OLD Tier List

Dusicyon is definitely s+, even when the opponent tries to dela with him, he still wastes a ton of the enemy’s time with leech. I’ve had people literally bash him for 8 moves before they managed to get him killed(needless to say, I won that game.)

Magma is used to pair with confidence strikers. NO need for its random attacks.

He ignore hg monsters and as i said. The fact he can one shot any monster in under 30 sec is ridiculous. He S rank. Play against star lord or lochi setup with him and you will see first hand

He one shot at 30 tu and ignore HG only on monster with 15% hp or less… overwatch will still be triggered

I just remembered Magma’s secret skill… 50TU double slayerbane (which you can choose the targets). Okay so this is what makes it really good actually, because it’s got stun immunity, hold ground and high speed. That move is incredibly hard to avoid which gives it immediate value then it continues to sweep at high speed. The lack of control is a big issue and why it won’t be as good as others but it’s probably S rating (what Buckingham originally said).

1 Like

What’s Mega?

what surprises me is that motor and tinker are still S+ oh well

1 Like

So with the latest PvP season coming to a close, would it be a suitable time to update the list?

The list has not been updated

From my memory buck no longer does them no idea who took over

I’ve agreed to take over, I’ll get on it sometime soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sweet good luck

Nice ill be waiting @Killerdog

Killerdog will indeed be taking over the list, he has full reign as well so expect some changes to come :wink:

I’ll sort out transferring the thread itself when I can, most likely killer will make a new one and paste over the list from here, then we can pin it and get rid of this one. Will lose the previous discussions but provided it’s up to date that should be fine.

Full reign hehe yeah it’s getting a few changes. It’ll get redone 100%, all SE and legendary lists with reasoning put too.

I’ll let you know about what we need to do for the transfer when I’m available to actually redo it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’ve finally done a complete overhaul of this thread. The original post is completely re-written but in a similar style to before, so you may not notice all the differences but please read through the first sections before jumping straight to the tier lists. Everything is now alphabetically ordered so it should be easier to find any particular legendaries you’re looking for. If you can’t spot them quickly you’re probably over/under valuing them :wink:

There are way too many changes to the tier lists for me to note them all. Instead what I’ll do is just note the interesting ones or the most drastic movements (edit: this turned out to be a lot anyway). I know that some of these are controversial and I welcome discussion but please do not get angry or heated. I am happy to go into detail about the position of any monster in any tier list and especially right now because it’s all fresh in my mind.

Buckingham had averaged the monsters around B+ to A for general and A to A+ for PvP, while barely using the breadth of the tiers. There are 9 tiers in total, with the middle being B+, so I tried my best to use them all to distinguish between the monsters. I averaged around B+ to A for legendaries and B+ (perfect) for super epics. Due to the overall high tier ratings which Buckingham did, especially for PvP, you can expect many things to be lower. This is especially true for older legendaries which are comparatively weaker than newer ones.

What I want to be very clear about is that many of the “lower tier” monsters are actually usable and good in the right teams so please don’t freak out when you see something in a low tier that you find good. Things are all in comparison to the other monsters available and in some cases I’ve been particularly harsh on monsters which do a particular thing (e.g. sweeping) but they’re far worse than other monsters which do that particular thing too. In these cases they may be very effective and add lots to a team but the fact they’re outclassed so much means that, comparatively, they are terrible. A great example of this is Burnsalot that can be directly compared with a number of monsters who double sweep or heal themselves quickly and it is simply outclassed by too many.

Legendary changes
  1. Dragaia and The Godfeather: (general S+ -> A)
    I’m sure many of you would’ve expected their general “S+” rating to drop. They were above every other legendary in the game and simply because they were so overpowered when this game first came out. There are way too many “problem monsters” they can encounter now.

2. Icefang: (general A+ -> C, PvP A -> B)
    I’ve always felt this guy is overrated and overused. Assassinate doesn’t do enough damage for PvE and he’s flimsy. He’s almost like a weaker Galvbane and is only good under certain circumstances. I’ve been harsh to him in the general rating because there are so many better sweepers.

3. Serapheon / Solariel: (general A+ -> C, PvP B+ -> C)
    These are terribly outdated now. Give turn really isn’t what it used to be now that so many monsters can deal great damage without an awkward set up first.

4. Shadowyrm / Kamiwyrm: (general A -> C, PvP S/B -> B/C)
    These are way too situational and there are so many better sweepers nowadays, even with stun immunity. Shadowyrm still remains quite good in PvP with the secret skill and good element typing which ensures good damage on everything.

5. Motordragon / Tinkerclaus: (general B+ -> D/C+, PvP S+ -> C+/B+)
    Such heavy nerfs to the shell/box abuse these guys could create pushed them right down. Both can still cause disruption but Motor gets stuck on the field as probably the worst sweeper and Tinker doesn’t offer anything incredible, especially in PvE.

6. Rexotyrant / Kamishogun: (general B+ -> B/B+, PvP A/B -> C/B+)
    Not much has changed in the tiers but these guys were overrated previously (they were outdated sweepers that should’ve been lower). With the recent buffs they’ve switched in which one is great and Kamishogun now has an exciting amount of damage with good speed for charging bloodfury and even has sleep immunity.

7. Atrahasis: (general B -> S+, PvP A -> S)
    Fiendishly underrated! This guy is top notch for combo-making, can survive well and can sweep at high speed.

8. Dusicyon: (general B+ -> S+, PvP A -> S+)
    This one was new and rare so its potential wasn’t realised before. Crazy combo ability with so many monsters, ridiculously hard to kill and can even get kills very nicely (especially in PvP). Definitely one of the best.

9. Shadowhunter / Stormloch: (general B -> A+, PvP A -> C+)
    I have no clue how these were ranked before, especially considering their popularity in PvE and NOT in PvP. The single sleep + hold ground they offer is incredibly useful in PvE as a support for your team. If left alone to do their magic in PvP they can be good too but all too often they are countered with poison, purify or are simply too slow to make an impact compared to other monsters. Most other sleep monsters are better for PvP.

10. Tenebris: (general B -> S+, PvP S -> A+)
    I think this rating for general was made in haste and not corrected later when Tenebris benefited from the “clones come with full speed” buff. This guy is crazy for PvE and can single-handedly do a lot of content because the AI can’t handle foggy entrance and sneak attack is a one-shot against buffed monsters. The PvP tier has not changed (many things have shifted down by one tier as explained above).

11. Geartyrant: (general C+ -> S+, PvP B+ -> A)
    Horribly underrated and probably not updated properly when it got the secret skill. Geartyrant is one of the best PvE monsters which works in every bit of content when built around a little bit. The secret skill is very strong and perfectly complements the moveset to help you take complete control. In PvP it’s far harder to get going but can still offer a lot and you can focus on putting a monster to hold ground to charge bloodfury off to make Geartyrant an immediate threat to the opponent (and help to your team).

12. Aurodragon: (general C+ -> S+, PvP A+ -> B)
    This definitely wasn’t updated in the general section after the reincarnation chance went from 30% to 100%. Aurodragon is the combo queen that is beyond overpowered in a lot of PvE when used with certain other monsters. In PvP Aurodragon needs to be very carefully built around to be good and is generally too easily handled by a human opponent. It can be a fairly useful tool but is outclassed in most situations by other monsters.

13. Oakthulu: (general C+ -> S+, PvP B+ -> S)
    This was very harshly rated by people originally because it cannot poison enemies and after dual poison siphon got a damage buff plus the secret skill was added I believe people may have been too bias against it at the time. This monster is incredibly flexible, very supportive and packs serious damage potential in most circumstances. It’s hard to find a single flaw with it other than the inability to poison enemies that are in the field. I’m certain this monster has lots of fans out there now. I’m probably one of the few people who likes to go OoO with this in PvE and do crazy double survivor sweeping, benefiting from auto-poison and using the SS for 150s stun when I need an opening. The S rating for PvP is because of the lack of poison touch, if you’re wondering.

14. Noxdragon: (general C+ -> B+, PvP B -> A+)
    With the recent buff of reducing link bloodthirst from 100TU to 70TU this monster has got surprisingly good. Assisted moves in PvP are fiendishly underrated and accelerate team is very useful. Noxdragon has a lot more to offer than people give him credit for plus you only need one kill before using link bloodthirst thanks to the incredibly low TU, it’s so easy to get the second kill. The big issue with both Nox and Ashterios is the reliance on link, which is why they are two tiers below what they could be (one tier below in PvP). They MUST be used in the right team otherwise they are bad.

15. Mortar monsters:
    These have all been properly rated and moved up on the tier lists. They were disliked by the community when they were released.

16. Cosmodragon / Nebelronix: (general C -> B+/B, PvP C+ -> A)
    In the recent update these were buffed incredibly with the lower TU to protect teammates and divine shield (places a shield on all teammates when it is killed). Despite their slow speed this makes them an incredibly good trade with the opponent’s team and it’s now a good idea to protect before duplicating in many cases, making them support your team much earlier. Nebel still has the useless secret skill but Cosmo’s one boosts him in PvE where between the shielding, protecting and stealthing he can make a surprisingly effective backline with his duplicates.

