OLD Tier List

UPDATE
Since there are over 120 legendaries it was hard to redo this tier list swiftly. I did the PvP legendary list in about 4 hours, which is roughly 2 minutes per monster. There are quite a few adjustments I’d like to make, especially with some of the extra info I’ve got about certain legendaries. I have a feeling people will be a little happier after some of these adjustments! I’ve also added a “notes” section to this post to highlight some information about certain legendaries and their placings (pretty much quoted from a particular conversation I had).

Notes:

Elephantom will be ranked once we play around with him. I’d quite like some input from people to hear what we all think of him.

Metatherion is B tier, lower than some others thought he would be. I got a chance to test him extensively this PvP event and have to say that he’s brilliant when used alongside a TT and other good monsters but otherwise he struggles to do much. He’s tanky but he’s simply too slow with both his speed and moves to add value to your team by himself. The secret skill is far more useful than I expected, even for unusual things like removing sleep from an enemy so you can refresh it. Meta is one of those monsters that can do great things in certain circumstances but he’s B because he’s so reliant on a TT.

Sanctallion / Cryokaizer are both hated for their super epic moveset but can do 2500-3000 damage to all opponents when running a link team which is often forgotten. However, what makes them ranked as high as A is because they have huge versatility. They can heal allies, deal heavy damage to a single target or multiple targets and can serve as a good teammate to cannibalise/backstab for a stun revenge because they can clone themselves first. In PvE these monsters focus on the cloning and get hits where they can but in PvP you use them based on the situation, usually for damage or healing. I found that a great way to use them was to attack boost, hit all then cannibalise them (taking out stun protection with their attack).

Tricranium was put a bit higher than it should’ve been. I went through the monsters in element order and alphabetical within each element. Earth was first and Tricranium was near the end of it. I had no earth monsters in S+ and felt like he had the most to offer. I thought about moving him down later on but never did. His damage is annoyingly low so it makes it hard to put him high but stun immunity + payback revenge is super strong along with the fact he regularly shields himself and does regular damage. I feel like his best place is alongside a team that is already strong, much like where Magmarinus should get placed. Without poison in your team he can be a nightmare to kill and soak up lots of your time when you do want to take him out. You could simply leave him, but alongside a strong team he can give the damage support they need to get through your monsters. I will put him A+ until I’ve seen him more in practice but in theory I think he’s borderline A+/S.

Gryphking is a great monster and I think is well placed in A+. The two lots of double give turn in rapid succession is excellent plus it’s not restricted so can be used with a TT monster. Therefore, it has the potential to cause huge destruction but requires a charged sweeper, a stun absorber/counter and possibly a TT. Without those things you either won’t do much with the give turns or you’ll get put into a terrible position. I’m generally not a big fan of give turns anyway (or TTs much) because they can leave you very open afterwards as your monsters are on high TU. They need to be used well or else a strong opposing team will simply take control afterwards and win. I have seen people have some great success with it but I haven’t seen it reaching the level which S and S+ monsters do. I feel like Gryph kinda gets hyped because it can feel great to sweep through loads of monsters in rapid succession and when it pays off it can win you the match. I personally build my teams so they’re very adaptable and the opponent can’t use a TT to kill off particular monsters then leave me with nothing to fight with. I find that’s often the best way and I always abuse those players who use many stun absorbers or monsters that can’t deal much damage (which is most players to be honest).

Triviathan was hated at release but got a decent buff. However, his lack of a good combo and the huge recoil from raw double bloodcrave (which I only just found out about) makes him far worse than the A+ I gave him. In hindsight I think B+/A borderline would’ve been best for him but with the new info he’ll be B. I forgot to mention it recently but the thing which people are missing on Triviathan is his FL combo with Zhulong/Tenebris (which I actually wrote about when originally asking for a buff). With his 67% speed, identical to Zhulong, you can use them both in your front line and fit him into a link shadow team. Here you could stealth him then immediately double sneak attack and from there you have a 100TU double sweeping move or you could do the opposite where you do link water and set up Zhulong. I’m sure people could play around with front lines like that and find some good things. However, since the recoil from raw double bloodcrave is 4x what I thought, he’s much worse than I hoped. I figured you just needed one kill then you never needed stealth on him again but sadly it’s the opposite… raw double bloodcrave is just the one to use when you’re in a tight spot. For the effort it takes to build around him and charge the blood move that doesn’t seem to be a big enough payoff. I mean unless they start giving water a reason to be stealthed then Trivia is all about charging the 100TU double sweeping move then using that over and over, which isn’t what it can currently do.

