I just got slaughtered by one of the coolest teams I've come across. Care to share some of your PvP stories? (Part 1)

Well those counters get fast removed by chromo and co

1 Like

If somebody has figured out how to utilize stun in the top ranks by removing the obstacles to stun then it’s well deserved.

1 Like

In my short time in this Forum I’ve heard people complain about almost every strategy imaginable. It’s getting ridiculous.

Everything that beats somebody else is considered cheap. How about we just remove every dam stratedy and start fighting with rockoids?

I’m just gald I wasn’t around when motor dragon was destroying everything. People who used that must have been considered the lowest of scums imaginable. Thank goodness I didn’t need to hear the complaints.

5 Likes

Stun only has 1 counter. 16 stun immune monsters. You can’t run absorbers or just few stun immunes to make stun not work. It’s just max cheese it’s ridiculous

And about counters. They’re all $170 guaranteed legendaries

1 Like

The stun shockers aren’t cheap to get either. I know that stun is one of the hardest to recover from. I’ve had top 20 players advise me to strategically place my stun convertors across my team in order to destroy stun shocking teams. It seemed that the common thoughts among players around 4 PvP seasons ago was that stun isn’t a scary strategy anymore and can be countered

But then “Cry is Free” figures how to utilize it even in this modern day meta with more stun protection than ever before and it’s cheap again?

I don’t have any personal motives here. I got ZERO shockers in my team. ZERO stunning entrance.

I don’t have Malwing🤣

But when I faced teams that utilized stun well. I’ve played against CryisFree many times in the past. I get frustrated but no where near as frustrated when I face a sleep team.

Coming up against a OoO team with Oniblade, Jackal, Bunker beast, Angelion in the FL then after OoO the user switches places with Jackal to bring IN FREAKEN GOLDTAIL.
That is waaaay more scary for me at least than Stun Shockers. Offcourse every team can handle different setups differently. But just because Stun can beat top teams at the moment I just don’t think it’s fair to blast the users.

To be fair, Your team was harder to play against. Onigiest, Duscy and Malwing that is a crazy stun, sleep combo that was unstoppable. When others bitched about it I defended it.

1 Like

What about

Abusing malwing with oni ?
Or sleep enterance ?

3 Likes

I think the reason why people dislike the opponent stun locking your team is it’s been around since the beginning of the game. There are ways to protect yourself from it, but also ways to counter those and still set it up. Stun doesn’t feel unique because it’s been around so it irritates people when they see someone so desperate to still use it.

The only thing that winds me up is when people all copy a particular strategy, it makes PvP dull.

I wanted to reply to the bit earlier on where people were talking about the grind for top positions. From my experience, top 50 is easy to get for anyone who has a high enough win rate to consider going for a top position. We’re talking 30-40 matches = 3-5 hours over the 4 days. Top 10 takes some grinding, a little over double that (~80 matches) which is ~8 hours. However, it still doesn’t require crazy ticket use because that’s 80/203 potential matches. If people have time and a good win rate then they can push for top 10, as things are going right now. Top 3 definitely take huge grinding. Nobody will get top 3 unless they’re going for it properly.

There are probably about 50-100 of us who could go for top 10, it just depends who decides to play lots in that season. As for 1st-3rd it’s out of maybe 25 people who wants to go nuts that time, but full respect to anyone that puts all the time in and can hold a good enough win rate for it :slight_smile: I hope one month my life aligns properly and I have the motivation to see if I can get my name in there one time!

Top 100 has very decent rewards and should be possible for many to aim for. If I was someone like Saitama I’d definitely try to make the time for top 100 each season. I tried to encourage my brother this season but we had family parties so he just did 2 matches, 2 wins and finished top 500 lol.

1 Like

Your brother got pretty good returns! I came so close to top 100. 1 victory away. Just to give you some background what was I was going through during the last hour of PvP.

I was out with family and friends at the beach having a BBQ drinking beer enjoying myself when I started playing. My wife was telling me to join the conversations but I said later LMAO. I was lying down on the grass being antisocial and playing a video game for that last hour haha.

Good thing we spent many hours at the beach so it was only a small percentage of the day. But man it was hard to focus and pretty intense.

Cliffhanger games. The Algorithm puts me up against top players. My last battle was against Xyzencross. Just to give you an idea of who I get matched against. That battle finished at 5pm AEST on the dot. Literally. I didn’t have time for that last battle to make the top 100.

What I have found with the Algorithm is that I hover between two different leagues depending on how many wins I get. I go on a winning streak and then I get pushed up to the next league. Start losing more matches get pushed back down a league. Sadly my last battles were
Done during the period I was in the Higher league. I would have preferred if they put me up against people closer to my rank during those battles. It was exhilarating though. I loved it.

Us gamers all have similar tales XD That’s why you have to get matches in early and secure your position, otherwise it’s not just your position that can get insecure… it can be your marriage too!

1 Like

Yeah gotta keep it under control. I’m just glad we had heaps of friends with us. Kept her entertained for that hour. Gamers hardships. If I had the team and skill to make No1 I doubt I will ever invest the time for it. Like you everything would need to align perfectly.

1 Like

Was still under top 100 after that defeat :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I appreciate the confidence but I for sure don’t have the time to commit! It would be cool giving some kind of reward to highest win percentage after a certain number of matches played.

1 Like

Anyone actually playing to win has no illusions or conceptions preventing them from using the tools available in order to win. Last I checked, you were using malwing abuse. Near frontline to win games.

I have no shame in running a shocker + geo + serapheon with SS in first 8 monsters. It wins me games. I don’t care what you think of me or anyone else in that regard as to what people use. If it’s legal to use, it doesn’t matter what preconceptions you have, the rational people will use it.

Game is game of skill, with stun being a win condition. No cheese exists.

4 Likes

Yeah I noticed :+1: I wish we both made it. You got me close. Did u see the time after that battle? Literally on the last minute/seconds of the event.

I had to fight people like RNG Raghnius before you. That set me back hehe.

I felt lucky winning that battle against you to be honest. I love your team because it’s different.
That Nova buff was absolutely perfect for you.

1 Like

Oh yes it did, after our match I didnt do pvp again hahahaha, well since I have 2 mythics so I might add them next pvp :joy:

1 Like

Well at least I got a win against u before that happened lol. Not gonna happen again :laughing: that’s awesome you got two mythics.

Did u get the Dark Scorpion stun convertor?

That would be great in your team

1 Like

Unfortunately no, wanted it though. Check rare gems unlucky players thread so that you’ll know what I got

1 Like

Well you got my favorite Mythic. The excessive force one👍

1 Like

I know the movesets in final form, its good, just wished the other passive was stun immunity

1 Like

Care to share?

1 Like