OLD Tier List

Titan is the least tankiest holy monster there is.

Aurodragon is a brilliant monster that is part of many strong combos. Itā€™s a bit weaker in PvP because people usually target it first but in PvE you will often get to reincarnate a few monsters and all the while it supports your team beautifully with purifying mist.

Burnsalot is one of the weaker sweepers in my opinion. Itā€™s got its own way of quickly charging, has hold ground and sweeps two at a time but pretty much relies on having a give turn monster around because the sweeping move is 200TU. Also, if there are no rockoids at the back of the team it becomes a total dead weight. Thatā€™s where the secret skill helps it out a ton and step back too, but itā€™s still not as easy to use or effective as other sweepers.

Do those guys really need buffs? I mean most of the time they are at least a 1 for 1. Hell, Iā€™d trade my trash Sanctallion for one of those anytime.

Unless that monster is Hellfox apparently.

Hellfox.

Hellfoz is strong but doesnt break the game. He is slow, low def and stunable. Hes managable

Burns will trade 8 for 1 before he runs out of rocks.

So now that weā€™ve had some time with newer mons, where do we think they slot into the tier list?

• Tygoron
  • Skeleviathan
  • Magmarinus
  • Malwing
  • Dusicyon
  • Any others Iā€™m missing?

And yes, I skipped Ankou on purpose bc I donā€™t want the community to get into that again :roll_eyes:

I think Ankou is an easy S, frankly. Itā€™s very difficult to not get some amount of value out of him.

Ankou? Iā€™ve never heard of this one before. Am I missing out on an amazing hidden gem? :wink:

Malwing is definitely up thereā€¦ amazing passive with a mixture of quick sweeping moves and SS knockback for a second passive. It always generates nice value.
Tygoron is up there tooā€¦ weak to both chrono and stun killer and stun revenge can actually work against him in this meta where Tygoron and Valzareign are common in the top bracket. However, aside from that heā€™s a brutal counter to stun and a great sweeper.
Dusicyon is not one I have but with the buff to CS it can now deal great damage and the shield field passive is super OP. Iā€™m not sure how much people have played around with it but where Iā€™ve seen it itā€™s done a brilliant job. Similar-ish to Aurodragon in the level of PvP support but it can do a lot more while itā€™s on the field than Aurodragon can.

soā€¦
when will be the next update?
lot of new people will find this list useful
but lot of them seems outdated and not valid anymore
and many new monsters still not in the list

Was supposed to be a few days ago but my computer charger decided to stop working, and these updates are usually too big to do on mobile.

Got a new one ordered and supposedly arriving today so hopefully soon

UPDATE
So finally thereā€™s an update, between work and computer issues this has been a while in the making and for that I apologise.
There have been some big shakeups, with tweaks and reworks and a big nerf to shell strategies with broken heart that has seen the meta shift dramatically. For now poison seems the favoured choice, being a safe and reliable choice in a very varied meta and occupying something of a middle ground in most matchups.

Additions:
Tygoron goes in at S for both lists, boasting an aggressive moveset with an extremely valuable stun converter as a passive, however a lack of hold ground makes it difficult to get value from bloodlust.
Skeleviathan goes in at B for general and B+ for pvp, can be a solid wall if left alone but extreme vulnerability to any form of knockback limits how useful it can be.
Magmarinus goes in at S for both lists, despite being primarily a sweeper a combination of repent, stun immunity and hold ground mean it can be annoyingly difficult to actually kill, allowing it more time to do what it wants. Which is kill everything.
Malwing goes in at S for both lists, it brings a lot of utility and can become threatening very quickly. In addition it is very easy to fit into almost any team.
Ankoudragon goes in at A+ for general and S for pvp. Similar to Revenarchion but much harder to use, Ankou has the potential for immense value but at the cost of being comparatively slow to set up and somewhat difficult to build around. However if left alone it can carry a lot of teams to victory.
Dusicyon goes in at B+ for general and A for pvp. An amazing passive in shield field and it can be suprisingly damaging if left alone, however tokens have moved out of the meta and it is still relatively passive on the field.

Movements
Ziberius moves down to S, the changes to death revenge and shells have seen fast cannibalise strategies dwindle, and the king of them has lost his limelight for the time being.
Deodragon moves down to A+, the nerf to quick charge leaves him as a solid mid-late monster but unarguably less powerful.
Nightrider moves up to B+, whilst suffering the same problems as before overwatch afford it an odd position of being a time bomb that has to be dealt with eventually. Either suffer the desperate all or deal with the survivor. The poison meta is currently keeping it down however.
Valzareign moves up to S, stun conversion is a big deal right now and the numerous buffs have finally paid off for the stun pupper.
Emeraldont mvoes down to S, stun absorption is being forgone in favour of conversion and the premier absorber is no longer the powerhouse that he once was

1 Like

The problem with Tygoron is that he punishes stun, but he doesnā€™t counter it. Stun Converter is not stun protection, itā€™s only (debatably) an upgrade to stun immune. He can mow down stun revenge or capitalize on the entrances, but without an absorber handy heā€™s going to send the rest of his team to hell and back just for a few quick kills.

