Squinty’s “Narcissistic Thread titles.” (Pun intended to prove a point).

I think it’s a real shame it can be perceived this way. That’s not how I mean it at all when I do it.

What I hope is that people who find my guides useful go hunting down all my guide threads and learn what they can.

I can’t speak for sure about others, but they’re probably following suit. I agree it seems silly to throw your name in the title unless there’s a particular reason like you’re going to have multiple threads like that or whatever. Sorry for my part in encouraging any unnecessary titling that has been irritating.

1 Like

For the record, in many parts of the internet I hate the kind of people who write guides and either think they know it all or they simply want to show it off… while their guides just list stuff in the game or make really obvious points. Or when they do make some conclusions they try to make out their work is biblical text, undisputable or revolutionary in its thinking. These people/guides drive me insane and waste everyone’s time.

I’ve often had people assume I’m one of those and believe I’m egotistical because of it. I hope it’s clear enough from what I write/do that I’m simply trying to share some good quality knowledge on the important topics to help everyone play the game better and enjoy it more. Perception of it all over the internet can easily be incorrect.

1 Like

Sorry I know I’m rambling here but just wanted to add that I’ll only ever add “KD’s” onto the front of a thread title if it’s a guide or a thread with something that I think is worth taking a look at. With this “mythic solution” idea it was one I had put a fair bit of thought into and genuinely felt like it was a good idea for the game. I won’t write “look at this - amazing idea here” or “come heart this and make it happen” in the thread title, that’s not my style. Instead I just tagged my name in it and left it up to people to decide whether or not to look and/or support it.

P.S. Slightly disappointed this thread isn’t called “Squinty’s narcissistic thread titles”.

6 Likes

Honestly i did it because i think it looks pretty cool in your threads so sorry if i came across as narcissistic it wasn’t my intention

3 Likes

Putting the names in the title isn’t necessary and maybe a little self praising, but not a big deal at present. If it keeps happening it could get annoying.

I was gonna change the PvP thread title to: Saitamas PvP thread. But won’t anymore :joy:

4 Likes

@squinty1880
NMEducks’s pissing contest thread

7 Likes

I don’t find putting the name narcisistic, you just tag with your name a resource so can be easily found.
For example I am going to run my own Awoken Mythic tier list so I’ll tag it with my name so people will know that list is made by me.
Everyone has the right to tag with his name what is made by the person himself, it helps the research for other users.

2 Likes

Boilers Meme Corner coming soon. All my memes will be relocated to my proprietary thread. Adoration, likes and compliments only please. No critiques or memes from anyone else that might distract from my meme mastery.

11 Likes

But people shpild be searching for the topic itself not the person who posted it if they’re interested in the topic. It’s not like I’m going to be searching for “Gary’s balance death revenge” if I had an issue with the mechanic.

1 Like

Actually you do search both and find differences.
You still tag what is yours, there is nothing wrong.

1 Like

Lmao that was sarcastic mocking the various challenges people had put and as you can see, nobody took it seriously.

Oh whoops I didn’t read the thread lol

I’m going to create the MementoMori’s Toxicity Wasteland so we can freely throw ■■■■ on each other :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Isn’t that just the basement thread?

1 Like

There’s a difference between Zard’s basement and MementoMori’s basement. The latter has Cani AoE

1 Like

Hmm MementoMori’s basement sounds a lot better to me.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

What’s that thread :eyes::eyes::eyes:

When it comes to challenges , guess someone else did a better job here . Isn’t it folks !

1 Like