English: Language/Story Issues

This is where English grammatical errors and sentences that need to be improved are posted. 

For the description about elements:

"An Arkadion’s element can increase the damage it gives to. Fire is weak against Water, Earth Against Fire, Water against Air, Air against Earth, … "

The “the damage it gives to” part seems a bit odd. Gives to what? I would write: increase the damage it deals.

The information about an ocarina’s max monsters is missing.

For the level booster item, it says: “This item can be applied to a Arkadions to increase their level by 1.”

The letter “a” should be removed for proper grammar.

>For the description about elements…

Right, will fix!

>The information about an ocarina’s max monsters is missing.

Oops missed that one. Will add.

>For the level booster item, it says: “This item can be applied to  a Arkadions  to increase their level by 1.”

Oh thats probably code generated text. Will fix.

oh wow, great catch on the spacing. That bar is for the turn order thing (the one that shows up in battle. Its a graphical glitch we still need to address

Great! Thank you for the catch!

Also a spacing issue in Captain Earlhart’s text (from the quest from Windon). I won’t post a picture each time since you know what it is.

Edit: and also when speaking to Fen northwest from Windon (when you fight the Squallfox, Duskling, and Torchtail).

Edit: and when talking to Fen again after defeating him.

I was looking into the … thing. I was using it like that everywhere and we have like 500 places in the game where we do that. Technically, its not proper to use it like that with or without the space at the end right? If it is incorrect anyway, I wonder if its a matter of choice. Our script writer probably preferred to do it that way. what would you say?

Well, “technically”, if you want to be correct, you need to put a space both before and after the ellipsis and also put a period after the ellipsis. So it would be, for example:

Incorrect: I am exhausted from walking here… I wish I were a hunter.

Correct: I am exhausted from walking here … I wish I were a hunter.

Ellipses grammar issues are probably among the most common out there. I think, though, that it is much more noticeable as a grammar error without the space there. At least adding a space makes it less noticeable.

Again, though, it’s only minor. Whichever works best for you is fine. People don’t usually pay that much attention to grammar, anyway.

I see, it is easier to read that way too. I think we will edit that all at the end because its gonna be really tedious and tedious things we like to put off :slight_smile: So please ignore those for now we can ctrlF and find them all.

Grammar issues

First town Orlen inside the Bar if you talk to the guy named Witold with blue hair: “He said his legion was on misson…”.  Shouldn´t they be on A mission?

Edit :  Also if you go inside the Bar in the second town Agramis and talk to the guy Heidal: “If you´re hunter”. -If you´re A hunter- should be the correct grammar there.

Edit : Also inside the bar in Agramis and talk to Morgan: “Rumors has it that there other elements”. I´m missing an ARE between “there” and “other”.

Grammar issue

While fighting the priest to prove you have what it takes to become a hunter, he say the following: “Let´s see if you´ve got what it takes”. Shouldn´t it be “you” instead of “you´ve”?

Grammar issue

Also when you enter the Arena for the first time and Leona starts speaking: “I hear that Hunters can an Arena Battle every day”. This sentence just sounds wrong.

If this is incorrect from my part I will definetly chill down on the “spelling corrections” since I clearly can´t tell what´s right from wrong.

I can’t believe I missed those, Aethin. Shocking.

Grammar issue

While fighting the priest to prove you have what it takes to become a hunter, he say the following: “Let´s see if you´ve got what it takes”. Shouldn´t it be “you” instead of “you´ve”?

This one is correct as is.

I see you fixed the bug in the ocarina when you click on the max monsters icon. However, you spelled Arkadions as “Arkaidons”.

Cave northwest of second and third town. You fight a guy named Berus: “What are you kids doing here?! This cave is my territory now. You´d better leave before I --don´t-- lose my temper”.  The word -don´t- doesn´t really fit in that sentence. Or maybe he´s just nicer then you´d think he is. :wink: