💡 Monster Skill/Suggestion Box 💡

Shedinja was awesome could be great add something in game like him only able to take damage from dark/holy monsters
Could also be a epic/rare monster
Medium stats but 1hp only
Passive: auro protect or something like that :slight_smile:
Moves:same as shedinja
Some kind of crescendo move
Acelerate
Single atack
Stealth
Would be soooooo coooool

I would like to see a monster with blitz survivor though.The final form of Terragar had it.Maybe a secret skill For Galliodragon or another survivor monster?

Change Tinkers secret skill to “Sleigh-er” bane :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Protector conversion is quite meh in decign imo. How about changing it so that it forces protector focus on a teammate? Unusable on monsters that have life flip unlimited abilities and only limited to once per match sounds good.

I beg to disagree, protector conversion is very useful and annoying at the same time. It gives you an opportunity to prepare for enemy incoming stun.

Yeah, but it’s a bad protector, meaning that the skill “protector conversion” doesn’t protect. It’s not terrible design as it does allow for good synergies with monsters with " revenge" abilities, but it fails in doing what its name suggests.

My idea to force protector focus on a teammate would allow for both great syngergies and actual protection: one monster would lose its attack, so you’d need to pick well, but if you do, you can create new weird strategies. Healers though would be a little too much with protect focus, so I wouldn’t make that a thing.

Just my 2 cents though.

If you need an end game purifier, or cannon fodder for retribution, or to withstand an end game strike for last bite or last stand, it can be very useful.

Protector conversion is a very versatile move. Making a monster “protect” your team is only one aspect. Here’s what it does:

1. Creates a protect teammates monster.
  2. Creates a stun absorber.
  3. Kills a teammate.
  4. Counts as a kill for the user.

(1) It is handy to have a monster protecting your sweepers but after using protector conversion you’ve then got to wait until the monster gets a turn before it is actually protecting, it’s not super quick to set up. Also, the monster doesn’t have particularly high stats. I would not say this is the primary use of the move, but it’s certainly useful to have a monster protecting your others and with purify.

(2) This is more of a primary use. If your team is weak to stun and/or you’ve just had your stun absorber killed them this is a great way to get stun protection for your team. You won’t need stun protection 24/7 so this move can be used in reaction to when you’re about to have incoming stun.

(3) Quite frequently you will have a monster out that isn’t helping you fight your opponent. When playing against a person they will probably try to leave you with monsters that don’t work well together. Maybe leave a monster which was vital to an earlier strategy in your team or perhaps a survivor monster they repulsed and now it’s just sitting there. It may be very advantageous to turn this dead weight into a protector stun absorber with purify.

Also, if they create any useless monsters in your team like bronzeshells or boxjaws then you can use protector conversion to kill them and make a useful monster instead. This is a very useful tool when fighting against strong teams which utilise the likes of Motor and Tinker.

(4) On Azura and Heavenshorn protector conversion is used for getting reliable kills quickly to charge their bloodthirst moves. It’s very useful for them in this way.

I hope that shows exactly why it’s a good move in this game. It’s got lots of interesting uses which makes it very unique and a brilliant move to have working this way. “Protect focus teammate” is a move which might come into the game at some point but that might mess with balance in some cases and otherwise is less useful or interesting compared to protector conversion.

I see your points, it’s versatile and can buff bloodcrave very well. I gotta say that I can hardly see myself killing a monster of mine for a low stats monster though (your point 3 I mean).

I still think that the given protection should be at least somewhat good, which it isn’t. Personally I’ve asked around about the ability since I have a Panlong and was wondering if he was worth UEing, and with him the idea of creating a protector to maximize the effectivness of my steath all is great and I see what the devs had in mind, but with a bad blocker you are left with a move that doesn’t really synergize.

Again, I’m not saying it’s bad, but I thought that only Zhulong had it, and in which case the synergy just wasn’t there. I can see this kind of move being good design on a bloodcraver though, that’s true.

Yes, totally worth ultra evolving. Protector conversion is a great move on him.

I really want some team status buff moves or enemy debuff moves like the old dragon island.

That use is really hard to explain, but I’m sure you’ll come to see what I’m getting at further down the line (once you’ve played with Zhulong). One of the skillful parts of play is making your opponent’s 4 monsters be ones which do not synergise and can’t kill off your team. A brilliant example of this is in Game of Hordes. There’s no way you’re getting through a large number of monsters if you leave them with 4 monsters who can fight back. Instead, it’s far better to leave them with 3 monsters that have no killing power while you continually kill the new one coming in. This is more clearly seen when people stun/sleep lock the 3 other monsters but in practice that’s just what people do when they’re pushed to the extreme like in Game of Hordes. In most situations and in PvP you don’t need to set up a stun/sleep lock on 3 of the opponent’s monsters, you just carefully kill off their problem monsters and leave them with ones that can’t do much.

So that’s where a skill like protector conversion can come into play. If the opponent leaves you with a team of 4 that do not synergise well then you might be better off actually killing a teammate and turning it into something more useful… a monster that can protect others, absorb stun and purify. Sure, it doesn’t have great stats but in this game it’s more about having monsters which have the right utility rather than good stats. The Darkstags which Zhulong makes can be incredibly useful when you have incoming stun.

I’m sure you’re still not convinced… Zhulong has the move protector conversion because he relies so heavily on link. Without 3 shadow monsters on the field he can’t stealth himself hence sneak attack does terrible damage. Therefore, he can turn a teammate into a shadow monster (this is where you might value that higher than the monster you sacrifice). Another case which is probably easy to agree with is if a teammate is not getting a turn for ages. Let’s say they’ve been hit by stun pulse or something and have 300s+… they’re only going to be dead weight on your team which your opponent may abuse so better that you turn them into something you can make use of. The last example I’ll give is when a teammate has only 1HP left and will be killed before their next turn. This should be quite an easy choice to convert into a full health protector monster, as long as you can spare the seconds on Zhulong. You could actually even use it on Zhulong himself if your shadow monsters are gone.

I hope that gets you thinking more about its versatility. I would say Zhulong is among the strongest legendaries. Definitely evolve him, you won’t regret it! It will help when you have some other good shadow legendaries to use alongside him but Bitterbeast and Noxdragon are fairly good options as it is :slight_smile:

I’d love to evolve him, but he needs 2 Omegamids and, if I want the SS, 2 Books. I’m still new, so I don’t have all of that; and even if I did, I’d rather UE 2 other legendaries instead.

I can see where you are coming from though, I see the versatility in the skill. I still don’t like its design though, but that’s personal taste I guess.

Monster Passive: Corruption - Purify, Cure, and Heal are unable to be used.

Ability: Decelerate

Ability: Attack Debuff

Were the ideas or suggestions of players in this thread ever heard or adobted by the dev?

Yes, actually. I used to post an enormous amount of monster concepts, and the devs actually implemented one of them, and paired it with someone else’s fan art design, and that’s how Noxdragon was born. Granted, he wasn’t exactly what I had in mind. For example, bloodthirst was NOT supposed to be link, you fools <_<

What was the original idea you had?

Survivor buff to 80 second speed was directly a user suggestion.

Leogeist came from a user suggestion.

Luc’s case as well.

Mojinator came from a forum meme.

Look at noxdragon to find out.

Move:one punch
TU:50 SEC
Opposite of protect focus this moves gathers attack and defense speed of 1 monster into his attack stats,leaving it with 1 defense