17. Cryokaizer / Sanctallion: (general D -> A, PvP C+ -> A)
    Probably the most controversial change here. These monsters have been hated for so long but they’ve received three powerful buffs that have not been valued by the community. The clone speed buff has meant the 80s stun gets the next clone a turn, which is great for PvE. The elemental healing move creates great synergism with link teams and makes new clones annoying to kill (which helps them counter situations with one stun immune monster). The thing most undervalued about them is their raw power. They have huge attack, assisted moves and a 30TU attack boost which makes their assisted hit all move deal 2500+ to most monsters in PvP. They have potential to one-shot quite a few super epics with that hit all move. The high TU is irritating but with the ability to clone the value of these monsters is far better than you’d expect.

Super epic changes
  1. Protect teammates/Stun absorb: (general S+ -> A+, PvP S+ -> S)
    While very useful, these are not as required or powerful in modern times. If you doubt my choice here just take a look at the other monsters in the tiers.

2. Protect focus:
    These monsters have been knocked down almost across the board. Protect focus on super epics simply doesn’t work well, they still die too easily against legendaries and these monsters don’t have very much to offer. The knockback pushes a couple up one tier off the bottom in PvP.

3. Blossomight / Sanguinymph: (general D -> S+/A, PvP S/A -> S/B)
    Clearly the general section wasn’t updated after their mega buff. This pair now have a huge combo that is very strong in PvE and can be good in PvP too but is harder to pull off plus Sanguinymph is very bad if left by itself.

4. The four starters:
    These were previously all rated very highly albeit Wolfrozor in PvE (not updated?). Now they are all rated very highly in PvE except Rexkong who doesn’t have very much to add to a good team. In PvP they are spread across the top four tiers in the order Galvbane > Rexkong > Wolfrozor > Viridizardon. They are all great monsters which fiercely compete with the other good super epics. Wolfrozor is surprisingly good now with the decent slayerbane move (remember he has high attack) and the ability to quickly heal indefinitely. Viridizardon is great in most teams but lining up moves is where he struggles in PvP.

5. Older limited SEs:
    A large number of the older SEs have dropped tiers because they are not flexible enough or valuable enough even in the right team compared to other monsters around today (both super epics and legendaries). E.g. Shinobidragon, Balancion, Cryptblade, Devilborg, Rattlewyrm, Ogremaster.

6. Gaiawolf: (general A+ -> C+, PvP B+ -> B)
    Sadly with the removal of cannibalise -> DR as a mechanic this wolf has been harshly nerfed. He can’t offer much value while on the field but zealous attack can be fairly threatening in PvP.

7. Torrentide: (general “none” -> S+, PvP A -> C+)
    With the camouflage buff this monster has become crazily good in PvE, allowing easy completion of some challenges with practically no threat of loss. However, in PvP the clones can be easily targeted and killed.

8. Don dollguini: (general C -> A+, PvP A+ -> S)
    Quite underrated before, I think because of the link requirement. A few strong combos have now opened up with this, especially because link only requires 3/4 of your monsters to be the same element now.

Epics and below
  • Generally boosted the ones which are more useful to complement the stronger monsters.
  • Added a few monsters which were missing from “notable” lists like identical copies (e.g. Moji - Musharoo) and a couple with unique, useful things like Wickerchap’s stun immunity with high speed and sendback.

If you read this all through, thanks very much! I hope you like the new changes.

Going forward… I plan to update this ASAP after each new monster is released and I will write a little post talking about that monster when I add it to the original post.

1 Like

Azra is A, hmm I think it should be A+,
and oak is S, damn I’m surprised & happy coz oak got some love and he is back :ok_hand::blush:

It’s A+ for PvE but brought down to A for PvP.

Its link cannibalise is the problem. It means that you most likely have/want to use it in the front line. However, using cannibalise before you can start sweeping means that it’s slower than the vast majority of front lines out there and can easily be interrupted or countered. You might be able to build around this or go with the Azhubris combo for the link sneak attack all at 67% speed but this is not the safest strategy anyway and requires quite specific monsters. As a reasonable fan of knockback/repulse I have seen many times how horrendously weak Azra is to it!

I think A is a fair tier for it where it can clearly be very strong and offers a lot of value for the team but is limited specifically in PvP for the reason I say above.

I feel like icefang is definitely worth more than a B in pvp, that thing can single handedly destroy a heavily protected team, only weakness would be leo/angel, S/S+ still imo

I know that with careful positioning in your PvP team he can be effective but besides a good trade he often fails to offer much. He is way too situational, cannot handle stealth and has no defensive passives. Quite a few monsters have specific scenarios where they can tear through the enemy lineup so I don’t believe he stands out by being good against heavily protected teams. With “raw” being increasingly common it encourages fewer protectors in teams which lowers Icefang’s use too.