FAQ development thread

Ok, I guess I will start the thread up.  Let’s see if I can remember what questions came up early on.

Q: Why does it say I still have to complete a quest even though I just finished it?

A: If you quit the game without re-entering a town, then the game did not save your completion data.  Re-enter towns to mark your savepoints.  

Q: Do starters spawn in the wild?

A: Yes?  Maybe?

Q:  Why did Monster X get XP when I didn’t even use it in battle?

A: A number of Arkadions use abilities (Blood Magic, Devour, Throw, ??)  that use another Arkadion from your lineup.  In such cases, those Arkadions are “involved” in battle and gain XP.

Q:  Whoa, how did I get a bonus action?   Or, WOW, I got three bonus actions in a row, what’s up with that?

A:  Bonus action chances are determined by the grade of your monster.  S has the best chance followed by A, then B, and on down.

That’s all I can think of for now.

Make sure you list some of the moves that do he sacrificing. Like blood magic

I´ll just copy over my list:

Q: How do I catch a monster?

A: If you press the Grade of the monster inside the square to the left of the monster, it will open a new window with 3 different options. The left one cost a low ammount of silver and has a low chanse of catching the monster. The middle one cost more silver with an higher chanse of success. The right one cost GOLD, but has a really high chanse of success.

Q: What is Bonus Action and how do I get them?

A: A Bonus Action is bonus attack you can get after an attack. You can get up to 4 bonus attack after another.

Q: Where can I find XXXXX?

A: “See link” or just simply found out for yourself.

Q: What is TU?

A: TU is the time between attacks. All your attacks uses a different ammount of TU. Use each attack wisely!

Q: What is a First One?

A:  A First One is a strong story boss, but they are more than that aswell.

Q: What different types are there and how do they work against eachother?

A: Earth eats Air, Air eats Water, Water eats Fire, Fire eats Earth. Shadow is stronger against them all. Holy is weaker than most, but eats Shadow for breakfast. Elementless are strong against everything, but weak against other Elementless.

Q: What is a ticket and what are they used for?

A: Tickets are used when entering Online Mission and PVP.

Q: How do you obtain a ticket?

A: Tickets can be bought with gold, but they can also be acquired in the Online Mission option. Wait for the Meter to fill and you can collect them for free.

Q: How do you get silver?

A: You gain silver after each fight and also inside chests in dungeons. Monsters do not give silver inside the Infinite Dungeon.

Q: How do you get gold?

A: Gold can be bought in the store for real money. Some quests also give you gold as a reward. And gold is obtainable when winning in the arena.

Q: Where can I see how much silver and/or gold I have?

A: Tap on the golden egg in the lower right corner of your UI, then look in the lower left.

Q: What is the letter you see next to each monster?

A: That is called a Grade. There are 6 different grades with E being the lowest. It goes from E (1%) -> D(2%) -> C(4%) -> B(7%) -> A(11%) -> S(20%). The better the grade, the greater the chanse of getting a Bonus Attack. Having an S graded monster also changes it´s appearence making it look shiny. 

Q: What are the stars you see on each monster?

A: They are called ranks. More stars means a stronger monster. They go from 1 up to 12.

Q: What do my attacks do?

A: There is a small information button below each attack marked with an " i ".

Q: How do I attack?

A: You either tap the skill you want to use, or swipe in the direction the skills show you.

Q: How many monsters can I have? Setup/bench

A: The ammount of monsters you can have in your fighting setup it determined by how many Musical Scores you have and which Ocarina you have equiped. It´s also raised the higher Hunter Rank you have.

Q: What is a Musical Score and where can I find them?

A: You will gain 1 Musical Score for each 10 floor you reach inside the Infinite Dungeon. You also get them by reaching the different milestones in the first two towns.

Q: What is an Ocarina and how can I gather more?

A: An Ocarina increases every stat of each monster you have and they also increase the ammount of monsters you can have in your fighting setup. Some Ocarinas also have a special effect which can be looked at by pressing the " + " above the Ocarina in the Ocarina option or when you buy them.

Q: What are these arrows above the Ocarina?

A: By tapping those arrows it will alow you to sort the Ocarina after the arrowed-stat you have marked.

Q: What is a Hunter Rank and how can I improve it?

A: A Hunter Rank is a rank which determines how well you are doing and how strong you are. The better the rank, the more monsters you can have in your fighting setup. Your Hunter Rank can be improved by fighting in the Deucalion Outpost in each city.

Q: What is a Fusion Lab?

A: A Fusion Lab is a laboratory where you can combine some of your monsters into stronger monsters if you have the required recipe.

Q: Where can I find the recipies for the Fusion Lab?

A: You will need a recipe to combine monsters and these recipies can be aqcuired from side-quests you get in some of the towns. Some recipes are also gained from the Online Events.

Q: What grade will my monster become when I fuse?

