Dusci or Atra

A 75 % Chance can’t be replaced with a 50 % Chance. It’s simple maths got nothing to do with get good

2 Likes

Its 60% chance and gold isnt needed to win pve games Shadow or loch can replace him easly. In fact before i got gear or Green bird (deathmark) i was running SS+Shadowhunter+shiva+Protector and would go really far in uc.

Another player who ive forgot his name also was running a version without gold. Gear+epic protectors with sleep bomb and he would go far aswell.

Gold is nice to have but not necessarily.

If your saying you need gold to sleep lock ai git gud because accelerate on shadow/loch would do you the same.

Id argue that having SS and Shiva in addition was what carried you far.

Goldtail works all by itself. You don’t need other monsters for it to sleep lock and do it’s job.

There’s also the fact that 60% chance to sleep at 56tu means that on average you will need 7 sleeps ish in order to sleep everyone on enemy team. This equates to 392 seconds to keep everyone asleep. Most you can hope for is keeping 3 asleep at once with shadow, loch. It’s not about “getting good” it’s about the numbers.

Did I ever say that no other strategy exists? No, I didn’t. Other strategies exist. However gold is a 1 monster strategy that works no matter what other monsters you have. So of course you could reprioritize if you 100% know you have a non-goldtail dependent strategy in your monster pool. However most people will want goldtail.

2 Likes

Never said that and would never claim that. Still, Loch and Shadow can’t replace gold. Gold is unique and will remain like that as long as no other monster has potent sleep. You can sleep lock ai comfortably with other monsters but it requires way more setup then with golds sleeplock

2 Likes

All i was saying that gold should not be your first pick if you have a viable pve strategy and if own loch or shadow hunter you shouldn’t waste your tickets on gold as other strategies will carry you as far as gold would do. in fact if you own loch or shadowhunter and ss goldtail should be your last pick in the shop.

but then you have this guy who is rotating for gold like there are no substitute for him.

As far as dusci goes there are no monster in the game that can substitute for him.

The only time i would rotate for gold is when you dont have loch or shadowhunter.

1 Like

Did you even read my whole post?

I literally said that yes, there is a contingency on goldtail. If I’m advising a new player and I don’t know their monster pool, then I’m just going to say goldtail. You have said in your post basically:
If (shadowhunter or loch) + soulstealer:
dusicyon
else: Goldtail

Which I don’t disagree with.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I already have Shadowhunter so it would still be between dusci and atra. Hopefully I pull one of the two from a rare egg before I get my six tickets so I don’t have to choose

I’d go Duscy, Atra, Gold. In that order.

I prefer PvP though so bear that in mind. Duscy is awesome and doesn’t need to be talked about much. With a 50tu cannibalise Atra can charge itself very quickly. I agree with @Mr.X on Gold, I personally prefer shadow. It’s a drop of 15% but the hold ground is key. Shadow over loch for the detox. Not necessarily for the high damage but to protect itself further.

PvP = Duscy , PvE = Atra

3 Likes

Frankly there is no substitute for Dusi or Gold. Both are amazing. Loch/shadow cannot compete with gold. And nothing competes with Dusi.

Not to get involved in the big debate over this but as someone who doesn’t own Stormloch or Goldtail and who tried to make Shadowhunter + Soulstealer work I can say it’s not a replacement. The 130TU and unreliable sleep from Soulstealer’s sleep all does a great job supporting a single sleeper but it doesn’t give anywhere near the consistency Goldtail does. I too made a team with Geartyrant + Shadowhunter + Soulstealer + Shivadragon a long time ago and it was the addition of Soulstealer which pushed it over the edge into something that could get me far in UC but it’s not consistent enough.

HOWEVER, what does work is having two single sleepers with the 70TU 60% chance at +5 bonus and accelerate them both. Stormloch + Shadowhunter is the best two to have but we’ve had a few super epics with a good single sleep move released in the last year or so. My brother’s first legendary was Geartyrant and for a long time he’s used Shadowhunter + Flutterdrake Clover + Geartyrant with a Viridarzon (earth starter 5*) for the acceleration in there too and Bitterbeast around for the stun protection. When you have both sleepers at +5 and accelerated then it’s better than what Goldtail can do by itself.

So Goldtail can be replaced and with monsters that a lot of us will get. However, it’s impossible to do with just one other monster which really limits what your teams can do. The ideal scenario is actually to have Goldtail + Shadowhunter/Stormloch in my opinion. Have both sleepers accelerated and only sleep immune things will get through that. It’s for this reason that even if you have sleepers already you’ll want Goldtail in your collection.

P.S. I’m a huge fan of Soulstealer and the 130TU sleep all for PvE control. My favourite PvE team involves accelerating Soulstealer and spamming sleep all then killing off the awake monsters at high speed.

Considering ur sleep all has 99.9% chance in pvp, ur feeling of shadow/loch proves nothing.

1 Like

Its because i believe in the heart of the team.

1 Like