OLD Tier List

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.12 which you can see here. This post will cover the movement with regards to these changes. Most of the changes have not made monsters move in the tier list so I’ve put them in this notes section. This is not comprehensive, but notes most of the changes.

Nagandia got lower TU moves that help with its use but it is generally weaker than other mythics so not moving.
Arachnodrake got a lovely TU reduction to the SS which makes it now actually good but still very awkward to use.
Aethereon had the passive changed so now it can be used very effectively with stun absorbers but cannot pull off the combo of using metempsychosis on a stun revenge/entrance monster to keep giving turns to friendly stun counter/converter monsters. Overall, I believe this is a nerf but it’s not a major one and I’m not moving Aethereon in either list.
Scorpiogeist has been somewhat balanced with lower speed but still S+.
Astrogolem has lower TU stun mortar so the move is a lot more viable but is not significant enough to improve Astro’s tier.
Regalion got seal upgraded to improve its obvious combo potential with Aethereon, but its tier position is not changing.
Mojinator has finally had the TU reduced, a welcome change.
Dolphreeze and Dolphoenix had their combo nerfed a bit but I think their tier positions are fine.
Bomboid had damage nerfed and cost increased.
Thlugs had zealous attack changed to hit all, which should nerf them quite a bit, but I’d like to see how they perform before making changes.
Various 1st and 2nd forms of monsters had nerfs, which is not reflected in the tiers except for mythic (which had no nerfs).

Overwatch in general was altered so it no longer gets triggered by poison ticks. You still can’t overwatch poisoned monsters though. This is a nerf AND a buff, depending on how you look at it. Personally I feel it’s a nerf overall.

The nerfs: It gives complete control to the opposing team for when the overwatch gets triggered. If a monster like Bitterbeast is stunned out of play but has overwatch on it then it will no longer get brought back into play by getting poisoned unexpectedly (e.g. poison gas, poison revenge, toxic entrance). Additionally, it is no longer possible to use inspire / overwatch then use entrance control to bring in something that poisons your team. This is most likely the reason for the change, to stop Leogeist giving turns in the front line at high speed to slow monsters.

The buff: If an overwatched monster has HG and a nasty move when put onto low health it now sometimes takes an additional hit to kill when using poison. Previously it was possible to poison the monster and simultaneously trigger their overwatch (they can’t reapply overwatch) then you hit the monster to HG and it dies to poison. Now after poisoning the monster you need to do a little hit to trigger the overwatch before then hitting it to HG. Note: This only really matters for overwatch monsters with “desperate” moves and if the tool for poisoning them doesn’t also do damage (e.g. poison gas). If you’re using something like poison touch then it makes almost no difference.

Movements:

These are all with respect to the changes in version 2.12.

Sarcrosphinx moves from B -> A in general and B -> B+ in PvP, with hellfire mortar double now one-shotting practically everything this has become a much more potent damage dealer instead of primarily support.
Tricranium moves from A -> A+ in general and A+ -> S+ in PvP, with +50% damage to hellfire more double this monster has become one of the most aggressive monsters for PvP with 80TU double sweeping that also shields itself and has stun immunity. It’s the only mortar monster so far that can come in swinging quickly (30TU load) and with the addition of 0 cost Boxjaw and some special rocks that are viable it is very easy to put some things at the end of your team to let Tricra swing a bit before thinking about creating rocks. Since it is double sweeping you may even decide to throw team members to clear through the enemy team trading well. Tricra has no weaknesses besides payback killer, which rarely comes up in PvP.
Sunlord moves from B -> B+ in general, the boost in damage to hellblast mortar makes this a far more effective damage dealer for the early-game, albeit still a bit slow.