill or hard to deal with fit this meta very well. Tezca’s gravity field is excellent, especially because he’s very easy to keep alive. Tezca takes a little while to get going and needs rockoids from other places but for that charging time he’s hard to kill and, once going, can become a great sweeper. He might prove too awkward to use but I think he has great potential to be part of top teams, especially once more good earth monsters come to the game (currently the element with fewest legendaries). Devastate has potential combos with desperate monsters, overwatch monsters and Shivadragon that might be brutal once they’re explored… maybe pushing this up to S+ in the future.

Additions:
Megaiasloth goes in at - for general and - for pvp, (will be added in a new post tomorrow)

Movements:
Tricranium moves from S+ -> A+ in PvP, see above for details.
Hellfox moves from S -> A+ in PvP, other monsters simply offer more to the team than this can. It is great but won’t rank higher unless retribution monsters make a comeback.
Prismaryx moves from S -> S+ in PvP, with the rise of link holy as a strong team (currently the strongest link team) the secret skill has turned this into a powerhouse without too much downside.
Heavenswyrm moves from A+ -> S+ in PvP, after some testing and the current strength of link holy I’ve found this monster to have an incredibly versatile and strong moveset. This monster fits beautifully into any link holy team as one of the top monsters and is still a good monster outside of link holy.
Noxdragon moves from A+ -> A in PvP, while being a great monster with the hold ground, instant overwatch and assisted moves plus a 70TU sweeping move it is unfortunately too situational to be as high as A+. This monster has a lot to offer to the right team but it relies so heavily on link.
Triviathan moves from A+ -> B in PvP, see above for details.
Valzareign moves from A+ -> S in PvP, stun is still around loads so this is adding huge value. If stun goes out of the meta this monster will drop down probably a couple of tiers.
Emeraldeus moves from A -> B+ in PvP, sadly link double retribution is weaker than I thought so it has the typical problem of many older sweepers where they’re quite hard to charge quickly.
Wraithcaptain moves from A -> A+ in PvP, dreamy entrance is very powerful plus sleep double on first turn takes control of the match quite nicely. Unlike other cloning monsters this can do a lot by itself and only clone as an additional boost if you have time (which the sleep lock allows).
Revenarchion moves from B+ -> B in PvP, unfortunately it’s too hard to get value from this right now in the top bracket. Timestrike isn’t reliable enough for a kill and lining up an attack on hold ground is too hard when the lowest TU move is 100. Albakhan is a good comparison of a monster that’s better (which is in B+).
Aurodragon moves from B -> B+ in PvP, much worse in PvP but when built around is still good, especially in link holy teams where stealth on top of shields, hold ground and healing can be brutal.

You might notice that there are many holy monsters going up the tiers. That’s not because of the link holy teams that were common this recent PvP, it’s because when I did the original ranking I was overly harsh on holy monsters because I knew already that they’re the best element right now and I didn’t want to put them all up high. I overcompensated in some cases by putting them lower than they should’ve been, especially with Aurodragon because I LOVE it for PvE and didn’t want that bias coming through.

4 Likes

Great insight , and I agree with prismaryx & heaven tier rank. :grin::grin::sunglasses: I couldn’t be more happier to see them both go high as I use them :joy::joy:

Thank you. This list update is a lot better. I agree with everything expected fox is still S rank. But i can live with him being A rank. It’s not that big of deal