Also with Magmarinus, you failed to address his reliance on rng. He can rack up damage, sure, but where that damage goes is every bit as important. There are so many ways that he could screw the team over; waking up a sleeping enemy, killing a dr with ill timing, triggering an enemyā€™s overwatch, or giving an enemy with a desperate move exactly what it needs. It makes him situational, and also hurts his combo potential, making it harder to choose the right setup for him.

1 Like

You canā€™t knock back skele coz of gravity field unless you mean something else.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

Skeleviathan, as Xyzencross said it has gravity field. I actually find this rating really interesting because Skeleviathan has two uses: protector in a link shadow team or for a OoO FL (with the SS). Then for a monster like Ankou which is restricted to link shadow FLs and is great but not OP you rate Ankou A+/S while Skele gets B/B+. Skele looks pretty decent in the teams heā€™s meant to be placed in, just like Ankou, but you seem to have rated Skele from an overall perspective while Ankou has only been rated in his best setting.

Magma is worth noting about how things hit random targetsā€¦ like Lucrayzor said. Itā€™s obviously a great sweeper but I donā€™t think it has a solid place in top-tier teams. Probably no higher than A+ on the lists for this reason.

Tygoron and Malwing are both brilliant.
I know theyā€™re rated S but seriously that stun converter + stun kill is incredible. @Lucrayzor it does leave your team open but for the number of kills itā€™s totally worth it, it often messes up their teamā€™s strategy. Also, donā€™t think of Tygoron as stun protection for your team, still use him alongside an absorber or stun immune things then youā€™re in business. Next to a TT works well or next to Leogeist/Valzareign can be a brutal combo because every stun inflicted on your team gets you 2-3 turns and they can sweep through. Basically get Tygoron out at a time when you can get 3-4 kills in a row and that can win you the match. The fact it can die relatively easily and is weak to Chromera (which is a ā€œweaknessā€ because its strength is to sweep through lots in a row, i.e. bringing out their Chromera) means that S is the best rating for it in my opinion.

Malwing too, the thing worth noting is that the moves are quick. 70TU reckless timestrike then 100TU bloodcrave makes him a quick and reliable sweeper for PvP. Iā€™d say heā€™s among the top tier sweepers for the pure speed and the amazing utility he also offers. Iā€™d rate him S for general and S+ for PvP.

I think Dusicyon is way better than youā€™re giving it credit for. Shield Field is a ridiculously powerful passive that works really well with so many things, then is super powerful with stunt double. Just think of all the squishy sweepers (or the TTs) that would benefit greatly from surviving an extra hit. Also, it tanks really well and can easily get kills if left alone plus can instantly remove any annoying tokens from your team. Dusicyon works almost like Aurodragon where it pretty much needs to be killed first, but it does loads while itā€™s on the field too. I personally think this will be among the best legendaries in the game once more people get it and play around with whatā€™s possible, as well as more monsters coming out that combo with it nicely (inevitably there will be some). Iā€™d say itā€™s worthy of at least A+, probably S in both.

1 Like

Dusicyon is brilliant I agree, but Skeleviathan is sort of trash as it can be got rid of easily by twin killers or requires exclusive legends to be usable.

1 Like

Skeleviathan to me is weird. You want him in a shadow team, but you also want him to eat tokens, and shadow doesnā€™t have much summoning that I know of.

Also both him and Grovo should get hold ground.

Mega is definitely a S rank. He is a sweeper that sweep too fast and can heal itself. He a problem. A Big one

Rng is bad to rely on tho. I personally love control. For excample making a no stun team and see how enemyā€™s choco stand there an entire battle doing nothing is awesome.

But hitting him accidently, lowering him to red and trigger overwatch ? Nooo thanks. Magma is A rank maybe

I think we see the S trigger pushed too often recently. Once S was given mainly to the most controlable monsters, such as TT, aegis, leo, goldā€¦ monsters you know the purpose of them and can lay a heavy damage if built right. But you cant build around magma nor rely on him to do a good job. No matter if on a certain situation he won you the match (a rockoid can win you the match too), he just cant be a S rank if you cant control a match with him.

3 Likes