Game Play Issues

Lost in the game? Breeder is too strong? Something about the story you don’t understand? Something about the game makes you want to put it down? Please post all general problems here. 

This is a very minor issue but, being the perfectionist I am, I’ll point out everything I can.

When you have just killed the last monster in a fight, it shouldn’t say “Bonus Action!” again, because the fight is over and you can’t actually take that action.

I have discovered two bugs which makes the game crashes with the french version. First one is at the very beginning when the egg is supposed to hatch so you can pick your first Arkadion : the game crashes just before the egg hatches.

Second one is on a side quest; it’s the one when you have to help a shopkeeper to defeat a noble who wants to marry his daughter, in Geat. It happens just after the battle, on the XP screen. The game crashes right after the XP is added to your Arkadions. Hoping you will be able to fix it soon : D

Is there supposed to be a bonus action when passing? It seems a bit odd…

Edit: and also when catching a monster?

Something needs to change with the Level Booster item.

It’s on sale for 200 silver. For 200 silver, you can level a monster one time. You make 100+ silver per fight usually even at the beginning area. That means for two fights, you can level a monster. I’m only at the first dungeon and I have 28,348 silver.

Edit: I see what you did now. You made the price increase each time you buy it. Great! This isn’t actually an issue, then.

>When you have just killed the last monster in a fight, it shouldn’t say “Bonus Action!” again

Agreed. This one however is a bit of a pain to solve. We’ll see what we can do is though.

>First one is at the very beginning when the egg is supposed to hatch so you can pick your first Arkadion : the game crashes just before the egg hatches.

>Second one is on a side quest; it’s the one when you have to help a shopkeeper to defeat a noble who wants to marry his daughter, in Geat. It happens just after the battle, on the XP screen. The game crashes right after the XP is added to your Arkadions. Hoping you will be able to fix it soon : D

Ouch, Ill look into those now.

> Is there supposed to be a bonus action when passing? It seems a bit odd…

> Edit: and also when catching a monster?

No excuse for that. Will add to fix list.

>Something needs to change with the Level Booster item.

That wont be in the first town for launch and itll be a bit more expensive than that! Just wanted to make sure the item doesnt cause any issues bugs wise.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not:

I noticed that when you get a “Bonus Action”, you get another turn regardless of time units. However, if you get a bonus action while killing a monster such as Sanders (which has the ability that stuns all opposing monsters when it dies), you don’t get the extra turn from the bonus action.

This is not an actual issue but… why in every achievement box there is written “… and earned this achievement”? It’s quite boring and useless, i think you should delete it, if you agree

@Ashley,

The bonus action thing getting pushed back after getting stunned is okay I think. 

@Devide,

I can change that!

The bonus action thing getting pushed back after getting stunned is okay I think.

Okay. I brought it up because your bonus action system doesn’t take into consideration time units (for example, if you use an attack that requires you to wait 250 time units before attacking again and get a bonus action, you get to go right away). And stunning, from what I can tell, simply extends time units. So if time units aren’t affected, then even if they’re extended, it shouldn’t matter.

But that’s just my logical side coming out again. It also is fitting that if you’re stunned you shouldn’t be able to attack again as well. That’s probably the better idea anyway.

Bonus action actually happens before the TU for stun gets added. So thats why its like that now. Later on in the game there are monster that do bonus action so often that you need monster that have stun on death abilities to stop them so hopefully this is something that adds to gameplay depth a little bit :slight_smile:

Ah, makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up :).

About AI… so I understand that Watervoid, Airvoid, and the void spells that sacrifice the casting monster to protect its teammates from damage of that element are intended to be for strategic purpose. However, if you are facing a team of enemies that have these spells, they all think they’re being strategic and kill themselves. And then you win without having tried very hard.

If possible, making the AI a bit smarter would be nice. But I know that’s not always so easy.

I noticed that when fighting the elementalist dragon thing that was a bear In The mountains it seem to rather be getting a lot of bonuses because it literally had about 9-10 bonuses before I got to attack again and I just feel that is a little unfair ecspecially considering my S monsters didn’t get that many I don’t know if it is just how you all wanted it but I just felt it was a bit unfair in some sense

When I start a battle, the backdrop appears but there is about a 5 second wait before any UI or monsters appear.  It is getting a little bit annoying. 

Play on iPod 4th Gen

I noticed that when fighting the elementalist dragon thing that was a bear In The mountains it seem to rather be getting a lot of bonuses because it literally had about 9-10 bonuses before I got to attack again and I just feel that is a little unfair ecspecially considering my S monsters didn’t get that many I don’t know if it is just how you all wanted it but I just felt it was a bit unfair in some sense

He got 15 on me at one point! But I did win anyway.

We could perhaps make it so if more than 1 monster has a certain void effect already, AI would not repeat that. We’d have to look to see if that wont cause nasty bugs as a result.

Yeah it is intentional. It is to compensate for that fact that he is all alone and that he is supposed to be really awesome (right now its just a bear but its gonna be a mean looking dragon).

Can you try killing the app once and restarting to see that makes it better?

I’ve done that.  It works fine once or twice but then it starts again.

Okay, we might have a fix for that then. Its only battle where this starts to lag?

Yup and only the beginning part, once everything pops up it’s fine.

Edit: I mentioned to the admin I was having hardware, or software issues of my iPod that started the night before getting Teamflight.  I turned off my iPod for a few hours and when I turned the device back on it runs perfectly fine.  Plus, the 5 second wait isn’t their.  I apologize for the confusion and stress.