A: The grade of your fused monster will be the average of the monsters your fuse. If you fuse an A with an A, the outcome will be an A aswell. If you fuse an A with a C, the outcome will be a B. If you fuse an A with an B it´s a 50/50 chanse to get either an A or a B. 

Q: How do I get better grades on my monsters?

A: Some online events will grant you an item that you can use to improve the grade of one of your monsters.

Q: What is an Egg and how do I get them?

A: An Egg is an item which will make you spin a slot. In these slots there are a dozen monster and the reward from these slots are one of the monsters you can see on the right side. Normal eggs contain common monsters.

Q: What is a Golden Egg and how do I get them?

A:  A Golden Egg is an item which will make you spin a slot. In these slots there are a dozen monster and the reward from these slots are one of the monsters you can see on the right side. Golden eggs contain common and rare monsters.

Q: What is the maximum level?

A: The maximum level is for now 99. If it will be increased or not is still unknown.

Q: Is the Infinite Dungeon really infinite?

A: It is, but the deeper you get… the harder it is.

Q: How do I reach the Infinite Dungeon?

A: The Infinite Dungeon can be reached by “completing” the game.

Q: What is a waypoint and how do I use it?

A: A waypoint is like a checkpoint for each dungeon. You can teleport to these waypoints from the start of each dungeon, or from other waypoints inside the dungeon. They activate once you step on them.

Q: Why does it say I still have to complete a quest even though I just finished it?

A: The game only saves itself once you enter a town. If you finish a quest inside a town, you have to leave and re-enter again for the game to actualy save.

A: Yes they do. Look around closely and have your Arkstones ready!

A: A number of Arkadions use abilities (Blood Magic, Devour, Throw, ??)  that sacrifices the last Arkadion from your lineup.  In such cases, those Arkadions are “involved” in battle and gain XP.

Q: I got stuck in XXXX and now I can’t go anywhere else and I can’t beat the boss what do I do?

A: Level up your team around the place and just keep trying.

I´m gonna need a grammar nazi and someone with good english to correct and possibly change the sentences for the better.

Some of these questions are for “dummies”, but there´s always some who can´t find out things for themselves.

Also more suggestions and question are welcome. :slight_smile:

Nice list Aethin. I can fix up the Englesh…later.

Q: What is a Musical Score and where can I find them?

A: You will gain 1 Musical Score for each 10 floor you reach inside the Infinite Dungeon…  where the hell did you find the rest? ;D

You also get them in the first two towns for reaching collection milestones.  

Q: I got stuck in Geat and now I can’t go anywhere else and I can’t beat the boss what do I do?

A: Level up your team around the town and just keep trying.

Maybe some technical ones I don’t have the answer to:

Q: Can I access my player data and play on a second device?

A: I am pretty sure the answer is no.

Q: I got a new device, can I copy my save data over to it and have it work?

A: No idea.

I doubt transfering will work because I don´t think the game is connected to the cloud. Think that would increase the number of cheaters and also make you able to “trade” monsters.

Well, this may suck if and when I upgrade my phone.  What if you restore from a backup to a new device?  I think that’s what I did last time.  Can’t remember what it did to my games.  Many of them stored server side anyway.

So when you make a backup on icloud, and make a new device use that back up on initial set up, all save files will be transferred.

Ok, cool.  Same goes for a backup to a PC I suppose?

Oh the cloud…where was this five years ago?

Yeah exact same thing.

It was still but a mist rising up from the evaporated bits dropped on the floor by all the iBeer apps.  

Would be nice if all the new beta testers could write their questions in this topic to make the FAQ more complete(FAQ above if you just scrolled through it). Thank you!

I know my english ain´t perfect, so if you don´t understand… ask any of us and we´ll explain it better. :slight_smile:

what are those arrows on top of stat boosts in Ocarina list screen was one question I got asked!

Actualy I never got those figured out myself. :wink:

EDIT: Until now! Faq updated with additional questions. 17/9

How about someone with good english help with the spelling and sentence build on the FAQ? Game is out and so should the FAQ be. :slight_smile:

I’ll get it posted in ten

Ok, I guess I will start the thread up.  Let’s see if I can remember what questions came up early on.

A: If you quit the game without re-entering a town, then the game did not save your completion data.  Re-enter towns to mark your savepoints.  

A: Yes?  Maybe?

A: A number of Arkadions use abilities (Blood Magic, Devour, Throw, ??)  that use another Arkadion from your lineup.  In such cases, those Arkadions are “involved” in battle and gain XP.

Q:  Whoa, how did I get a bonus action?   Or, WOW, I got three bonus actions in a row, what’s up with that?

A:  Bonus action chances are determined by the grade of your monster.  S has the best chance followed by A, then B, and on down.

OK, I think I have them corrected pretty well now.  I will post his on the forum in public now.

Post it!