I just got slaughtered by one of the coolest teams I've come across. Care to share some of your PvP stories? (Part 1)

Hmmm not sure about that. It can still sleep lock all by itself. Would definitely depend on the limit

Shield entrance would work. It’s slow anyway and piercing moves are everywhere. And it wouldn’t give it any extra survival power past one hit.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree. Shield entrance and a 5x potent sleep would be too OP. Throw in a protector and you’ll have real problems. Imo that would be a buff. By the time a 6th potent sleep would be needed, the opponent would be dead

2 Likes

What if it’s Raw Shield Enterance so that it only triggers if there are no protectors on your field.

I also agree with Sherlock. We don’t need to change a monster because someone has bad manners. He will just find other ways to annoy people. He is the problem, not the monsters.

1 Like

It would still make it harder to kill and i’m against it. I would simply run it after a few sweepers and use the sweepers to take out the 2 or 3 mons which have a turn before, knowing the shield is there too. Toxic immunity or something a bit more placid would make more sense to me.

Maybe we need a button called surrender

4 Likes

The gold tail is very poor. He has no passive skills. The secret skills have no effect. In fact, it only has one skill.

2 Likes

@LemonSqueezy I think we’re just theory-crafting here.

I agree it would need a passive or at least one of its basic attacks changed. It shouldn’t get any passive, like shield entrance, that helps it get to the initial potent sleep because it can still have a huge impact with the move.

I’d take DonT’s suggestion of giving it RAW bloodthirst instead of, say, the hit all move. Raw because people always want to use it with protectors so then it won’t get to do much until the protectors are gone.

As for passives you could go with something boring like poison immunity or insomnia but I’d go for something unique to do with sleeping. Something like:
Dream shield - If this monster gets put to sleep it is immediately granted a shield.
Dream feast - When this monster kills a sleeping enemy it fully heals and has a shield placed on it.

With those two passives and raw bloodthirst it would be quite a new design, built around shields and sweeping with the exceptionally powerful potent sleep to get you started.

Guys I want to make a point on something.
Goldtail lovers are going to forgive me for that.
There is no monster that suppose to take out all the enemies army by himself.
Goldtail is actually the only one that can do that by odds. If you manage to sleep lock your opponent the game is done 90% of the times.
I do agree with a monster taking out 5/6 monsters, that’s called OP.
A monster that can rule is called unfair.
Goldtail is actually an unfair monster to me.
Not even annoying, is a level beyond that.
5 uses for potent sleep are more than enough to charge his blood move.
That’s it.

I don’t think anyone would question the power of Goldtail. The thing is, it’s simply not doing anything crazy in PvP because it has such low speed, low defence and no defensive passives. So while it might have a super powerful move it doesn’t need nerfing because in the overall picture for PvP it’s actually balanced. That’s the point people will get at here.

1 Like

I’d take off single attack, AOE can be still usefull.

AoE being useful is exactly the reason why I decided it was the one that should be taken away for raw bloodthirst :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes that’s right, but delugazar is exactly in the same condition of stats and doesn’t have a 34TU move so OP.

1 Like

Potentially if well accelerated Goldtail can try a double potent sleep on a new entry with average speed.

@Killerdog it’s not meant as rude as it may come across. I just reread it and realised it may sound a bit too angry lol. But I am too lazy to change it now so Yeah, I am not mad or anything. All good :slight_smile:

Lol, I wish you wouldnt have gone down the “It’s a reasonable suggestion to nerf Goldtail but there are these blind old players who don’t want to see it happen” road when nerfing Goldtail is one of the most pointless suggestions in today’s meta.

Goldtail has always been unique but highly depended on its potent sleep. It has incredibly low defense, is super slow, no passives and a rather useless SS because wasting so many TU for shields in a piercing meta when the main purpose of the Monster is sleep locking makes no sense at all.

Furthermore it was always common sense that it’s mostly a PvE Monster and when Angelion is a Gatekeeper Monster for PvP, Goldtail is one for PvE because it allows Players to win battles against super buffed AI monsters. Yes, there are several other ways to reach that goal aswell but Goldtail is a shop monster and with a bit of patience everybody has access to it. Other methods require a Lot of spending, a lot of patience or a lot of grinding in order to get your hands on the monsters you need. So Goldtails widely balances PvE Content for a huge amount of the Playerbase, no matter if they are Paying Players or F2P.

Also Goldtail was accepted and reasonable balanced when:

• Toxic entrance didn’t exist
  • Sleep immunity didn’t exist
  • Insomnia didn’t exist
  • Angelion didn’t exist
  • Cent didn’t exist
  • Monsters with insomnia and Sleep immunity didn’t exist
  • Toxic give turn didn’t exist

I could continue the list but I think the point I want to make is clear. There are like a ton of counters to sleep and Goldtail in particular and now we are really discussing This issue. It’s like the worst possible moment to bring up the topic. Actually it’s like asking for a draw when you have one monster left and your opponent has lost like two monsters.

There are like a ton of reasons to leave Goldtail untouched. And yes potent sleep has always been controversial, I won’t deny that. But suggesting that being against a Goldtail nerf is because an old player doesn’t want to see its beloved monster nerfed is definitely wrong in this case. Objectively speaking there are good reasons not to touch it.

And if you really want to play the old player card: There are so many new monsters who increased power creep in this game a lot. Yet, the “newer players” tend to defend them each and every time a nerf debate comes up. Instead we are talking about the few old legendaries that - despite the power creep - somehow still manage to remain viable.

4 Likes

I knew you weren’t angry. Tbh I regretted not replying to DonT’s post when I first looked at it, so nobody came in to counter argument the Goldtail nerf suggestion. I don’t think he was trying to start a campaign or anything, just offering his personal opinion that he thinks the potent sleep move is too strong. To be honest I agree with that, I don’t like how a monster is literally all about one move and even then is very powerful (for PvE). I’m just glad that the monster is balanced better than, say, the TT monsters were with their high defence.

I DO NOT think Goldtail needs nerfing or touching for the sake of game balance. Its power in PvE is a great thing in the game, especially now there are actually a fair few monsters which counter it. However, in an ideal world I would have it tweaked to be less about the potent sleep and have some more things to offer… but that’s just my personal taste. There are many other monsters I’d tweak too. Some of the legendaries (especially the older ones) are too linear for my liking, but saying that they don’t all need to be special and it’s good having some simpler monsters out there.

I didn’t mean any offence with mentioning old players or “Goldtail lovers” as I put it. I was simply stating how someone suggesting to change an old, good legendary is one of those things that is guaranteed to trigger somebody in the community. It’s no surprise and nothing to be ashamed of to care about certain monsters and to defend them when someone suggests an unnecessary nerf. I knew Goldtail would be one which many care about, just like if someone suggested a Burnsalot nerf I know nobody would care except Zardecil who would be very disappointed.

4 Likes

Speaking of monsters that’s you would tweak, what ones do you have in mind and what suggestions to tweak them do you have? I’m just curious.

Guys I will not keep going with Goldtail thread…
But really… Adding Counter and Nerfing are two different things…
When I hear people saying “there are been added too many counters” it sounds just an excuse to don’t nerf somebody.

Everyone is gonna just ignore this ?

1 Like