Tezcacoatl is up at S tier and I’m not surprised people asked me about this one. He’s a very unusual monster that not many people use. Here’s a link to the recent changes he had: Complete list of buff/nerf update on monsters, I recommend you take a look. He’s now been made MUCH faster with consume being 30TU and his single-target move being sped up to 70TU. For reference, the damage is roughly 1k * charges. So do 4 charges and you’ve got a 70TU sweeping move for killing the vast majority of monsters in PvP. In the tier list I gave a bit more favour to fast sweepers because I feel like that’s where the meta is heading and the ones which are either hard to kill or hard to deal with fit this meta very well. Tezca’s gravity field is excellent, especially because he’s very easy to keep alive. Tezca takes a little while to get going and needs rockoids from other places but for that charging time he’s hard to kill and, once going, can become a great sweeper. He might prove too awkward to use but I think he has great potential to be part of top teams, especially once more good earth monsters come to the game (currently the element with fewest legendaries). Devastate has potential combos with desperate monsters, overwatch monsters and Shivadragon that might be brutal once they’re explored… maybe pushing this up to S+ in the future.

Additions:
Megaiasloth goes in at - for general and - for pvp, (will be added in a new post tomorrow)

Movements:
Tricranium moves from S+ -> A+ in PvP, see above for details.
Hellfox moves from S -> A+ in PvP, other monsters simply offer more to the team than this can. It is great but won’t rank higher unless retribution monsters make a comeback.
Prismaryx moves from S -> S+ in PvP, with the rise of link holy as a strong team (currently the strongest link team) the secret skill has turned this into a powerhouse without too much downside.
Heavenswyrm moves from A+ -> S+ in PvP, after some testing and the current strength of link holy I’ve found this monster to have an incredibly versatile and strong moveset. This monster fits beautifully into any link holy team as one of the top monsters and is still a good monster outside of link holy.
Noxdragon moves from A+ -> A in PvP, while being a great monster with the hold ground, instant overwatch and assisted moves plus a 70TU sweeping move it is unfortunately too situational to be as high as A+. This monster has a lot to offer to the right team but it relies so heavily on link.
Triviathan moves from A+ -> B in PvP, see above for details.
Valzareign moves from A+ -> S in PvP, stun is still around loads so this is adding huge value. If stun goes out of the meta this monster will drop down probably a couple of tiers.
Emeraldeus moves from A -> B+ in PvP, sadly link double retribution is weaker than I thought so it has the typical problem of many older sweepers where they’re quite hard to charge quickly.
Wraithcaptain moves from A -> A+ in PvP, dreamy entrance is very powerful plus sleep double on first turn takes control of the match quite nicely. Unlike other cloning monsters this can do a lot by itself and only clone as an additional boost if you have time (which the sleep lock allows).
Revenarchion moves from B+ -> B in PvP, unfortunately it’s too hard to get value from this right now in the top bracket. Timestrike isn’t reliable enough for a kill and lining up an attack on hold ground is too hard when the lowest TU move is 100. Albakhan is a good comparison of a monster that’s better (which is in B+).
Aurodragon moves from B -> B+ in PvP, much worse in PvP but when built around is still good, especially in link holy teams where stealth on top of shields, hold ground and healing can be brutal.

You might notice that there are many holy monsters going up the tiers. That’s not because of the link holy teams that were common this recent PvP, it’s because when I did the original ranking I was overly harsh on holy monsters because I knew already that they’re the best element right now and I didn’t want to put them all up high. I overcompensated in some cases by putting them lower than they should’ve been, especially with Aurodragon because I LOVE it for PvE and didn’t want that bias coming through.

4 Likes