I have a floppy clock

Awesome i need to do that!

Made some progress in the floppy clock department after making a great discovery hiding under the entirely concealed rotation mechanism.

You will need to power the drive for it to work though and that may be a challenge.

No no, like, I’m going to have the clock mechanism behind the face, and the hands have to be at least ~ 6mm from the mechanism as the face, in this case, is ~ 4-5mm thick.

Just to clarify, the spindle mechanism is static, it’s secured in place as the face, it itself does not spin :slight_smile:

Wait…so it will be a clock???  I know that is the most oblivious question out there, but I iz confused. :3

Well…yeah…like…lemme just take a picture and show you…

Ahh alright. thank you xD

Yeah, but instead of the cheap face being there, it’ll be replaced with the spindle thing and the hand of the clock will protrude through the centre of the spindle thing, yeah?

Yeah I get it now. :stuck_out_tongue:

*facepalm* duh I feel daft, I remember now.

Not been very active today online and this is kinda why…

I went out to IKEA and got three small alarm clocks that looked ideal for the project (I plan to make more hence three clocks). When I finally got them home this afternoon, I took the screwdriver to them and tore them down to the mechanism. After removing the mechanism from the back, I had to pop the transparent cover face off to get the clock hands back. I fitted the coil motor, started to put on the hands and surprise surprise, there was nowhere near enough room. I pondered it for a while and looked up a couple of alternatives and then I realized…I’m not even going to use the alarm function anyway…I don’t even need the third (and closest to the face) alarm set hand. So, after removing the alarm set hand and trying again, it fitted like a glove so I went over the black hands with a copper/bronze gel pen, let them dry and refitted them and stuck the hole thing inside the floppy drive chassis et voila!

Really happy with how the face itself turned out so BONUS PIC!!