Balancion Trials

Gaiawolf? Or Ogremaster

Imo, Gaia used to be much much better with Survivor putting pressure on your opponent to get rid of it and lose a monster of their own in return instead of letting it run rampant. Since all the updates, Gaias power is severely lacking and he just doesnt cut it anymore. Add to that the change on Death Revenge not being able to trigger off your own mons killing it and the high prevalence of Dusic shielding everything anyways so DR is basically useless, you are probably better off going with Ogremaster. At least in this meta, as it stands, Roaring Entrance with Purify All removes Poison from the field to be a cheap psuedo answer to Scorpion and Poison teams while Purify All will also remove Stealth from the likes of Glaciarion and those affected from the reincarnation dragons mist. Retribution is also very handy so that Ogre doesnt become dead weight.

Even trying for Link Grass, Gaia imo just isn’t worth it anymore. Go with Ogre.

2 Likes

@NMEGaryOak

1 Like

Gaiawolf is a true veteran, he was one of the first 3 unique event SEs EVER, alongside shino and blitz. His moveset has remained untouched for 4 years, and it shows lol. Ogre was a sad sight in his time too, but he’s gotten decent buffs that make him at least worth looking at. Also Gaia never had Survivor, dunno what Cell’s on about :stuck_out_tongue: The only potential threat he poses is walloping the nearest storm SE he can get ahold of lol. If you want a super fast accelerator that can still throw a nice punch, you’re better off with Viridizardon.

I played this game 3 years ago and could have sworn Gaia had Survivor at the time bc it was before Zealous Attack was even a thing. I could be mistaken as it was quite a long time ago but I’m pretty sure.

Perhaps you’ve confused him with Gaiakaizer, the nest SE. purify, HG and desperate double, that ring a bell too?

Nope, not confusing him with the Kaiser. I must just be mistaken on it so I’ll take the L.

Either way I feel that Ogre is the much better monster currently

I got gaiawolf the first time it was released and it was always zealous attack

Then my memory is messed up on it. Since I made the subject up, he would be much better with Survivor… ah well, Luca said it best, Virid is a much better choice than Gaia.

Your arrogance will prove to be your own undoing @DMG_LUCKDRAGON , amirite @Goku ?

Well with. things being taken out of context, sure. The sentence is that with Dusicyon running around everywhere, as far as PvP goes DR is basically useless.

Are you posting like Cell would on purpose @DMG_LUCKDRAGON ?

SMELL YA LATER

Perfect Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance :slight_smile:

In reality we don’t use SEs a huge amount, just a few of them you’ll use once you get a decent collection of legendaries. Looking at them from this perspective, Ogremaster is not really a monster you’ll use but Gaiawolf has death revenge in 2nd form so it is only 7 cost as a DR in your team. This is more useful if you create an Aurodragon DR team for use in Ultimate Challenge, Balancion’s hell mode or online story hell mode.

oops I ultra evolved gaiawolf and horrorclaw a looooong time ago lol. on a side note, my severe nasal congestion i’ve been having for the past month was caused bc of a sinus infection that apparently had no symptoms other than something similar to what happened with Bob (his nose, not the assassination attempt) and it should be fine soon.

Random person with a random detail ! Seems like a normal day around here

2 Likes

Prednisone feels weird

1 Like