💡 Monster Skill/Suggestion Box 💡

New move: Bloodbane

Critical damage to any enemy monster that has a kill with Any blood move.

I second this.

Stunbane and Bloodbane would both be awesome.

Well, something we should clarify is the difference between killer moves and bane moves. Killer moves target monsters with specific moves, meaning they’re permanently vulnerable, but only those particular ones are. However, bane moves involve temporary conditions, namely having stealth or a kill streak(mons with camouflage are a bit of an exception), so literally any monster can become vulnerable to them. Since having blood moves or stun moves is permanent and exclusive, the moves would have to be stun killer and blood killer. A little nitpicky I know, but the move patterns might as well stay consistent.

So, while I am rather hesitant to crack down on all blood sweepers, I think a stun killer move would definitely make quite an impact. It would fit well on a monster that is stun immune, or possibly even renders the whole team safe from stun. Another thing it could do is if an ally is stun locked, it could automatically reduce that ally’s TU to 140, just out of timestrike range. The best part is it’s technically not giving turns, which means no weakness to chrono killer. So this guy could crack down extremely hard on stun since it’s completely dominating the meta right now, forcing people to stop packing their teams with a mountain of stun. If it doesn’t totally alter the way the meta works, then it’ll at least give stun spammers something to watch out for.

Thanks for the clarification of terms, Luc.

Then I vote for Stun Killer. It would deal lethal/critical damage to any mon that has stun flash, burst, or bomb. It would also be interesting if it killed the stun absorbers, too. Just to add another wrinkle.

And a “stun flip” or something like that would an awesome addition as well. It would definitely be extremely disruptive to the stun meta.

Also, what about “desperate repulse.” When the mon is down to 20% or lower health, it can kick any mon off the field, even unmovable or in the presence of gravity field.

On a mon with hold ground and overwatch it could instantly kick Motor or Tinker off the field. If they’re your enemy it resets the bloodthirst/survivor (at the risk of adding more shells/jaws to your lineup) but if they’re your ally it provides a unique opportunity to pull back unwanted entrance mons, grov, or shocker.

So, devs, I suggest:

Stun Killer - kills any mon with stun moves

Smoke bomb - sacrifices the mon but sends the other 3 to the back of the line up (could be interesting with heal rearguard)

Desperate repulse (see above)

Desperate repulse would be a little difficult to add to the game if it ignores passives like gravity field or unmovable.
Stun killer would be interesting to kill stuff that have stunning moves, would give everything a killer move against something else.
Also bloodbane is kinda pointless. We should have a update anyway in 2 or 3 weeks from now at a guess. Should include some interesting stuff such as a few buffs for certain monsters.
Oh also know this any new counters to anything are only as good as the person using them, Devs have done a good steady job of addressing a lot of stuff over the last 6 months.

But doesn’t excessive force ignore hold ground? Admittedly I know less than nothing about coding but maybe they could use the same method.

Hmm maybe, the strategic side would be effecting sweepers let’s say a sweeper is collecting kills it knocks it back but at the same time it’s kinda pointless let’s say it hits motor or tinker, bam shells again or roaring again.

Just reading the original idea of bloodbane the person said a monster that “has a kill with a blood move”. I.e. it wouldn’t work like a killer move, it would only deal extra damage if they’ve got the kill.

To me this just sounds like slayerbane but more restrictive. However, here’s where it could get interesting…

You could call it “bloodbane” and make it deal good damage to any monster with a blood move, dealing more if that monster has got a kill. E.g. it could deal the 2700 we see on slayerbane if they have 0 kills, 4000 if they’ve got a kill and even more for 2+ kills. That might be fun :slight_smile:

As for stun killer I’m not a huge fan. It would easily be a way for them to build counters to stun but considering how widespread stun is across monsters and there’s already plenty of stun immune monsters as well as stun absorbers I think the counters should always stay a little more complicated. We could get a couple of monsters with stun converter, that would really mess with the meta. Stun converter + give turn would be fun!

I was also thinking of something like a ‘death immunity’ kinda thing. The monster is immune to any death revenge, death roulette, death wish, whatever . Maybe even a move targeting monsters with death skills?

I think that’s the trade off, though. It’s not a perfect counter but could make someone using an activated bloodmove think twice about hitting it as you’re probably going to lose that charge if the repulse mon has overwatch turned on and repulsed that blood charged mon.

I also envision this move being able to affect friend or foe. So, if it’s on the field along side your motor/tinker, your opponent is going to have to kill your DR mon before killing your motor/tinker or else you can repulse your own for reentry with new shells/jaws.

As for Bloodbane I agree it doesn’t add much to the game on second thought.

I still think stun killer would be a great addition. Chrono killer is super annoying but definitely a great move. It would be especially interesting to release it as an event SE and really ruin everyone’s day. The devs seem to be trying to push us back to poison lately and 4,000 stun killers out in the player pool would help them accomplish that.

I don’t think a Death immune mon would change much, but new things are always interesting.

Hmm I always think of the triple ap users when thinking of poison teams don’t see how stun hurts them. Poison biggest counter is chrome.
We have heaps of purify monsters now that’s probably why poison ain’t as op as it once was in past it did lead the meta for nearly a year.

Repulsing your own team? You’re basically saying it will become a repeatable pull back at 70TU, that’s insane and very broken. Repulse between Motor and a shocker for an easy win.

I like the idea of desperate repulse, but not where you can do it on teammates nor where you can bypass gravity field and unmovable. Repulse is a very useful move for messing up sweepers which makes it good if the monster has HG and overwatch. In general having a repeatable repulse would turn the monster into one that brilliantly controls the field, but only once it’s in low health. Cool idea that could definitely be viable.

I only meant that a major threat to stun might make poison look more appealing to those running stun teams. It wouldn’t completely move the meta back, but it could influence it.

You could limit it to one use per battle? Like Choco life flip friend is only useable 1 per battle.

Or you could make it higher TU.

Perhaps using on your own team.would be OP, but what if it repulsed to the back of the lineup?

Glad you like the concept in general, though. Even if the devs release it I’ll never see unless it’s an event SE. Would be cool to know my idea was used tho!

Well ,moves only get more complicated from here, excited to see what the devs come up with in the new update
Also, when a mon is asleep with overwatch activated, is it supposed to not get its turn once it’s hit? Cuz I’m pretty annoyed at that and i think it shouldn’t be that way

Yeah, it’s always been that way. Thing is, 2 things happen when the monster is hit- overwatch triggers, and sleep disappears. The problem is, it happens in that order, so the monster gets its turn while it’s still asleep, so as a result it gets skipped. It’s just the way it’s coded.

Desperate repulse with a one-time use would basically just be a nerfed repulse. I think the unique selling point about it would have to be that it can be used multiple times. Like that it would be balanced I think and not complicated.

Sleep messing up overwatch is a good mechanic I think. Otherwise, getting past overwatch and hold ground is super tough. Excessive force is an obvious counter and poison too but you’re not necessarily going to have that on hand. Having sleep as a way to bypass it too is useful. Knockback is a soft counter for overwatch too. We need a good number of counters for things, just not too many that it becomes unusable. I think they’ve got the balance right for overwatch.

How about move duplicate…this monster can copy last move used on the opponent monster each time before it’s turn come

That may be really hard to program. Mirror damage maybe tho?

Sorry if someone else has already spoken about that
Sorry if it’s a stupid thing
But…
I would like to see the two next reinforcements of my opponent, not only one

We only see one cause it makes us strategize we have to predict what will
Come next before we blindly do double attacks. Lot of this game is prediction, looking at the 4 monsters on the field and the 5 one to predict the type of team or monsters the opp will have following.